• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Argh! Why was I so stupid?

groteske

lurker
Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Thanks for the advice, but I do not care about meaningless intercourse. I am going to reserve intercourse until marriage anyway, and I am not going to marry any woman without my traits (Higher intelligence, Interest in Pokemon and mathematics, good taste in Music (classical), etc).

called it

That's how I felt, too, when I was around your age. You'll have a hard time finding a woman who wants to be with Herr Serious for the long run - it's a nice ideal, but the slightly 'off' ones are just more interesting. But I digress, got a feeling it's bouncing off a brick wall anyway. Best of luck mate

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't usually do stupid things but every so often, once every few months, I wake up the following morning, think back to the day previously and wonder, 'what the hell did I do?' I don't mind; if you don't make mistakes, you'll never learn.

Grades 1-8. I knew I was smart, but I had not yet realized my true potential, and I actually wasted time with my idiotic classmates.

What age are you in Grades 1-8? Your profile says you're fourteen so I'm gonna take a gander and say that you haven't met any life-altering stages in your life just yet, which means you've got plenty of time left to redeem yourself and unleash your true potential. On top of that, having friends =/= being successful. Take it from me - I'm a genius. Not trying to show off; just stating facts. And sadly, I realised this as young as ten? But it only really set in when I hit secondary school (which was when I was around thirteen). I ended up alienating everyone which proceeded with everyone hating me, which proceeded with me becoming mentally unfit, which was followed by an addiction to escapism in the form of the Internet.

Now I'm sixteen, last year I had a huge set of state exams and I did well in them. Maybe not my true potential but as well as I needed to do. I've redeemed myself; I go out nearly every night; I have a great group of friends I can count on and I regularly get the birds. Try it. I know a bunch of robots who've been getting straight A's since day one but they don't have any friends. It. Is. Not. Worth. It. Go out, have fun, you're fourteen and by default, you don't have a clue about a life. But you're a person and I've never talked to you before - go out, have fun, get friends. Study in your spare time but goddamn kid, stop the elitism. Nobody likes an elitist.

This is not true in my case. My current classmates (9th grade) are mostly the same ones I had since the first grade. They accepted my superiority when I started correcting the teachers last year.

Kids your age usually can't think for themselves. When I was you're age and I was correcting my teachers' grammar/mathematical mistakes, people laughed at me and groaned. Nobody likes someone who tries too hard.

Plus, I don't take crap from anyone. If anybody tried to "make my life hell", they would be instantly reported to the police and a lawsuit would be filed.

Rule one of life: learn to fight your own battles.

Glad that my reputation precedes me ;D (Though you are inaccurate, I would say that my greatest weakness is being human, but still pretty close)

Hahahahaha oh my god you are such a pseudo-intellectual. Seriously, your greatest weakness is 'being human'??? Something you have NO CONTROL OVER, something that looks like you're begging someone to step in and say, 'no, you're a great guy,'... something that says you're a lot more insecure about yourself than you let on (it's obvious by your constant self-validation, however).

Thanks for the advice, but I do not care about meaningless intercourse. I am going to reserve intercourse until marriage anyway, and I am not going to marry any woman without my traits (Higher intelligence, Interest in Pokemon and mathematics, good taste in Music (classical), etc).

Twenty-first century - woman who ticks all those boxes... nope. Also I dunno maybe you're serious but reserving intercourse until marriage (especially when said online) is usually a cop-out for just being socially awkward and if your posts in this thread are anything to go by...

Hahahahahahahahaha oh man. My ego's a gimmick; yours makes me want to hit you in the face.

And to post all of this in a thread in which the OP states 'It's pretty much guaranteed that you're going to make mistakes, and most of them when you're young. But sometimes, the mistakes you made back then can make you look back and say "WTF WAS I THINKING?!"' is nothing short of beautiful. Bravo.

Listen, I have a massive headache and usually I'd leave a disclaimer when posting stuff like this saying, 'maybe it's just put me in a bad mood,' but... nope. If you were in any way as intelligent and better than the average joe as you claim you are, you wouldn't write those things. But hey, welcome to 90% of PC, using the community as a route of escape into delusions. You're... probably not intelligent. Being smart =/= being intelligent. Being intelligent is someone who's clever; who can manage a social and academic life; who can post in a thread without making someone want to punch him in the face.

You're fourteen; you're either going to ignore me or reply with some ridiculous deflections and projections and I'm not going to concede to you on any matter. I don't know you. I've barely ever read your posts but please, for your sake, if not everyone else's, grow up. Do you think I posted this for a laugh? I genuinely feel bad for you because I was in your position; you look like a bitter kid who needs to be helped from going astray but TRUST ME, if you're met with a bunch of condescending replies after posting what could only be deciphered as self-validation/ego stroking, you're doing something wrong.

Years
  • I remember I was at a friend's birthday party and his uncle gave my friend's cousins money because they got him a beer. Eager to make a profit, I grabbed a beer and said "Here you go, dude" and I think he scolded me after that. I was 8 at the time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • K: Bursting out into song during nap time. NEAAAR AND FAAAR WHEREEEEVVERRRR YOU ARE!!!
    1st: Thought 4 + 3 = 8
    2nd: Thought Ninetales was real.
    3rd: Told my teacher I was allergic to her in a serious manner. I was honestly convinced. Also, someone was picking on me once and I told him he was "going down there." That's the third grader way to tell someone to go to Hell.
    4th: Wouldn't give someone a page of stickers by uttering the cry "I like Poliwhirl" and bouncing up and down whilst doing so. I...don't like Poliwhirl.

Elementary school in a nutshell aka: my stupidity.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Let's not clutter the page, huh?
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Guys, this topic is on the verge of being a flamefest.

Both arguments are true, however in my honest opinion both sides are also wrong, at least with dealing with each other.

However...SM, you really need to work on your social skills. And I don't mean in real-life, if someone insults you on the internet you don't go making a humongous post of why they're wrong. You either a) report it or b) ignore it, if it really bothers you that much.

Rekky, I have the same advice for you.

However the one thing that's relevant, to me at least, that both of you don't see each others views. SM, have you ever thought that you're sounding a bit conceded/very tunnel-visioned, and Rekky have you ever thought that you're coming off a bit harsh?

So the way this argument was handled, it was not intelligent. Just letting you have my two cents, before I report you.

Years
  • Ok, this is starting to get ridiculous, and it's my fault for not putting my foot down sooner, but: Stop going off topic! If you have issues with each other, send it to VMs/PMs and stop cluttering this thread. Thanks!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Okay, so here's a stupid thing I did yesterday. I was bored so I went for a walk, and I was a few meters away from crossing the street. The little glowing man was flashing, so obviously, that meant I could cross. I walked the extra meters and then I was crossing the street but I was looking at something else (yeah, I have a short attention span) and then when I looked at the crosswalk light, it had the red hand! I was jaywalking the whole time. The scarier part is that that street has lots of cars O.O I bet people hella cursed me out from their cars xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay, so here's a stupid thing I did yesterday. I was bored so I went for a walk, and I was a few meters away from crossing the street. The little glowing man was flashing, so obviously, that meant I could cross. I walked the extra meters and then I was crossing the street but I was looking at something else (yeah, I have a short attention span) and then when I looked at the crosswalk light, it had the red hand! I was jaywalking the whole time. The scarier part is that that street has lots of cars O.O I bet people hella cursed me out from their cars xD

Luckily for you, for the most part the red hand first comes up when the parallel light turns yellow, so the opposing traffic normally wouldn't have had a green anyway. :P

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Um, breaking my toe by running into a wall, dropping out of Math Honors at my school, and there are so many others. Everyone does stupid things, all the time, everywhere. XD

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Got into Pokemon.
    I've made a massive mistake. One that cost me pretty much everything. I lost the very few friends I had. I wasn't there for them when they needed it most. I became nothing but something for people to pick on and laugh at. I did stupid, immature things in a bid to get attention and popularity. I've made so many mistakes that it wouldn't fit the character limit.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Gee, ShinyMewoth. Chill!

The stupidest thing I've ever done was mixing soap with honey and giving it to my sister. She was vomiting all over my bed. .__.;

Back