• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Article focusing on Project Voltage

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Since Project Voltage is releasing its last song today, I'd like to propose an article talking about it & the Pokemon themes sampled. I'll help point them out, if need be.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Since Project Voltage is releasing its last song today, I'd like to propose an article talking about it & the Pokemon themes sampled. I'll help point them out, if need be.
Hi, sorry I missed this!

I'd like some more information on the specifics here. Is this solely focused on the music part of Project Voltage (rather than the art lead-up which we covered?) Would this be on all songs, and if so would it be in one long (maybe multi-page) article, or split into a few? And I do think pointing out the themes sampled would be ideal to do (and interesting to read/hear!)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hi, sorry I missed this!

I'd like some more information on the specifics here. Is this solely focused on the music part of Project Voltage (rather than the art lead-up which we covered?) Would this be on all songs, and if so would it be in one long (maybe multi-page) article, or split into a few? And I do think pointing out the themes sampled would be ideal to do (and interesting to read/hear!)
Just the music aspect. & Pokemon themes sampled in the songs. It probably wouldn't be all of them as That'd be too much, to be honest. Maybe it can be done in a few articles? Not all of them make use of the pokemon game tracks in the music, either.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Just the music aspect. & Pokemon themes sampled in the songs. It probably wouldn't be all of them as That'd be too much, to be honest. Maybe it can be done in a few articles? Not all of them make use of the pokemon game tracks in the music, either.
Hi! I quite like this idea, I was thinking of doing a compilation article of Project Voltage myself, but I think this goes beyond that. I don't think it'd be too much to have all 18 songs in one article, but you could spread it out into three articles with 6 songs each if you like. I like the idea of talking about what samples are used and maybe to add context you could write a short blurb about the story of the music videos and why the samples are chosen. For example, the last song uses all of the champion themes because the music video shows Miku in a championship battle against a rival Miku. Overall I think it would be a good article (or series) because people might also be interested in just having all the songs in one place so they can listen to them and read about them whenever they'd like. Serebii does have a section on them, but again I think what you are proposing goes beyond that and I'm all for it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I like splitting it into 5 or 6 videos an article (and see if that works out if as you say not every song has references to compare to - unless of course you want to just talk about the songs themselves while pointing out they don't have references!)

I'll approve this too then, so pitch approved. Please PM/DM me a desired username and email address so I can set you up with a Daily/Wordpress account to write/port the first article draft into @Palamon

Back