• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you a male or a female player?

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I am male, so like many others, my sprite is also male.
    I just base my ingame character on me so it'd be foolish to be a female sprite when I base it on me :P

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    im a male. i usually do 2 playthroughs of each game. one as each gender :)

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    well, i usually play as a girl seein as though i am one
    but if the male character looks cooler then i chose that one
    (like in pokemon sapphire/ruby/emerald and in the old silver and gold game)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I tend to pick male because of my gender. That, and my friend would laugh at me for being a female in the game.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Well, since i'm a guy, I play as a male. It would be REALLY awkward for me to play as a female. D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I played as a male because in the old crystal/silver I played as a girl(I don't know why:/ )

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Female Player, I'll sometimes play as a male though =] I keep wanting to start over and use the dude. But I like the girl sprite.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Female of course. Although in HGSS I like both male&female overworld sprites.
    Choose female because I am one, duh. If it was ~3 years earlier when I was obsessed with yaoi then I'd choose male.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I've been meaning to runthrough with the male character, but somehow I keep picking the female...

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I actually quite like the female sprite in HGSS, (Lyra) so I figured I'd play as a girl, probably because, well... I'm a girl.
    But I played the male character in my Ruby because of Pokemon Adventures. I did contests, too. With a Mightyena, a Marshtomp and a Kirlia. Really.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I have both HG/SS, so I play as a male on SS and a female on HG, seeing as that's the order I started playing them in. :>

Back