• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

biogenetic

riddle me this.
    Years
    can someone help me with my drawings of beast you know from xmen it always turns out looking like an ape on steroids anyone got an idea how i can make him look better?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Pokedragonfire said:
    Tracing can be good PRACTICE. It really helps you learn and then add your own styles later. I don't trace but for any artist, reference is a MUST. Unless your doing cartoons, and realism artist must have reference. Remember that tracing other's work or other's photos is PRACTICE and cannot be used on the internet or viewed publicly. You pretty much draw it and throw it away, though it seems like a waste, you gain better ability to draw.

*nodnod* i agree with you..
    i used to trace like.. lets say one part of the head for example..
    when i did this it was for PRACTISE only..
    i drew a face (without refrence or tracing) then i traced something and compared where i went wrong so i knew where i can improve for next time
    i also like to trace poses.. but not actually tracing..
    i sorta just quickly outline the general postition.. kinda like a stick-figure, then i put a bubble figure around it..
    i do this to get the feel of the motion (for example, lets say i want to draw someone riding a bike: i find a pic of it, i trace the general outline, then i make my own positions and angles and things)
    i trace things usually to get proportions correct so when i draw people in certain actions, i dont make them look stiff or rigid..
    i would never use any tracings as my actual work or anything like that..
    when i trace something, its for practise and i always scrap it ._. like.. i doodle all over it and use it as a colour tester and stuff..
    ._. so.. its sorta like a guideline for me..
    i rarely do that anymore though ._.
    and if i do, it'd probably be for a hard pose that you wouldnt find in everyday life.. like maybe a birds-eye-view angle or something thats really hard to get the proportions correctly..
    the most important thing is that you should use tracing for practise only..
    (i know i've said that alot in my post, but i mean it)
    i think that people who take credit in something they copied or traced are liars to themselves and everyone around them ._.
    well.. yeah
    >< no flames..
    just my opinion here...

Neo Saiba

Rocket Elite
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2005
    Does anybody know a program where I can makes sprites transparent. I was also wondering if there 1 was a program that could shring images with out ruinging them? If I made no sense let me know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2005
    Edited out by FG: This is spam - don't post unless it's relevant to the topic title. You have been warned.

--FG

Last edited by a moderator:

Chareon

&#20013;&#24515;
    Years
    ^Spam=bad
    For transparency you could use PSP 5, and create transparent background, for your pic, that should work.
    I used to trace when Iwas younger, even though I was already goodat drawing. It got my hand familiar with the picture and I traced and image in my head, while tracing, so that when I went back to draw it, Ialready knew how the basic layout was. But that was in first grade, I've stopped since then. Now I just look and draw =p

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Freenaturearts said:
    Sence this is a art chat

Dos anyone know why many people think trasing is bad to start out with? After all there has to be a start of everything and I found out at 5 that trasing is awesome when you'r just learning how to use a pencil for other things then letters and numbers.

I also would like to bring up that religion is sometimes not liked in drawings. Shamanism is what mine are based apon. Dos it bother anyone when they are shown work by someone NOT of there religion?

Two tricky questions to bring up I know ^^ But its best to see things from all aspects befor someone posts apon a artist with odd works O_o;

I hope I'm still going by forum rules. And if not let me know asap and I'll do w/e I can to get rid of this. I know in many web forums they do not like when religion is brought up. And if it is so here pm me o-o;; please. Thank you^^

Other types of religion shouldn't bother people, unless it is flaming or bashing their religion with the use of pictures.
    otherwise, i see no problem in it, but thats just my opinion.

also, i think tracing is a good way to start out. But you shouldnt ever take credit for something you trace. I rather try to copy a picture of photograph (and always state that you have copied it)
    or start off with simple shapes without detail, or even sketching from life and then adding anything else you need to it. (like drawing someone kneeling, then drawing a kimono over it etc)

so, in my opinion, tracing isn't bad as long as you either scrap the art afterwards, or put them in a personal pile for refrence and state that it is in fact traced and not drawn.
    tracing can be seen as plagirism, and thats why you should write the word "traced image" on it, so that people can know.

i hope that helped
    ~kura

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Erm..a lame attempt at using GIMPaint 2. It *was* supposed to be some deep-sea weirdo...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    And I did a Katamari Damacy pixel-art.
    Art Discussion

</|-?lvaro-|\>

U.God Of Invincible Fists
    Years
    Talking about art and stuff, I guess people often get bored when people who visit their art threads just give them a look but do not leave a comment there, well of course, people are not obligated to necessarily leave a comment and stuff, but you understand. I guess people already felt in this way. Don?t you think too?

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    </|-?lvaro-|\> said:
    Talking about art and stuff, I guess people often get bored when people who visit their art threads just give them a look but do not leave a comment there, well of course, people are not obligated to necessarily leave a comment and stuff, but you understand. I guess people already felt in this way. Don?t you think too?
    I've been feeling that way a long time ago. It makes me feel like I'm "just there". :\

My first real attempt at drawing anime-style
    I decided to sit down and practice using a "How to Draw Manga" book that's been sitting in my drawer for a while. However, compared to the likes of those at DeviantArt, it's really mediorce. At least it's better than my previous drawings (which aren't worth showing anymore).

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Egi: I think i know what your talking about. Its because the thing your copying into dosent have some of the needed Pallete colors for the thing your pasting. To get around this the easyest thing to do is just make a new file and copy everything in.

Is there any way to set Paint so it dosent Auto-Enlarge the work space when i paste something bigger in?

ArchAngel

I also answer to &amp;quot;Hey sexy&amp;quot;
    Years
    Attention Carttonists/ Comic Creators!

I am starting up a network on a 5 gig webhost i have for cartoons and comics, non pokemon specific, we are currently working on a layout (we havea webmaster already :D) And im here to recruit people to WTFToonz. We currently only have a lineup of 2 toons that are defidant. we are only going to host 8 more toonz unless we get the $ for a better host.

please fill out this registration form if you are interested.

https://wtftoonz.5000megs.com/Register.htm

Our current line-up

• The Adventures Of Frank In Space
    • Da Bunnies

will be updated if we get any signups...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back