• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Argh! Why was I so stupid?

Years
    It's pretty much guaranteed that you're going to make mistakes, and most of them when you're young. But sometimes, the mistakes you made back then can make you look back and say "WTF WAS I THINKING?!"

Note: Do not attempt to drink bleach. Ever.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My stupidity usually occurs when I drop something on my foot or when I hit something without seeing it. Not to self: watch where you're going.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Grades 1-8. I knew I was smart, but I had not yet realized my true potential, and I actually wasted time with my idiotic classmates.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Grades 1-8. I knew I was smart, but I had not yet realized my true potential, and I actually wasted time with my idiotic classmates.

I'd rethink saying things like that, dude. I'm sure you're incredibly smart and have tons of potential, but if you go through high school thinking you're better than everybody else, the idiotic classmates will make your life hell. Then you'll be posting here in this thread in 4 years time talking about it :P

For me, most of those moments come right after I've spoken to someone. If I've said something stupid, or misjudged what someone was saying and awkwarded up the conversation, then I let it replay in my head for months lol

Years
    I once put down a purse with my mom's car keys and my wallet on the beach, very close to the waves. We never found that purse. :( I was young, yes, but how could I be that stupid?? The only good news is that I learn from my mistakes! ...usually.

Granted, it feels like I do a lot of stupid stuff; I just don't like admitting it. I hate thinking about my embarrassments. It just makes me feel even worse. >_<

Years
    I've done some pretty stupid things. First one that comes to mind is what my OH now refers to as the "Great Potato Disaster of 2009"... I forgot about the potatoes I was boiling, the water ran out and when I eventually realised I paniced and put the very, very, very hot saucepan on a very expensive PLASTIC chopping board. >.<

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I'd rethink saying things like that, dude. I'm sure you're incredibly smart and have tons of potential, but if you go through high school thinking you're better than everybody else, the idiotic classmates will make your life hell. Then you'll be posting here in this thread in 4 years time talking about it :P
    This is not true in my case. My current classmates (9th grade) are mostly the same ones I had since the first grade. They accepted my superiority when I started correcting the teachers last year. Plus I have 3 years experience of kickboxing, and there are no bullies in our school anymore (We got rid of them by force). There is a highschool in the same building as our middle school, and the vast majority of us is going there next year, so the student structure won't really change. Plus, I don't take crap from anyone. If anybody tried to "make my life hell", they would be instantly reported to the police and a lawsuit would be filed.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    There are lots of times i'll make an idiotic mistake or say something stupid or embarassing and then brood over it for years.

A recent one, I decided playing Minecraft and Portal 2 was more important than studying for the SAT. I just took my SAT on Saturday, after only having studied around 30 minutes. I guess we'll see how I did when I get the results :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I guess the stupidest thing I've done was actually waste my time caring for people who don't care about me. I know it sounds dumb, but it impacted me a lot :/

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    In year 7 I was in maths and this kid threw a rubber, and it hit the teacher. I squealed on him, and ruined my social standing for the rest of my school life. Its taken three years to finally get my reputation back on track (for the most part anyways).

I just think to myself now, why on earth would I have done such a stupid thing?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Oh man, as soon as I saw this thread I just knew that you would twist it into something like that. Literally I saw the thread name and thought "I bet ShinyMeowth is going to post in here about how he's better than everyone he's ever met". Kind of like those "what's your greatest weakness" questions in interviews, you're one of the people that instead of being honest tries to make it into something such as "my greatest weakness is that I work too hard" or "my greatest weakness is that I'm too passionate about jobs", aren't you? Lmao.

On topic, I've done plenty of dumb things in my life. I've made friends with people that turned out to be horrible for me, I've lazily skipped out on things that cause me to miss out on things that I regret, etc. The first instances that comes to mind is from sixth grade though. Somehow my friend convinced me that because her family was looking at a certain house to buy, it was alright for us to pretty much break in and explore. At the time, this made perfect sense. We climbed up to the roof, and just because we could and we didn't understand what we were doing, started pulling roof tiles off and dropping them on the pavement. Then someone start screaming that they were going to call the police and we ran like crazy through the woods. >_>

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    The stupidest thing I've ever done was not look after my teeth when I was a kid. I've had to go to the dentist quite a bit and recently, the past year, had a small repairing of my teeth.

They are quite good now to be fair but I wish I didn't eat so much **** and cleaned my teeth regularly when I was a kid

Like I say, some things in life you have to learn the hard way, and that lesson I learned the hard was to look after my teeth. Which I do now by the way ;)

Last edited:

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years

Oh man, as soon as I saw this thread I just knew that you would twist it into something like that. Literally I saw the thread name and thought "I bet ShinyMeowth is going to post in here about how he's better than everyone he's ever met". Kind of like those "what's your greatest weakness" questions in interviews, you're one of the people that instead of being honest tries to make it into something such as "my greatest weakness is that I work too hard" or "my greatest weakness is that I'm too passionate about jobs", aren't you? Lmao.
    Glad that my reputation precedes me ;D (Though you are inaccurate, I would say that my greatest weakness is being human, but still pretty close)

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    This is not true in my case. My current classmates (9th grade) are mostly the same ones I had since the first grade. They accepted my superiority when I started correcting the teachers last year. Plus I have 3 years experience of kickboxing, and there are no bullies in our school anymore (We got rid of them by force). There is a highschool in the same building as our middle school, and the vast majority of us is going there next year, so the student structure won't really change. Plus, I don't take crap from anyone. If anybody tried to "make my life hell", they would be instantly reported to the police and a lawsuit would be filed.

Buddy, you're never getting laid.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years

I am cackling because I have never read anything so true on the internet before.

But you can't say these kind of things on here! So be careful in the future. Thanks!

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I am cackling because I have never read anything so true on the internet before.

But you can't say these kind of things on here! So be careful in the future. Thanks!

Figured I was toeing the line but someone had to say it. Warning acknowledged

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Every day.

My memory is way too good, so I remember pretty much every bad thing that happens... which is really annoying, but I know for sure I'll never repeat those same mistakes, so I can live with it.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'd like to think I'm less of an idiot than I was at say, 16 (or 20 for that matter). Most of the dumbest things I've done in my life I can chalk up to acting on impulses when I shouldn't or even over-analyzing a situation in such a frenzy that I lose all touch with logic and make a big mistake. I'm also emotionally driven and thus quite prone to bouts of irrationality, and I listen to my heart more than my head at times.

I used to dwell on mistakes a lot more, too (even petty ones). I have very high standards and so I used to be pretty hard on myself if I show less than what I know I'm capable of in terms of intelligence. I still do if it's around someone I really need to impress. I know I'm human and am totally fine with being an idiot from time to time, though. It's how we learn. Being perfect would be so boring - not to mention lonely.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Thanks for the advice, but I do not care about meaningless intercourse. I am going to reserve intercourse until marriage anyway, and I am not going to marry any woman without my traits (Higher intelligence, Interest in Pokemon and mathematics, good taste in Music (classical), etc).

Years
    Thanks for the advice, but I do not care about meaningless intercourse. I am going to reserve intercourse until marriage anyway, and I am not going to marry any woman without my traits (Higher intelligence, Interest in Pokemon and mathematics, good taste in Music (classical), etc).

I am sure some computer reality programs will accommodate that in the future.

I can't really remember really stupid things I have done, I guess being an ass to a friend when he didn't deserve it would be the top of my list.But that has been changed now! :3​

Back