• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Are you for or against gay marriage? Why?

I'm fine with it. I've got no right to tell someone they can't marry anyone they want, it's their sexual orientation and I have to respect that. I don't care if the bible, or the law or whatnot defines marriage as the bond between a man and a woman, because due to our discovery that people have sexual orientations, whether you're heterosexual, bi-sexual, or homosexual, it probably should be changed to "the bond between two human beings."

So, what are your views on gay marriage?

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Dude, I just don't care..I mean literally, don't care...

If two people love eachother, I won't judge them, as I have no right to be telling people what they should do with their lives. I mean, I'm not gay, and I don't understand it, but it doesn't bother me.

So I just said "Undecided"

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I really see no problem with gay marriage, heck, it;s thier decission if they want to marry, then let them.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm for because it doesn't matter what sex you are either being male and female, or male and male or female and female. AS long as you love each other thats all that matters

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Train Heartnet

nearing hoen..finally ^_^
    Years
  • well, i said undecided, cause gay marriage doesn't make any sense to me, but well, as the others have said already, it's their decision, if they want to, then let them! i don't have any right to interfere...so undecided is the one i checked...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I'm personally for it, however "marriage" can only be performed in a Church, and Churches are private institutions funded by the community, so in a sense the Church does have some right to say who can and can't be married in their Church.

Although, Churches don't get taxed at all (not even land tax), and this is a political debate, so I say if the Church wants to have a say in politics, tax them! Let them pay the entrance fee like everyone else.

Besides that... how could you be against it? There are people no only against gay marriage, but gay civil union too (ie, many of those same Churches and devout fundamentalists)! An event that takes place in a court of law, something meant to be fair and unbiased. Being a science guy myself, and an atheist, I don't understand (I mean, I literally can not comprehend) how someone could be against two people falling in love, no matter what the circumstances.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am for gay marriage. See, if two people of the same sex love each other they should get married. And they should be treated like if a man and woman get married. Like get all those benefits. But it is hard. I don't judge them at all.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • For it. As long as it's between consenting adults then people are allowed to fall in love with and marry anyone they please as far as I'm concerned. Amen to what Richard Steel said; forbidding things within your own church is one thing (Although I agree that they should forfeit the free benefits they leech from society if they chose to do so) but interfering with the personal lives of people who don't care about getting the church's consent is just inexcusable. I find it rather ironic that people who claim to promote tolerance can be so biggotted, but then again; I've never really understood religion either.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I'm for gay marriages, as long as it's the government doing the marriages and not necessarily by the church. The church should be allowed to decide if they allow it or not by themselves.

I'm personally against it (greatly) since I'm one of those old, conservative Christian prick, but I like to keep government separate from religion.

(as for the tolerance thing, I'm not going to even go to explain that in a forum XD; But let's say, we're tolerant by being intolerant, and that will not make sense to non-believers at all I'm sure =x)

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
  • Gay ish affects me no more than the sight of my two male dogs trying to hump each other. What do I do about it? Nothing, just let them go on and be about their business. Why should I care if two random men on the other side of the planet are tongue wrestling, or sticking poles in each other's golf holes, or massaging each other's potato sacks? I'm not comfortable watching that sort of thing, but it's all good. I have the right to prefer melons, and I do, but I'm not going to tell someone else they can't enjoy bananas.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • As Richard Steel said, marriage has always been sacrosanct and it's rather difficult to change that. If this weren't true, I would be all for gay marriage, but until then, I would just suggest such equality in legal terms, for example a civil union. Given the choice I would allow gay marriage, but ultimately I believe such a term is reserved as far as the individual community is concerned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back