• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
  • [Update 02/08/16]

Artificial RED V1 - Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n483zaipx2je63r/artificial_RED_V1.zip?dl=0

Edit: use this UPS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr2ge224nqo0iqb/v1_1.ups?dl=0

Readme.txt:

artificial RED V1 by Epsilon | Release 02/08/16

This base if free to use for anyone.

The only thing I ask is that the watermark in the intro screen is left there.

I request moderators to remove any derivatives which remove this watermark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day Pokémon fans,

As you know, I have been working on this rombase for more than six months.
    Right now, I have got other things going on in my life, and my motivation
    for finishing this rombase is very fragile. So fragile that I am barely
    able to release this. But I will, since I owe it to the community to advance
    rom hacking to another level. This version is actually finished to a large
    extent. I will give a brief overview of features below, and I will include
    all my relevant notes and INI's with this release. In that way, I have got
    all the faith in the world that someone will finish this, and perhaps add
    next gen Pokémon in the future. As for me, I might check in once in a
    while, I might finish this base in the end, or I might never return.
    In any case, I wish you all the best of luck with future rom hacking.

Epsilon

Things to note

- There are test NPC's in player's room, and route 1 Pokémon are altered.
    These things can be easily removed.
    - Compatible with JPAN hacked engine
    - Compatible with HGSS music patch

Features (might not be complete)

- 1020 slots
    - All 721 Pokémon are added.
    - MrDS's romebase.
    - Three byte movesets for all Pokémon.
    (Moves from Seaking onwards need to be altered;
    moves not in game are 'Sacred Fire')
    - New sprites for all Pokémon, animated sprites where possible.
    - New animated sprites Pokémon code.
    - New icons for all Pokémon.
    - Dex descriptions, prints and scales for all Pokémon.
    - X Y cries for all Pokémon.
    - Stats for all Pokémon.
    - New evolution methods
    (Have not yet been programmed for new Pokémon)
    (Previous evo problem has been fixed)
    - Mega's
    (Programmed after Volcanion, names need to be altered)
    - Habitats for all Pokémon
    (There is free space to include next gen)
    (Overview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9mrodzupfdp6lb/Artificial Red - Habitats.docx?dl=0)

Last edited:
    Years
  • What about those features:
    -attack and decap base
    -HM Dive
    -all 721 Pokemon including the real mega evolution routine and updated movesets (cries, forms and animated sprites not necessary) with as much slots as possible
    -all gen 4 to 6 abilities, moves (attacks) and items
    -B/W repel system
    -B/W reusable TMs
    -X/Y experience gain
    -Physical/Special/Status split with icons
    -Decapitalisation
    -running shoes indoors
    -bug fixes (must be bugfree)

If some features aren´t in your base, are you going to implement them?
    Thanks for your hard work! That´s a really good rombase.
    How do I open every Pokemon in The Gen 3 Suite or Pokemon Game Editor (PGE), because I get an error everytime and cannot do anything.

Thanks in advance!

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I patched the ROM and I'm getting a white screen for some reason

Years
  • Use a clean FR 1.0 US Rom, use NUPS to patch, and if necessary, selecter Ignor if file is invalid. Tested it just now, had to press ignore, but it works.

How do we get it to work on PGE and G3HS, because I get errors everytime I open the patched Rom, that says that the offsets are wrong.

Years
  • Use latest version of PGE. G3HS is not supported well, see readme.

Edit: Created a new .ups, perhaps it works better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr2ge224nqo0iqb/v1_1.ups?dl=0

Thank you very much! Now it´s working.
    One thing I noticed, that not all Pokemon have completed movesets and evolutions.
    Do you know a program, with that we can edit and add attacks and abilities?

Edit:
    Is the JPAN Hacked Engine already implemented in this patch?
    The MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase is implemented, right?

Last edited:

MandL27

Proud Procrastinator
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    Couple questions:
    Is it compatible with the patch that puts EVs on NPCs' Pokemon?
    What's the "HGSS music patch" you mentioned in the readme?

Years
  • I have one more question: I always get an error, when opening the patched Rom in D&D and all stats are at 255 and I can´t see any Pokemon names.
    What should I do?
    I pasted the config for D&D in the same folder as the Rom.

Edit: there is: InvalidArgument=Value in the error page.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • I have one more question: I always get an error, when opening the patched Rom in D&D and all stats are at 255 and I can´t see any Pokemon names.
    What should I do?
    I pasted the config for D&D in the same folder as the Rom.

Edit: there is: InvalidArgument=Value in the error page.

I used D&D Alpha 5.0

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    So, question, if we patch a FireRed ROM with the UPS/IPS file, does it actually do anything to the ROM like a hack would, or is it simply just a ROM base to be edited for patching later?

Just asking cause a few other ROM base "patches" on here do give you all 721 Pokemon, but all they know is Struggle or have a completely broken move set and other critical errors for some reason when patched without editing the IPS/UPS file.

UPDATE: Ignore this, trying to use this resource without editing it causes the game to go AWOL. However, it is a really good resource though, nice work!

Last edited:

mkarthick98

Tensai
    Years
  • UPDATE: Ignore this, trying to use this resource without editing it causes the game to go AWOL. However, it is a really good resource though, nice work!
    Not really. You can get around it pretty easily. Walk out the front door, and when you warp to Route 1, jump over the ledges and avoid all the grass patches. Since you haven't received your starter yet, the game freezes at the battle screen. If you do this, you can avoid all the grass, except a small 2x4 strip at the entrance of Pallet Town. Hopefully, you won't encounter anything here. Save and load state a gajillion times if you have to. You're safe from here on.

Amazing work, wow.
    Would I be right in assuming that you haven't used danills routine for mega evolution? Just asking, because I intend to do it.

EDIT: Found that some of the Kanto pokemon have messed up evolutionary data. Some evolve at level 0, and some have unspecified items. Didn't take long to fix. This problem did not appear in Johto or Hoenn.

EDIT 2: Manually set the evolutions for all the pokemon, which either evolve by level up, or by existing items. Skipped the ones which use new mechanics and the megas. Should I be PMing you, because I wish to help finish this?

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Not really. You can get around it pretty easily. Walk out the front door, and when you warp to Route 1, jump over the ledges and avoid all the grass patches. Since you haven't received your starter yet, the game freezes at the battle screen. If you do this, you can avoid all the grass, except a small 2x4 strip at the entrance of Pallet Town. Hopefully, you won't encounter anything here. Save and load state a gajillion times if you have to. You're safe from here on.

Amazing work, wow.
    Would I be right in assuming that you haven't used danills routine for mega evolution? Just asking, because I intend to do it.

EDIT: Found that some of the Kanto pokemon have messed up evolutionary data. Some evolve at level 0, and some have unspecified items. Didn't take long to fix. This problem did not appear in Johto or Hoenn.

EDIT 2: Manually set the evolutions for all the pokemon, which either evolve by level up, or by existing items. Skipped the ones which use new mechanics and the megas. Should I be PMing you, because I wish to help finish this?

Yes please! That goes for anyone, if you want to finish it, and the data is the level of quality I like, I will release it in this thread and credit you.

Years
  • One of the READMEs says that to get the expanded pokemon in advancemap 1.92, i have to overwrite fc 03 at the offset d027c, but that offset doesn't seem to exist. also, what do i overwrite fc 03 with?

Back