• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE U EVER TOO OLD FOR POKEMON?

CAN YOU BE TOO OLD FOR POKEMON?

• YES U CAN!!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NEVER TOO OLD!!

Votes: 48 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokeluv

Lugia #1
Years
  • EY DA NAME IS ROBERT, IM 17 BOUT TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL DIS YEAR N I STARTED WATCHING POKEMON AGAIN FOR OLD TIME SAKE. NOW IT SEEMS IM HOOKED AGAIN!! LOL WUT DO U THINK, CAN U BE TO OLD??

Last edited by a moderator:

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • O.o too much caps :S
    I too am 17 and far from being the oldest here. Using age as a basis for enjoyment is immature in itself so people who say pokefans are immature, are themselves immature.
    Please don't use caps so much :S

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    No, you're never too old for pokemon.
    In fact you're never too old for anything (except flirting while you're over 80 years old).
    But yes, you can be too young for some things if you're not at least eighteen year old...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Pocket Monsters is a game, an anime, many different things. It's 'n interest. Since when do interests like games have age limits? If someone enjoys it, they can be any age. Sure, many of the younger people attract to it, but I've seen 50 year olds enjoy & love the Pocket Monsters Franchise. No, it doesn't have an age limit. Yes, it does attact younger audiences, but major age group reeled in doesn't set "you have to stop liking this at x age."

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
  • I love Pokemon So much >_<

My Older brother tells me I'm to old for it though and I should stop playing and Lol, I'm 15. And he told me to take off my Pokemon Posters off my wall.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Maybe it can get old for you depends on what u think...

You can be Mature~~

Are you saying that liking Pokemon is a maturity thing? :S
    And this isn't about Pokemon getting old, but old people liking Pokemon.
    And most things with the 18+ limit aren't all that good for 18+ year olds :S But 80 year olds are allowed to flirt...Just won't be very succesfull, unless you're an 80 year old interested in men :S
    It's just a common misconception like boy/girl colours :P People need to wisen up and accept others enjoyments xD

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
    Years
  • No, I don't think that there is an age limit for Pokemon. I know people who are even 21 and still like Pokemon. It depends on your personality. Some people may stick with Pokemon for a long way, while others only for a little while.

Years
  • I've liked Pokemon since the games started coming out and the first episode aired. I don't plan on not liking Pokemon anytime soon either. Sure when your 19 and you still like Poka-man (don't you hate it when people call it that? :P) your looked upon as being a little weird, but you can't let it bother you.

So basically my answer is NO, you can't be to old to like Pokemon.

Years
  • Nope, I'm a beleiver of you can like what you like at anytime no matter how old you are. I know a 28 year old into Pokemon...well he's my BF so course I would know XP. Most of my friends are into some form of Pokemon be it anime, games or the TCG ^_^

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'd probably say that you're never too old for Pokemon, because my father who is considerably more older than me, also has a small passion for Pokemon.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I think you can be too old for Pokemon, but that shouldn't stop you liking it. If that made any sense.
    I think that Pokemon is designed at younger people and you can outgrow it, but if you like it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    Besides, look at the creators / artists / developers at Nintendo who work on Pokemon games and franchises. They aren't 10 years old, they are grown ups.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I believe that you can never be too old for anything! I'm 20 years old and I still love pokemon from the bottom of my heart. That will never change. It has become a part of who I am and who I will be.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Aw, I'm with yah, Pachy. ;) I'm 21, going to be 22 in January, and I still get in my Pokemon moods hehe.

My uncle all his life has been a Star Wars fan. He's in his 30's now, and his entire house is filled to the brim with Star Wars toys and collectables. If you're really into a fandom, then it doesn't matter what age you are. Seriously. Stop being afraid that you'll be made fun of or anything ridiculous like that lol.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • I have to agree with most people in this thread as I'm 21 and still love Pokemon!

It may be cos I've grown up with it or maybe it's just a genius game?!

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • I'm 15. Collecting the Pokemon games, my 11 year old brother and my dad give me a hard time about it. :P But I believe you can't be too old for Pokemon.

Back