• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you happy with your current position in life right now?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm happy with how life is right now. I'm in my second year of college, maintaining good grades, am in a great relationship with this beautiful girl, have a job that is fairly decent. Granted, there are a few negative things in my life right now, primarily my **** friends. And it can always be better (especially the job pay, but that's still okay). But it can always be worse! I think my only issue right now is wondering where I'm going forward.

Years
    I feel really lucky with my position.
    I have a part time job and live in a loving home, so I'm really thankful.
    I really hope everything improves for you guys! You all deserve happiness!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Eh. Start of a career so I'm not getting payed much, but its something. Definitely not enough for me and my parents though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm at my last year of school and I'm basically stuck in a whirlwind of exams, so after I leave school for college, I'll be much happier. 'Till then, not really although there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Second year of college and doing relatively well grade-wise. I no longer shut myself in as much as I did the past few years, so that's something of a plus as well. I'm pretty contented, I suppose. Not sure about being happy though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm pretty happy with my life at the moment, more so than I expected to be at this stage, and more so than I've been in a while. I like my job and feel like I'm doing something meaningful, and I'm happy with the trajectory my life is on. Like a lot of recent college graduates, what I'm doing now is something of a stepping stone towards my desired career path, and I wouldn't want to be doing the exact same thing in twenty years that I'm doing now, but I'm learning a lot and gaining great experience for the time being.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Hell no. I hate Illinois, I was happy in Missouri but since I moved to this ****** state I've been miserable most of the time. 80% of the people are major *******s down here and beyond ignorant, reminds me of NYC. The way state taxes are here should be illegal, bills are way too high, it costs $1200 for a 3 bed town home where as in Missouri a 3 bed house costs about $900 (tho those that know the difference between a town home and a house you'll know what I'm talking about). This states so corrupt it pisses me off thinking about it, but I guess that's what I get for living in a hardcore liberal state. It's easy for me to make friends but I'd end up in jail for bashing someones face in, it's that bad down here with people. Literally, if you ask someone "what's up", their either going to respond like a prick (85%) of the time or their going to reply like a normal person which is very rare. I'm just waiting for the beginning of next year so I can get out and move back where I belong and act like Illinois never existed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm indifferent to it. I'm not where I would like to be - or where I thought I would be at this age in the past, but I'm neither satisfied with where I am, nor dissatisfied. Mostly coming from a "I want to be living on my own," "I want a nicer car," and "I want a job in web design." A solid relationship would be nice too, but that's not much of a priority in my life right now.

Years
    Hell no. I hate Illinois, I was happy in Missouri but since I moved to this ****** state I've been miserable most of the time. 80% of the people are major *******s down here and beyond ignorant, reminds me of NYC. The way state taxes are here should be illegal, bills are way too high, it costs $1200 for a 3 bed town home where as in Missouri a 3 bed house costs about $900 (tho those that know the difference between a town home and a house you'll know what I'm talking about). This states so corrupt it pisses me off thinking about it, but I guess that's what I get for living in a hardcore liberal state. It's easy for me to make friends but I'd end up in jail for bashing someones face in, it's that bad down here with people. Literally, if you ask someone "what's up", their either going to respond like a prick (85%) of the time or their going to reply like a normal person which is very rare. I'm just waiting for the beginning of next year so I can get out and move back where I belong and act like Illinois never existed.

what the ***** a 3 bedroom townhouse is $1500 in toronto :\

Years
    For the most part, I would say I'm pretty happy with where I am. My grades are all passing, my family's all good, and idk everything else seems right. But not much stuff happens outside of school. Especially since I transferred schools, I've lost contact with some of my friends. And also I want a relationship but it's hard to just muster up the courage to talk to this girl I like. Idk what it is, but I was able to go up to some girls I've liked in the past and just talk about whatever etc. But there always seems to be the select few that I have a hard time talking to.

But, back on topic. I would say I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    what the ***** a 3 bedroom townhouse is $1500 in toronto :\

It's $1200 for the middle class townhomes, if you want nicer ones you're spending $1500-$1700. Don't even get me started on how expensive Chicago is. Out of curiosity I was pricing 1 bed apartments and they vary anywhere from $850-$2000+ a month. They have lower priced ones but you don't wanna live there unless you wanna hear gunshots and witness home invasions all the time. The only "cheap" or semi cheap housing in Chicago is in the hood and gang affiliated areas. The safe areas cost about $1000-$1500 for a 1 bedroom, and that's on the cheap side. A lot of the gang bangers swarm the area I live in to get away from Chicago but they bring their problems with and shoot people and **** on campus. Illinois, especially the northern part is ridiculous with everything. Seriously can't wait til I move out.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's $1200 for the middle class townhomes, if you want nicer ones you're spending $1500-$1700. Don't even get me started on how expensive Chicago is. Out of curiosity I was pricing 1 bed apartments and they vary anywhere from $850-$2000+ a month. They have lower priced ones but you don't wanna live there unless you wanna hear gunshots and witness home invasions all the time. The only "cheap" or semi cheap housing in Chicago is in the hood and gang affiliated areas. The safe areas cost about $1000-$1500 for a 1 bedroom, and that's on the cheap side. A lot of the gang bangers swarm the area I live in to get away from Chicago but they bring their problems with and shoot people and **** on campus. Illinois, especially the northern part is ridiculous with everything. Seriously can't wait til I move out.

Gotta go into the suburbs. I'm 30-45min outside of Chicago, in a non crime-ridden area, and pay $975 (which includes heat, water, and gas, but not electricity). It's expensive, but nowhere near as bad as places like San Francisco where my friend is paying $2000 for a one bedroom apartment. Supply and demand - people want to live near the city so they can work there and be near a hub so it costs more.

Of course, not like I have any real affiliation with the city since I have zero plans on staying here long-term. But it's not that hard to find affordable housing. You're gonna pay as much in any generally desirable area to live, if not more.

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    Yeah I guess so. I have nice school and people in my class are cool. Also most of the people in my dorm are very cool. It just sucks that I live 7 hour drive away from my hometown, where most of my posession still is. ´_´

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I live with my Parents, Got straight A's in school, Game out for the whole day. I don't have a single problem in the world. Not worried about post-school/When I have to get a job because I already got a family job on lock down that pays very well and no experience needed. Life is good.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Gotta go into the suburbs. I'm 30-45min outside of Chicago, in a non crime-ridden area, and pay $975 (which includes heat, water, and gas, but not electricity). It's expensive, but nowhere near as bad as places like San Francisco where my friend is paying $2000 for a one bedroom apartment. Supply and demand - people want to live near the city so they can work there and be near a hub so it costs more.

Where at? I'm in the DeKalb area, it's sorta the outskirt suburbs of Chicago but not close enough to be the metro area, those areas and Chicago are just asinine lol. 1 bed apartments in Dekalb cost roughly $550-$600 for a decent apartment, but they get cheaper when you look around in the tiny towns outside of DeKalb. As I said before the townhomes are $1200 a month for the middle class but that doesn't include any utilities or trash. Depending where you're at it may cost a couple hundred more, the closer you are to Chicago the higher it gets. I used to rent a townhome with 2 other people, it was actually cheaper that way than paying for a 1 bedroom. Rent may be high but electricity is fairly low because of all the energy windmills.

Of course, not like I have any real affiliation with the city since I have zero plans on staying here long-term. But it's not that hard to find affordable housing. You're gonna pay as much in any generally desirable area to live, if not more.

Same, I couldn't live in Chicago. Just like I couldn't live in a lot of areas in Cali and the east coast, the taxes and the money you need to make to live is too much for me. Where I'm originally from in Missouri townhomes cost $850 a month for a 3 bed. My parents used to rent a 4 bedroom house 2,800 sq ft, 2 1/2 car garage with a upper level to it, a sunroom, and 2 1/2 bath for $950, but the electricity bill was massive due to the size of the house but it's still cheaper than anything here, especially if you include the pricing of property taxes. Their little to nothing down there, definitely a lot cheaper than where I'm at now. Min wage may be lower but other than min wage employers usually pay the same or roughly the same.

I make $11.50 at my current job so I make about $315 a week working 3 days, but I also make money recording, mixing, and mastering music so depending on how many people I bring in the studio or how many sends me tracks to mix I can make anywhere from $315-$500 sometimes up to $700ish a week.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Something I've discovered is that it's usually more damaging to sit down and consider whether you're happy with where you are in your life. Generally if you have to sit down and think about it, you're either going to come to terms with the fact that you're not, or convince yourself that you are. For me, at least, if I ever think I need to consider whether or not I like where I am in life, more than likely it means I'm not content.

I find that it's more healthy to consider what your next goals are, and not to measure yourself against the happiness scale. The more you need to consider whether you're happy in the present, rather than seeing what could make you happier in the future; you torment yourself.

That said, I'm happy with where I'm going in life, I'm certainly too young to consider myself peaked.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Where at? I'm in the DeKalb area, it's sorta the outskirt suburbs of Chicago but not close enough to be the metro area, those areas and Chicago are just asinine lol. 1 bed apartments in Dekalb cost roughly $550-$600 for a decent apartment, but they get cheaper when you look around in the tiny towns outside of DeKalb. As I said before the townhomes are $1200 a month for the middle class but that doesn't include any utilities or trash. Depending where you're at it may cost a couple hundred more, the closer you are to Chicago the higher it gets. I used to rent a townhome with 2 other people, it was actually cheaper that way than paying for a 1 bedroom. Rent may be high but electricity is fairly low because of all the energy windmills.

Same, I couldn't live in Chicago. Just like I couldn't live in a lot of areas in Cali and the east coast, the taxes and the money you need to make to live is too much for me. Where I'm originally from in Missouri townhomes cost $850 a month for a 3 bed. My parents used to rent a 4 bedroom house 2,800 sq ft, 2 1/2 car garage with a upper level to it, a sunroom, and 2 1/2 bath for $950, but the electricity bill was massive due to the size of the house but it's still cheaper than anything here, especially if you include the pricing of property taxes. Their little to nothing down there, definitely a lot cheaper than where I'm at now. Min wage may be lower but other than min wage employers usually pay the same or roughly the same.

I make $11.50 at my current job so I make about $315 a week working 3 days, but I also make money recording, mixing, and mastering music so depending on how many people I bring in the studio or how many sends me tracks to mix I can make anywhere from $315-$500 sometimes up to $700ish a week.

I live much closer in, in the Arlington Heights area.

The reason I can't live in Chicago long-term isn't money though, it's just that I can't be that far from a coast for the rest of my life. I plan on ending up San Diego which certainly isn't cheap.

Back