• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Arranging Pokémon boxes in Pearl/Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I never order by type or level. I just call the box: Shinies, Babies, Events, Team, Trash, Wild, Favorites and so forth. If I'm mass breeding, I'll name a box after the species.

Jr. Berry Master

What me worry?
    Years
    I name mine by level to the right and 'as needed' to the left (I mean right and left of BOX 1 in a fresh game). So BOX 1 becomes 'Under 10', BOX 2 becomes "10-19", etc. If a box becomes over full, I split it in half. Maybe two boxes: "10 - 14" and "15-19". I always arrange pokemon in these boxes by level. Lowest in the upper left and highest in the bottom right.

BOX 20 (or whatever the last box is numbered) will typically become "Breeders" (for ditto(s) and pokemon I plan to breed...obviously).
    There's always a box somewhere to the left called "Eevee" and quite often one called "Unown".
    While breeding I may name a box for the pokemon that are in it, such as, "Burmy".

In Pearl I have 2 boxes called "Starters" where I keep one of each stage of every generation's 3 starter pokemon.

Oh and one called "Shiney". Which is not as crowded as I did like. ;)

Years
    I tend to separate my legendaries and hatchlings/eggs from the other Pokemon. I don't sort out my 'normal' Pokemon, mostly because I'm always taking them out and putting them back in. Nothing really drives me to separate them in a certain order, and even if something did, chances are it wouldn't last very long.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I dedicate a number of boxes to EVd, Shinies and Event. The rest of the Pokemon get dumped into their type zone. For example, Fire goes with Ground goes with Rock, while Water is by itself.

Years
    I used to use Alphabetic order, but now I split them up into levels (Under 15, 15-30, 31-50, 50+) And then Wifi Team, Legendaries, High Leveled ingame pokes, Good IVs, etc.

Silver Yutaka

Pokemon Purifier
    Years
    i go in number order and have extra space in areas were there are more than 1 form of pokemon such as unown so i end up using all boxes up to half of the final box

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I just put my rares and legendarys in a box 16 and let the other pokemon just fill the boxes as I caugh them

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I Actually order them in a random way. one box would be all my Lvl 100s, another would be the PKMN I got over Wi-Fi, another would be my legendarys, another my Unowns. It gets cofusing after a while, though. xD. I don't have a good method anymore. xD

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    From Box 1 to the right are just Pokemon I catch. Going backwards from Box 1 is TEAM (which are Pokemon I use in battle), LEGENDS, INFECTED (Pokerus), SHINY, and BREED

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I usually just randomly arrange them in the boxes. Like I put my favorites in one box, least favorites in another, pokemon I use and want in one, pokemon I dont want or use in another, eggs in one box, pokemon im willing to trade in another... etc.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I sort mine out by use. I have one box of pokemon I use in game like my team, HM whores, Magcargo to help hatch eggs, and things like a couple synchonizers and compound eyes Butterfree with thief. I have a few other boxes devoted to my pokemon that I use on wifi. I have more boxes that I fill with pokemon I use to breed and other boxes that I store the pokemon I have bred so I have things like 3 full boxes of Riolu. Anything that doesn't really serve a special purpose I just stuck in random boxes which eventually got dumped into ranch.

Years
    I arrange them by region, leaving about 3 boxes per region, sometimes less depending on the number. Typically, I don't collect every single stage of each evolution, so it usually works out that 3 boxes is more than sufficient for each region. Of course, for those pokemon that evolve into a different generation, they're moved to that section (ie Johto's Sneasel to Sinnoh's Weavile: Sneasel may originally be in the Johto section, but I'll move it to the Sinnoh section upon evolving).

Then I set aside a box for Legendaries, one for all 12 starters and any multiples I might have (might go into several boxes too), one box for breeding needs (ditto, eggs, etc), and another that contains newly hatched pokemon for whatever reason (currently I have a box half-full of Tyrogue to evolve into Hitmontop since it's pretty much a luck of the draw).

When I start EV training, I'll leave 2-3 boxes for "To be Trained" and "Fully Trained". I'll then use the Fully Trained box(es) for building teams for online battling. That's waiting till Platinum though.

Lusidea

Lolwut
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I arrange them firstly by rarity, with legendaries, my favorite pokemon, shinies ect, than with the other common high levels, than the rest is just a mess. :nervous:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Call me a neat freak if so, but I put them in type order and then I sort them out by grouping them in color. I also keep my Events, Legendaries, and EV'd Pokemon separate, unless I am not using them for a long time period.​

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I Don't really care O:
    i leave it as it is.. it doesn't matter.. i put lugia and ho-oh in a box full of wurmple (emerald)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back