• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a prude?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Step 1: Define the word 'prude' in your mind, as it varies from person to person. Some things to consider when crafting your definition:
    -Are people prudes if they don't have sex themselves, even if they are pro-sex?
    -Is someone a prude if they have a lot of sex but still pass judgment on the "wrong" kind of sex (casual, kinky, etc)?
    -Is prude about what you think or what you do?

Step 2: Apply definition to self. Do you consider yourself a prude?

---

To answer for myself, I define prudes as those with more than a few backwards ideas about sex. To me it doesn't matter how much they've had or what kind it was if they still hold ideas such as "it's inappropriate to have sex with someone you've just met". And by this definition, I am certainly not a prude - regardless of my personal inclinations I'm about the least judgmental towards sexual activity out of everyone I know.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    For me, prudish mean you would find it embarrassing to talk about sex with people. You would feel uncomfortable talking about it, displaying any kind of sexual behavior, etc. I can be kinda prudish. For instance, my coworkers know I am gay, and one time one of the female coworkers had a rash on her thigh and she felt comfortable showing it to me since I am gay, but I immediately looked away anyways because hey, that's kinda cutting it close there, dontcha think? So I can be pretty prudish at times...although other times, I can't help but make a crude joke, if I think it's funny enough. :P

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Why can't just people talk openly about sex? It's nothing inappropriate, if you think about it. It's a part of life. It's what we all (will) do at some point in our lives.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I kinda see it more as someone who thinks they're above everyone else for not having sex yet or not meeting their own sex standards. Like someone who judges or looks down on people who have had sex before marriage, etc. Which I guess would be like the second definition the op gave.

I don't see myself as a prude. I really don't care what anyone does and honestly I love to talk about it so I actually enjoy hearing it lol.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    For me, prudish mean you would find it embarrassing to talk about sex with people. You would feel uncomfortable talking about it, displaying any kind of sexual behavior, etc...

Same definition for me. And no, I'm not prude at all if that's the case cause I always make sexual jokes with my close friends :D

Years
    Prude for me has more a broad definition. I imagine a prude as someone who is adamant that their ideas are the best ideas. They are so stubborn as to not consider the opinions of others because they aren't as well formed or as completely realised as the prude's.
    It never really had any sexual connotations for me, which is interesting.

I guess by my definition I could be considered a prude, but I'm pretty open to new ideas.
    But by everyone else's definition I am most certainly the last person to shy away from sexual conversation.

Years
    I'd consider myself a prude, but in a "I don't want to talk about sex or anything related to it IRL, and I don't want to hear about yours" way. Which probably doesn't make me a prude at all, but rather, just awkward about talking about sex/sexuality.

I don't judge what people do with their lives, as long as it's legal and consenting. They can have all the sex in the world. I just don't want to hear about it. It doesn't interest me and it makes me feel awkward listening in on it. And I ain't telling you about my sexuality and (lack of) sex life either. I don't want to talk about it. So at least I'm consistent about it?

Oddly enough, reading about sex online doesn't bother me in the slightest, even with people I know. It's IRL that freaks me out. *shrugs*

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I define prude as a person who is uncomfortable talking about sex and sex related things such as nudity and so on... Maybe not so much someone who judges other people for talking about it, but wouldn't really want to talk about it themselves and isn't necessarily comfortable seeing sexual organs.

I actually think I am quite prudish at times, especially about breasts... Even typing this is uncomfortable actually. I just don't like seeing them and I don't like talking about sex or anything like that I'm not sure why it's just not a topic I enjoy talking about... unless i'm drunk

but on the other hand i don't mind talking about it online or over text message or even reading about it, it's definitely something I have more trouble with in person than on the internet.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think I once was. I always tried to be really polite about such things. That...really seems to have been ingrained in people I've known for a long time. So whenever I do go "out of character", it's apparently a big todo of sorts, and I just don't bother talking about such things naturally now lol

So... internally, not a prude. Externally, still a prude.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Honestly, I don't get the big deal about sex. People hype it up like it's this big thing when really it isn't. I also don't understand why it's regarded as so taboo, but then maybe that's just me.

I'm pretty open when asked about my sex life, and i'm of the belief that if two people feel ready for it then they should just go for it. I guess i'm no prude, then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't mind talking about sex in general, but I would never actually talk about my own personal sex life with anyone but who it's involved with. There isn't a sex life to talk about though, haha. I do dislike when people are really immature about how they speak about their sex lives. Something like, "yeah man I boned this chick so hard the other night and (insert explicit sex lines here)." That's just...gross and distasteful, I think. If you're going to talk about your sex life, don't be that guy or girl. Be mature. Be classy. Respect who your business was with as well. I'm not really interested in sex and the only person I'm sexually attracted to is my boyfriend. I've never gotten the big deal about sex and the idea of having sex with a stranger is strange to me. I don't see the appeal.

I'm not a prude, but I really don't care much about sex. I probably sound like a prude to others though, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Anyone uncomfortable talking about sex, to me, is a prude. You aren't a prude to me if you'd rather not talk about sex. But if you become visibly uncomfortable when you're hanging out with people when the topic of sex comes up, you're a prude. You can not like talking about sex, avoid talking about it, and so on and so forth and I wouldn't consider you a prude. Its only if you get uncomfortable.

I don't know if I consider myself to be a prude or not. There are some people here who know that I talk about sex pretty often, because I talk about sex with them a lot. And I'm not particularly close to some of them. But there's also a lot of cases where the topic of sex comes up when I'm talking to someone and I just shut done and nope my way right out of the conversation.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead say that I take a prude to be anyone who is uncomfortable talking about sex. And if applying that to myself, I would sort of consider myself a prude. I actually don't mind hearing other people talking about sex, for the most part, but I get really embarrassed if I'm forced to talk about my own experiences.

Back