• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Arslan Senki

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Arslan Senki

In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.

At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.

(Source: Kodansha USA)

So it has begun airing. Is anyone watching this? Feel free to post your opinions/commentary as it runs~ ^o^

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    From what I've seen at the first episode, it's certainly off to a good start. Certainly yet another quest of a prince whose ideals are being challenged, and certainly I'm expecting a lot of development. Definitely my type of anime.

Also, Hiromu Arakawa's character designs hnnnnggghh. <3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    After Yona, this seems like something right up my alley. :p The animation quality seems pretty great apart from a few awkwardly done CG scenes here and there and Arakwa's art style is a treat to the eyes. This was mostly a set-up episode so I expect more action in the coming episodes. :D

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    First episode is already out. Hopefully I will be able to see it tonight.

I just noticed the designs were made by Arakawa Hiromu. Daryun looks just like Greed from FMA lol

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Glad to see the show started exactly as the manga did. Always love it when they stay true to the original.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not going to lie, I didn't even know that she was a part of the staff.

You should be more excited that Yoshiki Tanaka is the original writer.

derozio

Years
    Yeah, the fact that the writer was the one who wrote Legend of The Galactic heroes is what actually made me notice this title in the first place. Arakawa was the second. :p

Anyway, saw second episode. Things went south as expected. Next few episodes will be very interesting.

Spoiler:

Also that scantily clad chick in the ED looks just like Lust from FMAB haha. And god is she hot too.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I'm wondering whether to watch this or not... Hiromu Arakawa is the main reason why I wanna give this a shot.

I haven't decided yet. I will wait until some episodes are out to see them all at once.

I see nice comments over the web, so I hope it will fulfill its purpose.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not to mention the flow of that battle, the morale at that point would have been almost non existent.

That being said I would have liked to see a few more guys rubbishing the idea. It seems that king had a properly good reputation when it came to war.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I was a little surprised to see that the army simply accepted the King's flight from battle so easily. His reputation seemed so high at first, it's a little strange. But the war being wrapped up so quickly is interesting, though the morale would have dropped to zero pretty quickly. The army has never been beaten, and suddenly they are losing with the first attack? I think I'd go insane pretty quick too.

Narsus seems interesting, I can't wait to see what happens there.

derozio

Years
    The reputation of the king should've made it a little more difficult for the army to believe that he's fled the battlefield, yeah. But like has been mentioned before, their dire situation at that point probably contributed a significant bit towards them believing it.

Either way, didn't see Kharlan's actions coming. Would've loved to see his reasoning. Will probably come later on in the story so that's something to look forward to I guess. The new character seems like he'll be interesting and he's, like, the first character who kinda completely breaks off from this "FMAB art style" that most other characters so far have had haha. Either way, him and that busty semi-nude archer chick are two characters I'm interested in.
    Especially that busty semi-nude archer chick.

Also the OP is weird since it has sections that I absolutely love yet also has sections (like the beginning and the end) that I completely hate.

Back