• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an atheist?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • I'm an atheist, mainly because I don't really believe in any religion. If there is a god, I'm sure he has better things to control and care about than checking whether you have attended Church last Sunday, or making sure you don't eat pork for whatever reason. Not to mention that most of the rules from said religions are man-made, thus nullifying any "sacred" origin.

Is there a god? I don't know, nor care, and if there is, I'd rather worry about my current life, so it's as enjoyable, happy and useful for me and for the world as possible than caring about an afterlife than might not even exist.

Plus, fun question: all the religions (except buddhism) say that, if you don't follow them, you are going to hell. Since you can't believe in all religions at once, you are going to go to every else's hell. So yeah XD

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • To all those who said this will end up being closed due to arguments:
    It's a yes or no question, it's not a debate. Just answer and move on.

As for myself, I have faith in the Christianity religion. I believe in Jesus, God, Heaven, Hell, and everything having to do with Christianity. I don't go to church often, but, the way I see it, you don't need a priest to tell you about the Bible and things. I think if you believe in Jesus and have a wanting to do good, you'll be going to Heaven (please don't say I'm wrong just because I'm Christian, this is the belief for my religion and possibly not yours. K? K.). No one is better than anyone else, and I believe that applies to level of faith as well. Whether you go to a brick building and have someone tell you about the Bible and/or have statues/etc of Jesus/etc around your house doesn't make you any more a believer than you already are.

Also, anyone who is non-christian has no right to tell me I'm wrong because they are of a different faith. Remember that. Fine, call that hypocritical, but I didn't say any other religion is wrong or right. I didn't even say mine was right, I just stated what I believed.

Years
  • I am an athiest, but I also follow a religion.

I don't believe in any for of deities, it doesn't make any kind of logical sense to me. Not trying to be rude, but God has always seemed like the adult Santa Claus to me. I went to two Christian schools and I listen to the bible stories the same way I listened to other stories. They were interesting, but not real.
    I don't know.. giant invisible man living in the sky just didn't strike me as very realistic.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Someone is playing chess with us where we are the pieces. Now you can call it 'God' if you want to. All I think is that we are not the highest form of life. Yay sci-fi!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'm atheist. I believe in souls and spirits but I think that were bound to the Earth after we die. No paradise, no hell (I guess you consider Earth both though).

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I fully believe in my lord Jesus Christ.
    Wouldn't you rather live your life like there is a God and then die finding out there is not (you still live a good life) than living like there isn't only to find out there is a God (then you go to Hell anyway)

Years
  • I'm a Christmas-and-Easter atheist. Over 95% of the time it's something I never think about. It defines only the tiniest part of who I am.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • I'm atheist, yup. However I do acknowledge we'll never surely know if there's a god unless he shows himself to us. Perhaps stating there's a god is the same than saying that the air has emotions. Can you prove it wrong? No, but you can se it's just a stupid thing to believe in.
    People chose to believe in a god because life may be easier if one thinks he was made by someone with a purpose, or he'll have an afterlife, anything like that. God is an effect of people's needs, and that's why it is manifested differently by different cultures and peoples.
    I can spend the day typing, but won't ever be able to say half as what Mark Ryden says with a canvas

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I belive in God. I believe in Jesus. I believe.
    These threads could quickly lead to arguments...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I'd describe myself as more of an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in a god and think the chances are low that he (or she) exists, but I accept that it's completely impossible to completely rule out the existence of any omnipotent being.

Ayselipera

I'd describe myself as more of an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in a god and think the chances are low that he (or she) exists, but I accept that it's completely impossible to completely rule out the existence of any omnipotent being.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Wouldn't you rather live your life like there is a God and then die finding out there is not (you still live a good life) than living like there isn't only to find out there is a God (then you go to Hell anyway)

Oh, that silly Pascal, thinking that it is a 50/50 chance. That argument brings logic to its knees.

I'm an agnostic atheist(as in, I don't believe that a god exists, not I don't know, that is gnostic atheist), and quite frankly, I was never taught that it should be what I believe. The symbolism mixed with the real history just confuses everyone into what to believe.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I was talking to my friend on this subject, and he said it takes MORE faith to me an athiest. To belive that the world happened by chance, and belive in stastics and to say to your self there is no god. and that there will never be a god, takes more faith then just saying I belive in go. If you say i belive in god and in his mysteys ways then you can basicaly chalk up anything you dont know/understand as god's works.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • I'm atheist. I believe in souls and spirits but I think that were bound to the Earth after we die. No paradise, no hell (I guess you consider Earth both though).

He has a good point I believe in that too now I don't know if I do believe in god and I'm confused and should think about this more. But we will all find the true anwser when we die.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I was talking to my friend on this subject, and he said it takes MORE faith to me an athiest. To belive that the world happened by chance, and belive in stastics and to say to your self there is no god. and that there will never be a god, takes more faith then just saying I belive in go. If you say i belive in god and in his mysteys ways then you can basicaly chalk up anything you dont know/understand as god's works.

This is why debates start. Someone says something profoundly stupid and it just snowballs into a flame war.

For one, just because you don't know something doesn't mean that you should make an excuse. Another flawed thing your friend said(hopefully it isn't one of those stories where you are replacing yourself with the friend) is that it takes more faith to not believe in a religion, knowing the plethora of them. That boggles the mind on the level of stupidity. Scientific studies show a very probable way that the Earth may have been formed.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I'm agnostic. I believe in god, yes. But I don't believe in the same god everyone else does. My understanding with religion is limited since I don't understand the kind of god other people see. I follow my own beliefs and not what other people tell me.

I'm not really sure if that's being agnostic or not but... yeah.

Back