• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Art Comparison-Elm and Silver!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    We got gold a comparison thread so why not these 2?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Elm-He is more skinny and looser in style. He has a collared shirt without the stripe now and his shoes changed. He also looks far less experience as he should look and is pretty cool overall.
    Silver-He has the new hair and it is a pretty drastic change as he now looks like the love child of Mars and Giovanni. His jacket looks more tight and has a different cut. It is fairly similar except for the bottom being open and 2 triangles are now on the jacket. He looks skinnier but oh so sinister. Ah I forgot but there is a very close resemblance in hair for silver to mars'.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Elm looks more like a young, inexperienced, professor, which I think is a good look for him. And Silver just looks ever so much more badass, which is a good thing.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    elm looks way younger and busy
    silver is more evil and looks cooler and more b.a. but does it matter how they look like just if they play thier part

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I love the new look on Elm. He does look more clumsy and less professional, but that is kind of how he was portrayed as before in the naime [kind of]. He has definitely gotten an improvement to me. The missing yellow strip from his older version is now gone. To tell you the truth it looks better gone as well. He's definitely now one of my favorite professors just with this new look.

As for Silver, he couldn't have been improved better for me. He isn't too slimmed down, and neither is he overly buldgey. His hair could have been fixed better, but it is still nicely done keeps his rugged look. He definitely looks 'sinister' as said before and seems to look more mature. Now that he looks stronger, I'd only hope his Pokémon are just as equally tough in level and moves.

All in all, they've done a nice job with these two and I have no harsh criticism to add for them in my opinion.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Elm- Looks fine. Not too many changes

Silver- Dun like him. I don't know, I just don't specifically like the Pokémon character style. Silver originally looked, uh, sorta funny, but now he just looks ridiculous and suuuper like all the other characters.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    Silver looks badass lol And elm looks as unorganised as he was in the show lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Silver's hair I don't know what I want to say about it. I'm still deciding if I like it or not, it's a very tough decision. I love Silver's new jacket, I think it better then the last one. And he's holding a Great Ball or something, which is a cool bonus. I wish we could see his shoes, because they're BA in the old Silver.

Prof. Elm, I love his new design. I like that they change the shape of his glasses, the old ones were not doing much justice. I'm not sure if the new ones are either. I'm all for the no-yellow strip on his blue shirt, it looked out of place. I like the fact that he's so unorganized, not all the professors can be organized and neat. (Edit: -->) I like Prof.Elm little goatee(/beard) that he is trying to grow.

Plus they both have belts. (If they did before you couldn't see them.)

Last edited:

Ayselipera

All I can say is Silver looks a thousand times better than before!

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Is that a bit of a beard he's growing in the bottom one?
    I think that the bottom one looks better than the top one..Obviously :D

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
    I am totally satisfied with Silver's upgrade. He is bomb now!

And Elm looks sooo much better. Plus, I like the younger look instead of the older look.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think Silver looks so much cooler and a lot more grown up, about 14/15 years old which suits his character a lot more

Finnel

Years
    New Silver looks like he came straight out of the Shin Megami Tensei series.

... I like it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Is that a bit of a beard he's growing in the bottom one?
    I think that the bottom one looks better than the top one..Obviously :D

So, it really wasn't me as the only one to notice a little hair on Prof. Elm's chin then? I thought I noticed this as well when I first looked at it, but thought it just might have been the quality of the scan.

I have a question

What about Eusine!!!!!

Eusine, wasn't he part of Crystal and not Gold and Silver. If this is so, then he may not appear because they'll stick to more of the Gold and Silver storyline rather than that of Crystal. Or, they could just be waiting for the next scans later on before the release to reveal him.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Silver just looks awesome. His old hair going to the side was just a bit weird (I still liked it, though), and this new hairstyle is definitely a turn for the better, and I also like his new jacket and pose. It all makes him look a bit older, which is pretty good. Although, his face reminds me of one of the Elite 4...I dunno who...lol His in-battle sprite also looks pretty good.

As for Elm, he definitely looks a bit messier and younger, which suits him. The anime also showed him being a bit unorganized IIRC, so this definitely fits. And that yellow stripe really did look out of place, so having it gone was a good choice. Also, that little bit of a beard he has fits on him. XD

Back