• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an atheist?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • That would surely depend entirely on the girl in question. There are (shock and awe) female atheists and surely you could make a case that she would prefer an atheist boyfriend to a religious one.
    Not to mention that choosing a religion so you can "get the chicks" is offensive both to the religion and to women in general. Of course, it makes for a great troll.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Not to mention that choosing a religion so you can "get the chicks" is offensive both to the religion and to women in general. Of course, it makes for a great troll.

I do not want to follow a religion to impress members of the opposite gender, but I want to imitate the religion of my role models. So what is Ash Ketchum's religion? I am too dumb to think for myself as I find it easier to imitate people. I do not want to think about the morality, epistemology ,evidence, and other philosophical issues about religion; maybe Ash thought this through.

Last edited:

Lickitung2009

Lickylicky ftw! Lickitung ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    I don't really ever go to church, and I don't really beleive in god so i guess i'm an atheist. but i don't think being one would lower your chance of being with a girl, but it really depends on the girl.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • The below is just my opinion; I mean no offense to anyone else or to their values.

I wouldn't say I'm an atheist. Over the past year I've come to the conclusion that religion is merely traditions and values people follow to understand the world and how it works, and I just think I don't need to believe in something or live my life a certain way to understand the world. But I'm also not going to say that none of the former is true/false/impossible since I just can't know for sure. I just choose not to bother myself with religious affairs.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • Uh, I guess a general Christian, Myownism.

Oh, yeah and keep up the immature passing shots, people, makes me proud to consider myself a human being... >.<

Noone can just say "I'm Catholic/Agnostic/Atheist/Whatever."

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I'm not an atheist, although I was pretty much one in 11th and 12th grade.

It wasn't me, though, and I became kind of a jerk about it. I told one girl in band class that she was living a lie because she was a Christian. lol. She was being annoying to me, though. She always made a big deal about it and always had to tell me that "Jesus loves me." everyday. Still what I said was uncalled for.

Still I don't go to church, and I have my own beliefs. I never want to be seen as one of those Christians that hates on the LGBT community, because really I do not believe that they are right at all... Plus when they do that it just shows me what kind of people they are, to find a few random verses in an ancient book to hate on people.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    I've practiced Buddhism for the past four years or so now, and it's gotten me through alot, including a heroin addiction. And reason being is it is a religion not about traditions or faith, but about training ones mind and living a moral life. Most Eastern religions follow a similar vein and make waaaay more sense to me than Western ones, especially what many people have turned Western religion into, especially Christianity. It's sad to see so many people take a religion that was once beautiful and turn it into some hate-fest filled with nonsensical codes of conduct. And no I'm not trying to say Christianity is nonsensical, but the way a mass majority of people interpret it is. Or maybe they just use it as an excuse, I'm not really sure.

But anyway, in Eastern thought, Buddhism especially, it's about taking the teachings and trying them out for ones self to find the validity in them. That's what really turned me onto the whole thing.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • I'm atheist yes. I wasn't always though. Years ago I believed that there was some kinda of God, and slowly I stopped believing, because nothing ever went well for me, even though I asked for help. I just couldn't believe anymore. And I always listed myself as agnostic, because I had no clue what to believe.

About two years ago, I finally listed myself as Atheist, because I truly don't believe in anything and I really don't want to tbh.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The situation I had described was an idealised one wherein there was conclusive proof of God's existence revealed to everyone. I know there are people who would choose not to abandon the tenets of their faith - see Shouty McCapsLock below me - but it was a completely hypothetical statement. Really, people are taking the tiniest little piece of information from what I was saying and blowing it well out of proportion.

Feh, I understand that was an idealized circumstance. I simply don't like absolutes, and I was making a point which, at it's core, was meant to be unrelated to your post. Notice it was actually directed at everyone. That was a while ago anyhow. One of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Poor Shouty McCapsLock...

Years
  • Oh wow... that's a lot of arguments!
    well, I"m not aetheist. I'm Chrisitian. But, i'm not gonna go around knocking people over the head with the Bible just 'cause they dont' share my beliefs.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I am a Christian. I have been nearly my entire life. As are my parents, who sent me to religious private schools since I was a kid (Christian schools are a BIG thing in my denomination). I still follow the faith I grew up and attend church quite regularly, as well as pray and read the Bible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2010
    Yes, I am an Atheist.
    I don't personally care about religion, I just choose to ignore it.

Iron Maiden

Am I Evil?
    Years
  • Im an atheist. I dont believe in any God or higher being, ive never been to church and there are a lot of aspects of organised religion that i dont agree with, but wont go into that here.

Of course i respect other peoples right to a religion, just provided that they in turn respect others right not to have one.

Years
  • Well, I think I'd personally consider myself an atheist, in the tense that I don't follow any sort of religious dogma.

However, I do hold a belief that there may be some sort of external force that could have ignited the spark that is life: I mean, there are so many things and creatures that just cam BAM! right the heck outta nowhere, so much so that I doubt it was just happenstance and straight-up natural evolution.

Sometimes I wonder if we're not just a science experiment of some alien race. If one thinks about it, it could be feasible... For example, whenever we govern an ecosystem of small creatures of sourts, say an antfarm, the creatures are barely sentient enough to even know that we humans are even there. Who is to say that we are fully aware of what is governing us? How do we know there isn't some strange alien presence watching over us?

This, for all intents and purposes, could BE a god or deity of sourts. People can interpret it whatever way they wish, and I rightfully respect their opinion.

My problem with religion, though, is that some people use it to control the lives of other people. For example, there are still some who discriminate against homosexuals and other 'deviants' simply because 'God' forbids it. How are we to know what 'God' forbids and permits? Do we present rules for the ants in our antfarm, or do we just watch them in wonderment for what they are, fascinated at their society and function?

Ahh, enough of my blathering; I felt it necessary to reflect upon my own beliefs and such, for this post was intended to incite thought in its readers, not argument. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    If I ever count myself as an atheist that severely reduces my chances of getting with any girl.

With that in mind, I don't think I'll be chasing atheism, thank you very much.
    And the award for the most unbelievably nonsensical comment of the DECADE goes to...YOU!

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I was baptised a Christian.
    However I don't get much of it. I have my own choice and I don't believe in God or anything.
    But that's just what I think.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • i am not an athesist, i believe in god,satan and jesus i believe in it all im a christian really

Back