• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Art Comparison-Elm and Silver!

Years
    I love the new Silver! =D He looks incredible. (More tough in my opinion. XD) Though, he looks like he could be Mars' son...or brother. Most likely Mars could be Silver's sister...yes...that is possible... I like his new hair. :) He looks more like a guy than last time. I like his new sprite as well.

New Elm looks so cute. :) Cuter than the original imo. He also looks younger now. I also like his lab. (I wish we had clearer pictures of the in-game screens.) (I like the stubble if that's really there.)

Years
    Hey mabye Mars is Silver's mother!
    We already know that Giovanni is his father, and if she is his mother that would explain his haircut.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    tho i like the new silver, he doesnt look like his personality portrays him. In the original one, his look actually looks like he picks on little kids and doesnt give a f**k bout pokemon's feelings...

this new one looks like he cares more than he should and less evil...

all in all, it still wont hinder me from getting both HG and SS...looking forward to it ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Lady Rocket Grunt is ugly. 8D I'm digging the orange, though. And lol @ Elm trying to grow a goatee.

But Silver...Silver's rockin'. I love the hair, and his outfit does his sexy figure justice. I hated his old clothes. He didn't look fine at all--he didn't even look evil. He just looked like one of those a-holes who tried to steal your lunch money for kicks every day in school. :/ No offense to people who actually liked his old design.
    Actually, New!Silver reminds me of Ken from Digimon. A lot. He gives off that evil boy genius vibe somehow.
    I wanna take him home. ♥ But boy, are you related to Mars? Because I've been wanting a means to getting her phone number so I can stalk talk her up.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    tho i like the new silver, he doesnt look like his personality portrays him. In the original one, his look actually looks like he picks on little kids and doesnt give a f**k bout pokemon's feelings...

this new one looks like he cares more than he should and less evil...

all in all, it still wont hinder me from getting both HG and SS...looking forward to it ^^

His character is supposed to be arrogant, and that's exactly how he looks now, he isn't supposed to be a conventional bully.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I like Silver's more slender and sleek look; it makes him look more sinister, which is good since he's the only rival with evil intentions.

Freeziepop

lulztastic
    Years
    God I love Silver's new look. He looks fantastic~ That new coat makes me envious... Plus, he looks older which makes me feel like less of a creep for liking him so much.

His hair has definitely improved, in my opinion. I just adore it.

Elm looks better, too. He looks funny, I like it. XD

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    It seems that I'm the only one who thinks Silver is more... feminine. It's quite unexplainable.
    In my point of view, he was a strong young boy which had an evil look face with a "competitive" look. Now he's thin, and his pose and angel face with bright eyes give him a feminine look.

About Elm, now he has personality, and that's good.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man they ruined the rival, he was the coolest character in Gold and Silver and now he looks ... like... feminine? Who else agrees with this new lame stupid rival they have now?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man they ruined the rival, he was the coolest character in Gold and Silver and now he looks ... like... feminine? Who else agrees with this new lame stupid rival they have now?

On the contrary, I think Silver's new look fits perfectly. He doesn't seem at all feminine, and if it is because of his hair, that is only because it just has a bit of resemblance to that of Mars from Team Galactic. Anyway, Silver looks a lot better than the orignal and has kept his arrogant and sinister rival appearance. Also, I wouldn't conclude on calling him a 'stupid rival' as he is basically the same guy you fight as a rival throughout the game. I'm sure his Pokémon will remain the same, just stronger. The only difference is his look, and seeing what a lot of peolple have stated before me, they actually like it. Basically, because it matches his personality well and isn't a huge difference from the original.

I'm liking the new Elm and Silver, as they definitely match the personality the anime and game has given them. It seems they have been diong that frequently actually when it comes to look and personlity, and I think it fits well.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Elm looks a lot better, although I don't think he's that important of a character, if the remakes are based on the same storyline as the previous G/S games. Silver...I don't hate him, I just wish they'd kept the hairstyle from his previous look. I love long hair. ^^; But other than that, I love his clothes. Yet, he does resemble Mars to an uncanny amount in comparison...Ah well, I won't make that much of a big deal of it until I get to see his sprite ingame.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    I think Elm looks better now, too. I recall thinking "Wow, no wonder he didn't notice Silver stealing his Pokemon!" when I saw the redesign. It fits him better, I think.

But as for Silver...
    he now looks like the love child of Mars and Giovanni.

Okay, I know it was implied that Giovanni is Silver's father, but stop giving me strange ideas here! My gut's telling me it's true, though...

And I'd also have to agree that Silver's redesign fits him better too. He looks less like a schoolyard bully to me now and more...I dunno, sinister?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    His new look makes him look like a fusion of Mars and Roark. Not that that's bad, really.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I wasn't even pointing Silver's hair when I said he was more feminine.
    Also I wasn't saying that he has a female body now.
    His hair (although I would better like the other) is good, but his body is too much thin (and worse is with that pose) and plus his face (at least for me) doesn't seem any evil.

Anyway, its my opinion, you do not have to agree, remember it

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I'm kind of totally digging the new designs.
    Silver's new hair is pretty cool, man. Overall, the designs are just so much more detailed, that I can't help but love them. <3

And Elm looks like a spazzy guy... Which kind of suits him, in my opinion. xDDD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wasn't even pointing Silver's hair when I said he was more feminine.
    Also I wasn't saying that he has a female body now.
    His hair (although I would better like the other) is good, but his body is too much thin (and worse is with that pose) and plus his face (at least for me) doesn't seem any evil.

Anyway, its my opinion, you do not have to agree, remember it

His hair could have been done better, but the Jacket and new design makes up for that loss. As for his body and how thin it may be, the only reason why is because of the style of art Sugimoro is using now. It is more of an anime style than the original artist style used before. It is basically been developed through the years to procede with more modern times.

I do like his posture however, as I think it adds onto his bad guy look and shows he just doesn't care about what is around him, but instead he only wants to be strong and have strong Pokémon.

I'm kind of totally digging the new designs.
    Silver's new hair is pretty cool, man. Overall, the designs are just so much more detailed, that I can't help but love them. <3

And Elm looks like a spazzy guy... Which kind of suits him, in my opinion. xDDD

Yes, the designs are more detailed and that is one thing I like best compared to the originals of Gold and Silver. As for Elm, it totally fits him. Like I've said before and others as well, in the anime he was portrayed as the clumsy and imperfect professor like the others. To see it brought to his game design is a plus and definitely adds on more likeness to the guy.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Silver looks so much sexier *u*/SLAPPED/lulzSilverfangirl

/clawing at screen

I guess Elm looks okay >3>

I was waiting for his redesign
    forever *u*

Back