• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you pro-gay or no-gay?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm no-gay I'm pro-gay, but I don't really think about sexuality. I kinda figure that people fall in love without considering genders; you love a person for their personality not for their body.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I don't see how it affects me or anyone who is 'straight' (I hate using the same word for a hetrosexual and someone who's stopped being criminal as I think its where the tern originated). Why should you care if they can get married? Does it stop you? No. What two condisending adults decide to do with their lives is their choice and no one else should make it for them.
    If you are against it because of religous reasons then also remember that its said God gave free will. Therefor it is their own choice and you shouldn't have anything to do with it. So yeah I agree with equal rights for homosexuals, I have a few friends and family who are gay. Only thing is that I get a little uncomftible if they talk about their sex lives. I'm easily made uncomftible when its two hetrosexuals talking about this but for some reason its even worse when its two men/women and I don't want to feel like that I just do.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Am I the only one that thinks there's way too much discussion on this matter?

I'm not gay myself but I have nothing against homosexuals. If they're happy with it, let them be together.

Korsola

エレクトロニック
    Years
  • Am I the only one that thinks there's way too much discussion on this matter?

I'm not gay myself but I have nothing against homosexuals. If they're happy with it, let them be together.

I completely agree.

What someone does with their own life shouldn't concern others if they have no affiliation with them. WHO CARES what gender they prefer? It's not affecting the way you live so let it be. By getting angry over the topic is just making things more heated then it should be. I'd rather see people happy then completely miserable because others want to put restraints on their lives.

Years
  • As a bisexual, I am definitely pro-gay/lez. Gays should be allowed to adopt children, live peacefully, and be able to walk hand in hand down the street without some redneck throwing stuff at them while shouting "******!!".

As for the issue of marriage, I personally believe that marriage should not exist. I don't believe you need to have a ridiculous, costly ritual just so you can spent your life with your partner.

While I believe that reproduction is natural and neccesary, I do not believe that you need to reproduce in order to be "normal". How is being gay and thus not reproducing any different from the thousands of mothers who refuse to have children? Plus, it's perfectly possible to get a gay man to reproduce with a woman.

Also, I'm with Abnegation in the fact that it's impossible to be 100% gay or straight.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    As a bisexual, I am definitely pro-gay/lez. Gays should be allowed to adopt children, live peacefully, and be able to walk hand in hand down the street without some redneck throwing stuff at them while shouting "******!!".

As for the issue of marriage, I personally believe that marriage should not exist. I don't believe you need to have a ridiculous, costly ritual just so you can spent your life with your partner.

While I believe that reproduction is natural and neccesary, I do not believe that you need to reproduce in order to be "normal". How is being gay and thus not reproducing any different from the thousands of mothers who refuse to have children? Plus, it's perfectly possible to get a gay man to reproduce with a woman.

Also, I'm with Abnegation in the fact that it's impossible to be 100% gay or straight.

But just because you do not believe in marriage, it doesn't give you the right to condemn marriage for others.

The law should be:
    All consenting adults should be able to get married.
    All adults also have the right to not get married.

Therefore, all people have the ability to make a choice that affects their own lives without coercing others.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Personally I'm against gays, but I still support for gays to marry, it's there life they should be able to do what they want.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Personally I'm against gays, but I still support for gays to marry, it's there life they should be able to do what they want.

Hmm. Sounds paradoxical.

Is it that you are morally against homosexuality, but even so, you believe that people are legally allowed to commit immoral acts, such as a man marry a man?

I commend the ability to overlook your own personal feelings to support other's freedoms; however, I wonder why you are so "against" homosexuality. Would you consider befriending anyone who is homosexual? What would be you reaction to having a homosexual child? (Not meant to be an inquisition; I am just interested.)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Despite how weird it sounds, pro-gay, despite my religion's opinion. Men (and women) should be free to love whomever they love, ya know?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    Considering two of my cousins are lesbians, I have no issue with them being together, but I really don't like to "see it," you know? Then again, I don't like to see opposite-sex couples.. :P

Honestly, they should be able to get married/adopt children/etc, but people are just so argh and will protest against anything that they deem "outrageous."

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i'm for equal rights because, really, why should the government withhold a certain group's rights to marry the one they love and to start a family with the same "standing" as a heterosexual couple's family? love is love and family is family. it's rather disappointing to see people (mostly people of religion) protest against legalisation of gay marriage and other gay rights even though they would hardly be affected by it.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Honestly, I never saw anything wrong with it. Just like the small issues with love and ages, love and gender doesn't matter to me...love is capable of making you go with whoever you wish to be.

Years
  • It's honestly kind of sad that there are still people out there that have problems with same-sex relationships. I've always figured that if any two people wanted to get married, they should have the same legal rights that any other married couple has.

And while I wouldn't neccessarily identify myself as "pro-gay," I agree with what Went said and I suppose I would call myself "pro-human rights." If a person is a contributing member to society, they should be treated the exact same as everyone else, regardless of status, race, sexuality, etc.

Back