• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ^ Not everyone would make fun of someone who had two dads or two moms. Plus, they would understand eventually why they do have that set of parents.

I am for gay marriage, I think you should be able to marry who you love and care for. I mean it's love, and there's nothing wrong with that.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I voted against because I don't like what it's making marriage come to mean... feels like trivialfication... however I would in actuality advise it to a couple of the same sex for the sake of whatever benefits legal marriage brings to them. It's still a worthy goal for gay people, so I'm 'for' it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I am in favor of allowing gay marriages. It disgusts me that people accuse it of diluting the concept of marriage as if it weren't already under attack by skyrocketing divorce rates and retarded celebrities doing it for fun.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • For it. Seriously, the marriage of the same sex doesn't affect your marriage so why mess theirs up if they really feel strongly for each other. Besides they should bann divorce [Quote: Wanda] Once your in you can't get out. It may cause more death rates but hey.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I am in favor of allowing gay marriages. It disgusts me that people accuse it of diluting the concept of marriage as if it weren't already under attack by skyrocketing divorce rates and retarded celebrities doing it for fun.
    lol That was a very funny point XDD;

You shouldn't say it like divorce rates, retarded celebrities (I don't think they're necessarily retarded, they might be doing it for populairity & money), and gays getting married are the same issues, though. :P

The two points you mentioned are scorned because of infidelity & unhappiness, but that's totally not what anti gay marriage is about.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • WOW this thred is popular. Well, seeing as how I don't care cause I'm well straight, I put undecided. As long as they stay away from me, they can do whatever it is that they do.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am strongly support gay marriage. I believe that you should marry whoever the heck you want! It's your decision. Besides, loves goes way past gender... It's the personality of the person that matters.

And I am not exactly the straightest person in the world so yeah X3;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I support it 100%. I can understand why churches would be very reluctant to sanctify it officially under their religion, but I see no reason for any decent government to withhold a marriage license for a same-sex couple. They should have the same rights as heterosexual couples, I believe.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • I think I should clarify myself here.

I think the government should not deny a licence of any sort to couples just because they're gay. However, just to settle with institutions such as the church, marriage shouldn't even be a legal term.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I'm okay with gay marriage. And like what most people said, if they love eachother then there is no problem.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Meh...the word 'marriage' is suggestive of the religious sacrament. No valid religion in the world would allow a same-sex marriage. The term that people should be debating with is 'civil union', which is suggestive of a legal binding without any ceremony. Gay people can get as many civil unions as they want. I don't really care.

This does beg the question though...why would people get married anymore? Society is so flakked up that marriage is meaningless nowadays. What's the point of being married when the divorce rate is astronomical and the average person has more than 10 sexual partners in their lifetime?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I am for gay marriage, that's all there really is to say for me. I don't really care about it actually. For me it's more like, "Let them do whatever the hell they want".

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Against gay marriage for males
    For females :D thats another question lol

I'm sorry but that was extremely chauvinistic =\ You should support both genders; not just females because you think yuri is hot. Whatever, I am not trying to argue. That is just my opinion.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Against gay marriage for males
    For females :D thats another question lol
    Aye, you just said my point!

In the end, who cares about the whole argument behind gender equality when you can stare at two girls getting married/kissing/*YAY*?

...I'm not sure if I am being sarcastic here.

But hey, it's a 17 year-old male thing.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm against it. Don't really know why and don't really care... I don't really think humans should be that free and be able to marry whoever you want. There should be some easy rules to follow. Otherwise in the next few years, my dog is gonna be married to a human and that'll make me sad. D8

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back