• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Art Comparison-Elm and Silver!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Stop freakin' spamming that! We freakin' get it! Though it is very unlikely that Eusine will play a part in the game.

And that Roark thing made me laugh.

alright, jeez I'll stop

I only did it twice >>

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    the new silver is *ballerific* and elm has a little stuble there i see lol i just cant wait until we see the gym leaders and elite 4. maybe lance will get a bit of an upgrade and maybe bruno will find a shirt

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
    Years
    elm looks better

silver makes me think he's just a bratty pansy... i don't like his artwork whatsoever... makes me want to vomit almost as much as the girl's outfit.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
    Aside from the shirt, Elm essentially looks exactly the same to me, which is fine. Silver is a huge improvement though, he looks stronger, smarter, more mature...big improvement on the best rival in PKMN history.

Years
    Ahaha, I kind of like Silver's new design. I miss the old one a bit, but I think his new design is just a little bit better.
    Elm looks the same to me, LOL.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Professor Elm looks younger and busier.
    The Rival... he looks like a member of Team Galactic? Or because of his clothes like a member of Team Rocket oO. Anyway the Rival looks epic, thougher and cooler, but the hair is awful.. i had to remember, that he (?) is a male =D

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Silver looks wicked cool. I almost wish he was a playable character =D. It's really amazing how much difference a couple of years makes in artwork and detail.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I think Silver's new clothes are great but I hate what they did with his hair :( Elm looks good though

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Elm only lost his yellow stripe across his shirt. I Personally like the changes made to Silver. Reminds me of Jeffree Star, who I am the biggest fan of.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The loss of stripe on Elm's shirt was definitely a good plus. It seemed out of place when you compare his new look to his older version art. To me, I like Elm's new clumsy posture too as it adds character to his design besides the basic professor look. Compared to Silver, Elm did get the better modification. I think it is basically because it was more simple and less of much change. By the way, the little scruff on Elm was a nice bonus I must say.

As for Silver, I don't think he look stoo feminine, and if he did to me then I'd say it's a little plus as it gives him more than onle look to the players of the game. However, this is his art and I'm sure his look in the game [seeing as the battle image with Silver is unclear at the moment] will be a bit different and make him portrayed more as a guy over a female look. Still, the detail is all nice and at least they didn't attempt a large change for any of these two.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Wow, Elm looks even more clumsy now o.O .I never really liked that Professor >.>
    Silver looks cool, slimmer and with a cool jacket^^
    His looks remind me of some other animecharas that I like much. His hair resembles Roark quite a bit but I don't really mind. I thing he improved a lot

No mind because i think Roark is a cutie too >3>)
    Yes! X3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Spoiler:

Ayup.

Oh, crap. You just had to go and ruin the new Silver design for me! :laugh: I kid, I kid.
    But seriously, regarding Silver's head, this just makes the designers come off as lazy. At least Silver's old design didn't resemble anyone... I'm liking Silver's redesign, though, I'll add more on this later...

Argh...at this rate, Silver could be Roark's son instead of Giovanni's! And Mars could be Roark's wife, as they both hail from Sinnoh...? :\ But I really like the mystery connection between Giovanni and Silver... *sighs* I don't know what to make of this! :surprised:

Years
    Like someone else said, a lot of people have the same hairstyles. Does that make the person with that hairstyle less creative? Anyway, maybe they didn't notice. ;) If you ask me, I say Maylene goes to the same store as Whitney. Pink, white, and blue color pallet in their clothing... And they both have pinkish hair? Hmm.... Maybe DP was hinting more about Johto than we thought... XD

I like Silver's new look. His sprite looks cool.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I can fix this baby daddy dilemma

GIOVANNI IS A PIMP

he screwed mars , ashs mom, half of the females in team rocket,he also screwed Roarks mom, and has twenty five red haired sons, 4 blue haired, 3 black, 5 pink and 16 brunette :D, and some other kids,

o giovanni u man***** u

/hit

but alot of characters have similar hair, on purpose or coincedence,

Nurse Jenny anyone? xD

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Like everyone else is saying, Silver looks older, more badass (a very common word here xD),
    and... curvaceous? xD Well, subtle changes in Elm's appearance make the character much better overall. No idea what they were thinking with that yellow stripe...
    Well, I also hope they keep those old badass boots that Silver had before. Not sure if they'd really fit in the new design, but I don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Although, his face reminds me of one of the Elite 4...I dunno who...lol
    You're probably thinking of Lucian.

As for the resemblance between Silver's and Mars's hair, it's probably inconsequential. Pokémon designers like to copy that kind of thing, like with Saturn and Purugly. It makes you feel like the whole Pokémon world is one...

If you ask me, I say Maylene goes to the same store as Whitney. Pink, white, and blue color pallet in their clothing... And they both have pinkish hair?
    Lol. Only difference is personality, I guess. I freakin' love Maylene. I won't be a man if I don't admit right now that she's hot. Whitney's just a whiney little b****. Lol, whiney with a 't' xD I bet that's on purpose!

"Hi! I'm Whitney! Everyone was into Pokémon, so I got into it too! Pokémon are super-cute! You want to battle? I'm warning you--I'm good!"
    "Sob... ...Waaaaaaah! You're mean! You shouldn't be so serious! You...you child, you! Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Snivel, hic...You meanie!"
    "...Sniff... What? What do you want? A badge? Oh, right. I forgot. Here's Plain Badge."
    If you can't take losing, don't battle in the first place! Ugh, some people....

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    The first thing that went through my head when I saw Silver was "Mars". It's dumb. He had such a badass 'do before, and now he looks like a spaceman. Don't get me wrong, I love Mars, but the hair does not suit Silver.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Somewhy the new silver artwork remind me of anabel.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I like the new Professor Elm art, though to me, it looks basically the same but in a different standing posture. It definitely looks like he's more clumsy, which he probably is. :D And I actually like the new Silver art. He looks more pretty-boy-ish in that stance, tougher, more sinister and more suspicious, and less like Paul from the anime. The Team Rocket Girl art is interesting. I can't really compare it to anything, though.

Back