• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a good person?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Do you consider yourself a good person and why? And before you ask me to define "good person" for you, I'd like to ask you to do it yourself and tell me if you're a good person in your own eyes!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I think I'm a good person. There is one person in this world that I think really cares what I think, do, feel or say and that's my fiance and I try my best to live my life in ways she'd approve as she does for me. I do my best to make her happy because I truly feel that her happiness is the most important thing in the world. That may make me a bad person to others but in my eyes and hers I feel I am good.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I do think I'm a good person. I'm a good-hearted person who's caring, honest, kind, courteous, compassionate, understanding, generous, and many other traits like that. I try my best to make people I know happy and am okay with sacrificing things for other people and giving back, and I posses moral values I consider to be positive and important in a person.

Unfortunately, sometimes I think being a good person leads me to being hurt in the end when others are involved. Despite being a good person, bad things seem to happen more than good and I was raised thinking good things happen to good people so that leads me feeling a little disenfranchised by systems. Because of that, I've come to not expect much from others and a little bitter (I expect people with less pure hearts to get further in life than me and other people like me).

Last edited by a moderator:

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • I think I'm a good person. There is one person in this world that I think really cares what I think, do, feel or say and that's my fiance and I try my best to live my life in ways she'd approve as she does for me. I do my best to make her happy because I truly feel that her happiness is the most important thing in the world. That may make me a bad person to others but in my eyes and hers I feel I am good.

I would agree with you here. (Since I'm the fiance xD)

Though as far as me being a good person? I suppose I am to HIM and HIM alone.
    I can get along with others with intelligence, and I LOVE it when people know more than me and teach me something. (Especially if it involves history)

I do not mind if you are ignorant in certain areas, but I don't appreciate it when people are close-minded and clueless to everything. These are the people I have no respect for, which could make me a bad person in their eyes, I don't know.

Sort of like my mother whom I never deal with because she dropped out in 8th grade and doesn't even have the slightest clue to what a Historian is and that's exactly what I'm going to college to be. You can't explain anything to her either, so why try? So anyway good person? I am to an extent... but if I believed in heaven or hell, I doubt heaven would be the place for me.

I believe in Karma though, and I believe my good karma outweighs the bad.

Ayselipera

All I can say is I'll be nice to you if you're nice to me and if I care about you then I'll most likely be there for you if you need me. So take from that what you will.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think more basely — of what is beneficial and what is adversarial.
    As it happens I prefer to benefit myself without causing adversity to others, ergo to common human morality I am generally good-natured.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To me, a good person is someone who tried their best to be nice or polite to anyone. I think I'm those things because I don't like to get into any form of conflict.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't always manage to be a good person, but the fact that I do try to be as good as I can as often as I can, and that I feel guilty when I'm not, suggests to me that in general I am a good person.

I try to think about others, I help out people when I can and I never purposefully try to hurt others, so I don't think I'm really a bad person. But all of us have our moments; I just feel sometimes I have more moments than a lot of people, and I pay the price for that, what comes around goes around. It's better for everyone to just do your best and consider other people.

Years
  • Being a good person is the thing I care most about. I want to be a good person for others and for myself because I think everything that's worthwhile stems from that. I can't adequately describe what I think a good person is though. Maybe I'm just tired right now, but it seems just... obvious what it is. You do good things and voilà! you're a good person.

I do think I'm a good person, but I also think I could stand to be a better person.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I like to think I'm a good person. To me, a good person is somebody who will live and let live. They live how they like and don't try to stop others from doing the same - or furthermore, try to stop others from stopping others from doing the same (if they want extra credit lol). I think I'm like that, most definitely.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I punch people, I hurt people's feelings, I steal stuff... In my own terms, I'm totally a good person!

I know I'm a good person. I've never hurt anyone and try to be as nice as possible to everyone. A true pacifist, you may say. I'm not as generous as some people however, I tend to only help out if it isn't much of a task. But at least, I always care for other's feelings, as long as they don't hurt me.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • I'm a good person... My thoughts....not so much.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • I'm a bad person. Not saying this because I lack self-confidence whatsoever, but because I do a lot of terrible things and tend to take advantage of people if I can. Examples: Stealing. If I could rob someone of their money and get away with it, I probably would right away. I steal from my parents whenever I spend some money from a trip/movie or something, and don't really give back the rest... not too proud of it, but meh. I'm a greedy b****. Another example: I don't connect with people well. I really can't say that I feel the same way about certain people that really seem to adore me, and I bet I could leave all but one or two behind if I had to. Also, I eat babies in my free time.

Any good qualities I have can be lingered over by negative traits, sad to say it. But I can say that I do try to be sincerely kind to people, and help others with their issues. That last thing is actually one of the few things I love to do and take pride in. Makes me feel better about myself, lol. I also tend to be nice as long as they don't do anything to my friends or annoy me(too bad I have a high temper). I stumble a lot on sentences, but I tend to talk a lot more intelligent and clear when I'm angry rofl.

More faults is the fact I'm jealous of everyone. I have too high of expectations. I am lazy at everything and slack. I suck at sports I act modest to get more compliments than I deserve, I laugh way too much at people, and again I'm greedy. Oh well. I'm human, I can say that.

Great topic/thread. I enjoyed writing this, surprisingly.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    This is a question I have struggled with for quite some time now. How does one truly measure the quality of ones character? How can I know if I am truly a good person, or if I am an evil person? I just can't decide. Although my inner bring tells me that I am over analyzing this, I cannot help but wonder if I really am a good person. I do not intend on causing harm to those around me and I certainly do not ever want to harm them. The people I love are all I have in this world. I love, I care, I help others and I try not to hate people. To me, hate corrupts a person. I mean, sure, hating isn't evil but some hate can lead to evil, the opposite of what we deem 'good'. I am not free of hate, no; there are some people who I cannot forgive for the crimes that they have exacted against me. But does that make me a bad person? No, I don't believe it does. So what does make me a bad person, exactly? Lying, corruption, greed and harming the physical flesh of others, let alone their spiritual or mental 'flesh'. To my knowledge, I have not done any of those things apart from lying and that I am sorry for. What else makes me a bad person? Ignorance? Prejudice? Many, many things. But, I am deviating from the point of this thread. So, am I a good person? I suppose so. Although I am plagued by doubt when I write this, I see no evidence that says I am not a good person. Maybe it is easier to say I am neither good not evil, maybe it is simpler to say, with the risk of sounding like a cheesy Hannah Montana or Demi Lovato song, that I am simply me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I guess I'm good, but I definitely could be a lot better. That's all there is to it.

Years
  • I am a good person. I am loyal to my friends and family, trustworthy, kind, etc. I am the exact opposite of a bad person.

Years
  • To me a good person is someone who always takes into account other people and how their own actions will effect those around them. So yes from my views I am a pretty decent person.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Hmmm...I really don;t know. On the one hand, I have traits that I think are great and that I wish more people had, but on the other hand, I have traits that I absolutely abhor about myself that in all honesty, I kinda think negate all the good things. :\

So overall, I am in between.

Years
  • Not particularly. I don't really do that many selfless things for people. I don't give back to the local community and I generally look after number one before anyone else.

Back