• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Then if marriage is usually a straight persons business, stay out of it.
    I don't wanna know what you do personally, because that's your business. >.>;;

excuse me, how dare u tell me to stay out of marriage and leave it to the straight people. if i love someone i will marry him and u can not jus tell me to stay out of it. why dont u stay out of the our business to get equal rights. and if u dont care wut i do wit my body why did u even bring it up?!

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Calm down, it's not like these views are to get you upset. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel a little frustrated. >.>

But do you get my point?

Xairmo

Years
    Calm down, it's not like these views are to get you upset. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel a little frustrated. >.>

But do you get my point?

yea i got ur point ur against me and dont want me to be able to get married, at least thats the message im gettin from you. but geez, saying "stay out of it cuz its straight people business" is takin it a lil to far

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Then if marriage is usually a straight persons business, stay out of it.
    I don't wanna know what you do personally, because that's your business. >.>;;

But WHY? Cultural standards have been reformed over and over again since the dawn of civilization. Don't tell me it's perfect NOW. Gay rights are absolutely comparable to the advocation of rights by all kinds of groups throughout history. I don't suppose you have a problem with interracial marriage? Because a lot of people did about half a century ago, I can tell you that.

Xairmo

Years
    i just have one word for you all...AMENDMENTS! they were created for a reason

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    yea i got ur point ur against me and dont want me to be able to get married, at least thats the message im gettin from you. but geez, saying "stay out of it cuz its straight people business" is takin it a lil to far

Woooooooooooow.

I think that gettin' married is mainly for a Male and a Female. I mean... Without having to be hypocrite, I have to respect you guys and all that but sinserly, I strongly think that gettin' married is a bit too far. And your only 15 years old, so you never know if your going to have a marriage. ^^

Xairmo

Years
    Woooooooooooow.

I think that gettin' married is mainly for a Male and a Female. I mean... Without having to be hypocrite, I have to respect you guys and all that but sinserly, I strongly think that gettin' married is a bit too far. And your only 15 years old, so you never know if your going to have a marriage. ^^

wut do u mean marriage is a bit too far for us? i maybe 15 but my goal in life is to find that one man who will truely make me happy. i kno in my heart i'll get married someday

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    wut do u mean marriage is a bit too far for us? i maybe 15 but my goal in life is to find that one man who will truely make me happy. i kno in my heart i'll get married someday

Yeah. That's my opinion though. Marriage = Male + Female for me. Maybe not for you and some other people but that's what a marriage is suppose to be.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I do have to say that this is more of a conflict between straight people that are for it and against it.

I'd really love to see what the polls would look like if gays didn't have any say in it. Would it look the same? Or be different? Who knows.

Xairmo

Years
    Yeah. That's my opinion though. Marriage = Male + Female for me. Maybe not for you and some other people but that's what a marriage is suppose to be.

for me marriage is just a bond between any two people who love eachother

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I do have to say that this is more of a conflict between straight people that are for it and against it.

I'd really love to see what the polls would look like if gays didn't have any say in it. Would it look the same? Or be different? Who knows.

Probably somewhat near the same.

We are a minority after all. And besides, I think most straight people are rational enough to want equal rights for everyone.

Forgive me for I'm still trying to grasp the deal.

If gays got married, how would that have any effect on you, or your marriage at all?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I think the main problem is the religious aspect. More than a few religions started out saying that being gay is a sin. And this idea has passed down with the generations for years. Many people grew up thinking that homosexuality was wrong as a result.

To make a reasonable comparison, African Americans were not seen as equals according to the law for quite some time. And once they passed that barrier, many of those older white people maintained their beliefs. Today, I'd think most of you would say that we're all equal regardless of race, eh? Well, that's because we've had 50+ years of our elders telling us so.

So, basically, in the year 2050, I'd bet that this won't even be a problem, and kids will be learning about how hard a time homosexuals had to get the right to marry. History does tend to repeat itself, after all.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    Do people who don't believe in gay marriage really have the right to deny happiness to another person just because they are different? No.

Alakazam, that was well said.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    for me marriage is just a bond between any two people who love eachother

For me, marriage is just a bond between two opposite sexes who eventually grow old and fat together.

Pretty much in my opinion of this thread, I'm not really against gays, I'm against gay marriage. I just can't seem to image the thought of "Bob, do you take the hand of your lovely wedded groom, Henry, to be your husband?"

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    And to me, marriage is a loving realtionship between a man and a woman.

So, lets put it this way:

"Bob" and "Belle" completely HATE eachother.
    When they were kids, they hit eachother.
    When they were teens, they made eachother's lives misrable.
    When they were adults, they threated eachother with knives.

"Dave" and "Steve" or "Suzy" and "Karen" (Witchever you perfer)
    Completly LOVE eachother.
    They wouldn't let anything happen to eachother,
    and don't care what anybody says about them, because all they need is eachother.

So...
    "Bob" and "Belle" can get married easily because "Bob" is a man, and "Belle" is a woman,
    But "Dave" and "Steve" or "Suzy" and "Karen" can't get married because they are the same sex.

Wow.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    For me, marriage is just a bond between two opposite sexes who eventually grow old and fat together.

Pretty much in my opinion of this thread, I'm not really against gays, I'm against gay marriage. I just can't seem to image the thought of "Bob, do you take the hand of your lovely wedded groom, Henry, to be your husband?"

lol ur such a badass teen

Also, xXscytherXx, stop avoiding the arguments that completely punch holes in your arguments. How do gays being able to marry infringe on your right to marry? How are you affected at all? If it's a matter of defying your religion then can't you just let them be godless heathen's and move on? Honestly, you aren't going to change their sexual orientation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back