• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Arranging Pokémon boxes in Pearl/Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit:)

Pokémon Collector
Years
  • Hi there. I was wondering which is the best way to organise your Pokémon boxes on Bebe's Computer. Do you arrange them by level, type, or some other way? I have always arranged them according to type, such as 'normal', 'fire', 'grass', 'electricity', etc. However it is most unsatisfying when for instance there are more 'grass' and 'water' Pokémon than fit into a box, and I have to find somewhere else to fit them in. Has anyone got any good tips and advice on boxing Pokémon that they'd like to share?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I actually put the pokémon in number order, national dex. In the last box the ones I use or am likely to use.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I arrange them according to what they are or used for. Like pokemon for battling get one or more boxes, shinies, legends, pokemon you caought for the pokedex etc..

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • I do them like this

Ones I always use
    ones i sometimes use
    ones i am getting ready to train
    ones i am in the process in training
    ones i never use(usually multiple boxes)
    shinies, legends, etc.m in the last box

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Currently, I have a box to put Main Party Pokemon into when not in use, a box for Pokemon to send over to Platinum, a Box for Friends Pokemon, and a box for Shiny Pokemon Other than that, I keep them in order by generation.

Torn Wings

These wings protect me...
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    What I think would be easier, would be to arrange your Boxes into Types.
    Hopefully, you will have some spare boxes, use these for Eggs and maybe Pokemon that are important to your team, such as Pokemon that know HM Moves.

In those boxes that you have arranged in types, arrange the Pokemon in numerical order; In the first spot put the highest level and in the last spot the lowest level.

I know this must of sounded confusing but, your boxes will be neatly organised and you'll be able to find a Pokemon easily. For example, say I want level 1 Charmander. I go to my Fire Type box, and go to the bottom and find my Charmander!

It's (I think) that simple!

:]

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • I arrange the boxes according to type and then the last box I put pokemon I use on teams.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Any Pokemon I plan on using and have trained go into one of the first boxes, so that when it comes to using PBR, I don't have to mess around looking for Pokemon I want to use.

One of the last boxes contains Pokemon I've trained but don't have movesets for, Pokemon I plan to train but can't be bothered to right now, or Pokemon I needed to switch out, while I trained others.

The rest of my boxes are a mess and just have random Pokemon in them. XD I'm planning to use one of my other Diamond/Pearl games as a kind of instant-access, unrestricted storage device for Pokemon I generally don't need. Because I have hardly any room left in my Diamond's PC! XD Exceptions will be those traded to me via GTS or otherwise. I still play the Lottery, in the hopes that I'll get more PP Ups or the grand prize... XD

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • I arrenge them by level because of me leveling them up.. So yeah.. Also I think the easyiest way to do this is to use the Pokemon Ranch, go to deposit them and you can arange them o.-

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I usually start arranging from box 18 backwards.
    I have Wi-fi pokémon, then eggs, then Pokémon I'm EV' training.
    then the rest are random pokémon.
    [I also have a whole box of swinub, and a whole box of hoppips, LOL]

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I usually separate them into Type boxes. Water types on one box, fire in another. Then I have one box where I keep my eggs, and one box where I keep active pokemon/under training.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I don't really have an order for my Pokemon. They just go into a box.
    For eggs it's different, though. I arrange them by what Pokemon they are, since I have more than one of each egg most of the time. They also aren't for me most of the time, as I trade eggs for eggs, so it's better I don't get them mixed up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Let's see:

I just got Ranch, so there's exactly one box for my shiny EV trained Pokemon, 2 boxes + part of a 3rd for EV trained regular Pokemon, and everything else is for breeding projects.

Before I got Ranch, I had shiny boxes (EV'd first, then non EVd), EV'd boxes, and then a box of all legends in order of national dex #, and THEN events.

But I ranched most of my events and all non-EV trained Pokes and Pokes I never saw myself using.

I plan on going through them with a fine tooth comb because I'm certain a lot of the 3rd gens are hacked.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I arrange mine by lvl. Then I have a sperate box for my party pokemon, training pokemon, and legendary pokemon.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    My first three boxes are full of random crap. After that, I have a box for Pokerus infected pokemon so I can spread that around. Then I have two empty boxes incase I need them. After that, I have two boxes for my trade shop. Beyond that are my ditto collection. After that is my project material box, where I store pokemon that I need for certain egg moves and the like. After that is my Battle Box, where I store all my pokemon that are IV Bred, EV trained, Nature Bred, and ready for battle.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I go numerical, with Box 1 being an "Extra" box to put newly caught Pokemon in and Box 15 as the "Mine" Box (Pokemon that I won't release/trade... basically my favs).

Then Box 2 is 1-30, Box 3 is 31-60 and so on...

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • Well, I HAD them by type, but water and normal were overflowing, so I just recently changed it so tehy're organized by the kind of pokemon they'd be in battle.(Wall, phys. powerhouse, ext.) I'll problably switch it back, tho, I liked the type method better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back