• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    A simple question, please answer it:D,,(My answer) I'm looking forward to the month of December because then I get a vacation from school "because I'm not in elementary school anymore my vacation begins 2 weeks earlier:D", and I look forward to all the Christmas lights:D,, I know some of you think it's corny, but hey I live in Iceland and it's pretty dark here on the winter, so it's cozy to have things lid up with colors:D:D

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I forgot how close Christmas is and then I got this warm, fuzzy feeling. Love the atmosphere of Christmas.
    And Iceland is fantastic btw, I'd love to experience an Icelandic Christmas.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Not in the slightest as it will be the first Christmas I'll have without my mother. But in advanced, I hope everyone's will be splendid.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I'm kind of not, because I'm at that age where you're expected to give your friends and family presents, and I don't have any money or creativity to get them presents. Plus a month ago we sort of estranged ourselves from some of our family... I don't know how that's going to work out... So it will probably be a small Christmas. Probably the smallest I've ever had.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'm kind of not, because I'm at that age where you're expected to give your friends and family presents, and I don't have any money or creativity to get them presents.

This is actually quite fun if you think of it that way. Do some serious brainstorming starting NOW and by Christmas you'll have fantastic gifts for everyone. I promise.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I love Christmas so much, it makes me happy. I just love everything it is and if there's snow outside during Christmas it makes it amazing. The lights and the crisp cold air and the joy going around is just unimaginable. It's my favorite time of year. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, I joined PC on Christmas Eve. That's something I'm not too proud of.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    kinda not looking forward to Christmas because I will need to spend Christmas eve at my boyfriends house and it will be the first time I ever missed Christmas eve at my moms house

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Well you guys are a fun bunch of Grinches..X_x

Haha, sorry, I just adore Christmas time. It's so magical; the feeling, the shopping, the warm cocoa on a snowy morning, everything about it is just awesome. Plus, the approach of December means everyone will be coming home from college for two months and considering I've been bored out of my mind, this is a very good thing XD.

I'm going to work on presents come Thanksgiving time; I think some for particular friends and one for each family member will be good. I'm at the age where it's difficult to shop for, so the gifts make no difference to me :P. I just like the holiday season.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
    Yes and no.

I really could use some extra money, which I know is selfish, but I'm a broke college student and I only get $40 a week. Yeah.

On the other hand though, ugh. My boyfriend and I are total Scrooges. I hate traveling. We'll have to drive 3 hours to be with family and we'll get asked the same questions we get asked every year - "What's new with you? How is school? How is work? How's the weather been?" >.> Family time is just meh. My family is completely insane too (my boyfriend has a hard time with them, poor dear has to try his hardest) so it's really not enjoyable.

I just want to stay home with my Tony and spend Christmas together with our own traditions. I'd like to just light some candles, maybe get a very small fake tree with lights already on it (I really don't care to decorate or clean up pine needles - I spend enough of my free time cleaning as it is) and possibly play some relaxing Christmas music while snuggling in front of a fire (unfortunately, since we moved to our new apartment, we no longer have a fireplace). That's my ideal.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I love Christmas, but I would like to get past Thanksgiving first, lol. :p

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I love Thanksgiving, the turkeys and all. After that, it's Christmas again. That part of the year I'm most certainly looking forward to.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I actually had a weird PC-Christmasy dream a couple of nights ago that I totally forgot about until just now. XD; I was in this large city square type thing, I think it might've been Disney World somehow (I think this is because Aegis recently visited Disney and it was fresh on my mind @_@), and there were multiple stories in a building behind me, and I think one of them was a cafe called "The Mod Lounge" XD; There was garland and tinsel and frosted windows, but that's really all I remember of it.
    Downtown Disney, awesome place for the Lounge, quite the dream you got there Audy. XD!

I'm a huge fan of Christmas, but just the other day I walked into the grocery store and dear Arceus, already blasting "HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS :DDDDD!" over and over again with Christmas music. Needless to say, I didn't like it THIS early. >_<

I love the vibe of Christmas though, chilly (well, Florida doesn't get very chilly) and log burning smell in the air. (Better mixed with salt air. :D) The closer it comes to Christmas the more I'll warm up to it, but now? Just not in the best mood for it. XD But yeah, love palm trees in lights. XD

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I am not really looking forward to Christmas, because I know what to expect, and all the advertising gets on my mind.

However, I love the presents, and celebrating Jesus, so that is a big plus.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No not really, my family make it a chore every time, my dad just gets grumpy and moans constantly about our broken family and he has his xmas dinner in a basement with the drunken B&B landlord, my mum and brother want to have a secluded christmas away from the rest of the family, my Nan on my dad's side has it on her own because all her sons are abroad and her daughter has cut off from everyone and all my aunts and uncles on my mums side have it with their mum. They are all having their own seperate time together and I have to pick out of 4 who to go with and I hate it; I used to love christmas now it just sucks.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Christmas!? I love Christmas with a passion! No, not just the presents and things; those I could go without. It's just the 'feeling', if you will. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes at my right now, but it's the truth! There's nothing like sitting around the fireplace on Christmas Eve with your family, watching snow fall outside your window. Curling up into a snug little blanket beside the Christmas tree. I just find there's no other time of year like it.

And don't even get me started on the TV Christmas specials. I could watch those for hours XD; (My favorite would have to be that stop-animation Rudolph one) They're, undoubtedly, one of my favorites things about Christmas.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I am looking forward to Christmas and I love Christmas, even though I don't believe on Jesus. For me, it is the part of the year for resting and enjoyment! [Lit the firecrackers! Boom!]

Back