• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Ascent: De Draconis Bellum [M]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
requiem-for-a.regular.png

flourish.png

-A Fantasy RP based on many different fantasy RPGs and JRPGs. Rated M for mature due to gore, violence and mature themes.-

Spoiler:

tumblr_mmpe6mIMV61qmpg90o1_500.gif

Nobilis. A land so very unlike our own and yet, in many ways the same. Today I will tell you the story of this great land, today I will recite to you the legend of the war of dragons.

In a year unknown to us, the world of Nobilis was ruled by the human race as we ourselves know it to be. Groups of people with the ability to do great and ruinous things both, a species of beings outside of the natural order and capable of changing things for better or for worse. Unlike our world however, were the fantastical creatures that roamed the world alongside them. Beasts that we regard as nothing more than legend, powerful chimera, elegant pegasus, fierce griffin and monstrous demons among so many other things. Near every incredible piece of folklore and myth existed in these lands alongside the most common of insects that we see as nothing in our day and age.

Humans in our world could surely never cull these beasts, however the humans of Nobilis were gifted with incredible powers, magics and unparalleled skill with combat both ranged and melee. When one lives in a World where adaptation is necessary then one adapts. Is this not what makes us human? For many years the humans were the dominant species of the World, they built great cities and made incredible advances in the ways of medicine and technology. Things such as basic fire-arms became commonplace and the humans were set only to advance further. They became more and more industrialized... yes, in many ways they began to follow the same path that those of our world now walk so graciously.

But Nobilis is not our World, no, not at all. Unlike our reality, the nature of this great land would not be so easily dominated. In retaliation to the humans, the guardians of the mythical world rose up to put a stop to their advances.

The dragons came and upon their wings they carried the retribution that they felt the humans deserved. They destroyed their grand cities and put a stop to their advancement in technology and magic. The dragons possessed a powerful aura of dominance, their very existence in Nobilis drove the mythical creatures of the world, peaceful or no, into a combat ready state. Commanding these beasts like generals, the dragons waged war. In a fell swoop of power that not a single living being could see coming... the growth of humanity was stunted and the humans were forced back to their capital city, Regalia, in the Southern regions of the land.

Retaliation however, was inevitable.

Pooling their remaining resources, the humans of Nobilis ranked their numbers by strength and formed a great army to combat the draconic threat. Our story begins with the first battalion of the human army and their march on the ruined city of Pharus, a central location that would serve as a solid base of operations for the future in the war to come.

But the dragons had been strong enough to win every single battle thus far. Could an organised army really be enough to defeat such a threat? Dread filled the hearts of the human race as they began to lose hope. An atmosphere of pure oppression hung in the air as they marched towards what was not only a fruitless counter-attack, but also the final hope for their entire race.

They could have never expected the strength that stood alongside them, that dwelt in their very natures. When one lives in a World where adaptation is necessary then one adapts, this is what makes us human.

The tale of this world is old and long, there are many conflicting versions to be told. But I assure you that this one is the truth. As we follow the accounts of the heroes of this war... those few whom would lead humanity to whatever future they were destined to face. Mere soldiers at the beginning of this first battle, marching towards Pharus with mixed emotions as the desperate human force dreaded what they thought to be a death sentence, these heroes had no idea that they would be playing a part in humanities greatest test. The battles that would be forever remembered as "The War of The Dragon".

De Draconis Bellum.

tumblr_nidqm4M4eB1rwnnw6o1_500.gif

NOTE: Most of the information here may not be relevant to the RP immediately. However it will help you to get a nice grip on how this World works. If you're confused about a certain aspect of the story, culture or World of the RP then turn here. If the information you want isn't here then please ask me directly here in the OOC, through a VM or through a PM.

I REPEAT. (As I know there is a LOT of information here.)

The only pieces of information that are immediately relevant to the RP are the travel guide and the class list. The rest of this information, specifically the bestiary and common lingo, is here for you to look up at your leisure when it is required or comes up in the story.

~Bestiary~
A collection of information about the fantastical creatures of Nobilis, extracted from the book "On Goblins and Griffins - Nobilis' wildlife" by Sir Darkus Reym, Former professional hunter.
Spoiler:

~Travel Guide~
A Geographical guide to the various cities and locations of interest in Nobilis, taken from "Nobilis and You, A guide" written by Eros Typhan, master cartographer and geographer.
Spoiler:

~Popular Lingo and List of Classes~
An introduction to the varied culture, classes and spoken lingo in Nobilis. Extracted from the short guide book "Welcome to Nobilian life." By Janem Timonty, a sociologist, psychologist and aspiring author.
Spoiler:

rwoznp.jpg

Ascent is an RP based around the heavy character development and player made decisions in an epic fantasy World. The RP is structured so that players can feel like there's been a significant and notable difference in the World of the RP as a result of their actions. The World in which the RP is based, Nobilis, is a World in which both fantasy creatures and humans exist. Magic is commonplace and technology is at a stage where basic flintlock fire arms and steam powered machines are slowly becoming more common.

Players will play as soldiers in the FOH, a military organisation established by humanity to combat the threat of the dragons, massive indestructible winged beasts that were once peaceful, but have recently risen up with armies and beasts to attack humanity. FOH members are ranked by their feats in the war thus far, with the most decorated heroes being the generals in command. The dragons armies, named "The Draconis" by humanity, have taken over all of Nobilis' cities apart from the human capital of Regalia. The RP will begin with the players being a part of the front line in the first counter attack against the dragons in the city of beacons, Pharus. A mission presumably doomed to fail and considered by many to be suicidal.

While the exact details of the events destined to take place will not be discussed here, after the first battle a large selection of the RPs players may be regarded as heroes and will gain control over the armies tactics and movements. From here, the RP really opens up.

The map above this indicates the currently controlled locations of the two warring factions. The FOH and the Draconis. There are also two areas currently unoccupied by either force due to their lack of strategic advantage, or insignificance to the war at present.

- FOH controlled territories are marked in blue.

- Draconis controlled territories are marked in red.

- Unoccupied or Neutral territories are marked in yellow.

Players whose characters have say in the armies tactics are able to choose what character should go where, what locations should be retaken and attacked and what areas should be defended. Players, regardless of their characters positions, may openly discuss the armies tactics and strategies in the OOC, though in the end the final decision is always left up to those whom have characters in influential positions.

If and when locations are captured from unknown forces, or from the armies of Draconis, the above map will be updated with new colors to reflect the changes. As one might expect, this will also apply to when the Draconis capture a location or should a location be abandoned by either force.

However players will have to remember that while they make plans and strategies so to do the dragons. If numbers are spread too thin, certain locations are ignored and not mentioned for too long or if the morale and co-operation of players drops too low... then the dragons will lash out with vicious counter-attacks.

Now for the consequences of that... This RP HAS a canonical failure state. As in, a failure state achieved by the players within the story itself.

If all locations on the map are captured by the Draconis then humanity will be forever lost, doomed to be picked off one by one by the dragons and the RP will have a premature ending. (Note: This only occurs if ALL locations are RED. If some locations are still unoccupied (YELLOW) then there's still a chance!)

This isn't just another fantasy RP, these elements will make it so that both OOC and IC the lovely players whom join will have to think and act accordingly to succeed. There is no presumably guaranteed happy ending here like there are in other RPs, you might lose, you might die... but if you do succeed? Make it to the end?

Then surely the victory will be all the sweeter.

O0qixGg.gif

~The following SU must be filled out to completion and written to an acceptable standard before being accepted. As this is an original setting, should you have any questions in regards to the lore then please ask away in the OOC.~

Basic Info:

Character Name: (Your characters full name. First, Middle and Surname.)

Character Age: (All characters are fully trained combatants, usually trained from young ages. Wether or not your character is a veteran of combat or not is debatable, but no character below the age of 18 will be accepted. There is no maximum age (within logical reason) however.)

Character Appearance: (Two paragraphs to describe what it is your character looks like, if an applicable picture is presented then this section can be ignored. However, images of characters must suit the setting of the RP. Which is fantasy/medieval in case you somehow still weren't sure. Anime images are highly preferred as this RP has taken major influence from JRPGs, however if you really do insist on using an alternate image then you won't be sent away for it.)

Character Gender: (What gender is your character? A male or a female?)

Hometown: (Choose from one of the five cities available, or make up your own small township somewhere in the World. If you provide a description of your new township and so long as it fits the Worlds lore then I will gladly accept it and may even add it to the list of locations. Creativity earns you bonus points with me! If you choose to create a location then a single paragraph of information will be suitable as a description, though more is welcome should you wish.)

Reason for Joining the FOH: (Why is your character in the FOH? Do they wish to fight for humanity against the dragons? Do they have family and friends that they long to protect? Do they hope to attain fame and riches?... Or were they conscripted and forced to fight against their will? Make it up! One paragraph minimum.)

Character Class: (What Class of combatant is your character? See the classes section of the Lore and Terminology segment for more information.)

Class Info:

For Elemental mages only, leave this out if you're anything else:
Spoiler:

For Beast Masters only, leave this out if you're anything else:
Spoiler:

For all other classes, leave this out if you're a beast master or Elemental Mage:
Spoiler:

Personal Info:

Likes: (Three or more things that your character really likes! Feel free to use as much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with.)

Dislikes: (Three or more things that your character really despises! Feel free to use as much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with.)

Personality: (The dark and brooding anti-hero? The righteous fighter for justice? The apathetic and fun loving comic relief? Who is your character? What do they act like? What's their personality like and how do they tend to behave around others? Try to be more creative then the typical archetypes listed! ^^'' 2 + Detailed paragraphs.)

History: (What was your characters life like before, during and after the Dragons Advent? Just what events lead to them now marching to Pharus on the front lines? Nobody starts an adventure without a back story so what's your characters? 3 + Detailed paragraphs.)

Quote: (A nice little message from your character. Something to give us a general feel of how they speak to others. Feel free to link to an example of your characters voice here too if you want to really impress!)

Other: (Anything else? Any pieces of special information that you feel like just don't fit in anywhere else? Feel free to include them here.)

Code: (You should know what this is if you read the rules properly!)

iHfjoXL4B4xgm.gif

~Every RP has a set of rules to follow. Don't worry these aren't too bad. Just read them carefully and follow them as they are intended to be followed. Do that and you should be fine.~​

Number One:
Follow the rest of the damn rules.

Number Two:
Respect your fellow players and never bunny or god mod another players character unless given permission to do so.

Number Three:
In the event you end up fighting another player, then do not automatically hit them. That's just rude.

Number Four:
There will be an unlimited number of sign ups to this RP. That's right, players can keep joining indefinitely so long as applicable SU's continue to be submitted. The player faction is an army, so if you join later in the RP's lifespan then just have your character join in a random large scale battle as one of the FOH's many soldiers. It's a requirement that your character be in the army anyway, as any combat ready applicants were conscripted even if they did not willingly apply, so it's as simple as that.

Number Five:
I do not expect an incredible amount of dedication as I am aware that we all have lives. However I'd like it if people tried to post at least once or twice a week. If you want to post more than that then go ahead, so long as you don't make a double post it's fine, but the minimum is one to two posts a week. If you have a valid excuse for taking a hiatus then inform me beforehand through whatever medium you are most comfortable with and it is very unlikely that I will say no. I'm not a monster, technically.

Number Six:
Attempt to post in the OOC as often as you do the IC. The code is "Nobilis". Remember that the OOC is not only your OOC, but also your war room to decide which location your characters will move to next.

Number Seven:
I like long posts, they're more fun to read. However I'm not going to increase the minimum words per post or anything like that. More a guideline than a rule, but essentially I want you all to always strive to write as much as you can whenever you feel up to it.

Number Eight:
Their are two main types of post in this RP. Location posts, which take place in a location marked on the map and Travel posts, which take place on the journeys between locations. It is important to differentiate the two so as to make it easier to understand a characters location in a World as vast as Nobilis. I ask that you follow these guidelines while posting;

- When making a location post you are limited (obviously) to what you think would fit nicely into the location. (In other words, no giant spiders attacking your currently occupied city.) If your location is a human occupied city then combat will be very rare unless I decide to stage a monster attack on the area while you are present. Outside human occupied cities however, combat is fair game and monsters could attack at any moment. Always be sure to post the name of your current location somewhere when you make a location post.

- The rules with travel posts are much different. When making a travel post you must include somewhere in your post, the location you left from as well as the destination you are travelling to. Using the map in the Goals and Gameplay section of this post, do your best to base your travel posts around the various different types of terrain that exist between your destination and your starting point, just for the sake of realism. Yes, you can be attacked by monsters at any time while travelling, in fact it's almost a certainty. When travelling from the Western Island of Nobilis to the Eastern Island, you must first travel to The Aquacium Sea, from there you may then travel to your new location on either island.

Number Nine:
No. You can't go Insul Finem. Not yet anyway.

Number Ten:
The lore in the bestiary is absolute. When fighting monsters listed there you must follow their descriptions as best you can. Obviously abnormal behavior is possible, but try not to go too far outside the realms of understanding. (No talking direwolves or flying trolls.) The second, secret half of the code is "Draconis", post this beside with the first part. If you have an idea for a new monster or a variation of an already existing monster then please, by all means, suggest it to me through a message or here in the OOC. If it suits the setting then I'll almost certainly add it in.

Number Eleven:
Your character is not invincible, nor are they all powerful. Humans have the magic and skills that they have because they need them for survival. The creatures and monsters of this World are not to be trifled with and if you are attacked by a pack of fantastical beasts while alone then it would take a miracle for you to survive, no matter how strong a fighter you are. Some monsters don't even require packs to bring that level of threat, so try to keep in mind what you're up against when posting. One of this RPs main themes is that we are all, very unfairly at times, still human.

Number Twelve:
Reservations are accepted, though they are not strictly necessary as there are always available spots. Reservations only serve to get your name up on the opening post a little earlier than usual and to inform me that you intend to send a character in soon. Reservations will last three days and if a character is not submitted by then, then your name will be removed.

Number Thirteen:
Have fun. No seriously, do. That's what roleplay is all about! I created this roleplay in the way I did because I wanted to make something that players felt like they were properly involved and invested in, something rich in established detail yet open to a lot of player input. A world that would change with their actions and die with their failures. I didn't do any of this because I wanted you to feel pressured, but because I wanted you all to have a memorable writing experience. So please, enjoy yourselves and remember to relax and have fun with things every once and a while!

So-rare-Gif-1.gif

~Melee Classes~
Knights:
-
-
-
(More Spots will be added should these fill up.)

Rogues:
-
-
-

Nomad:
-
-
-

~Caster Classes~

Elemental Mages:
-
-
-

Necromancers:
-
-
-

Beast Masters:
-
-
-

~Ranged Classes~

Archers:
- Reserved for Deceptio.
-
-

Gunslingers:
-
-
-

Scoundrels:
-
-
-

"I would like to encourage users to always opt for the class with the least currently participating members for the sake of balance. However this is merely a request on my part and I won't stop you from picking any class you want unless a single class or class type starts getting way too much attention."

Disclaimer:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, this looks -very- interesting. I had a couple of questions though, if that's alright! For elemental mages, you wrote that they'd have to have a freed-up hand or staff or the like, and that they had to recite the correct words. Are all spells vocal, and will we need to think up what the characters can shout when they cast, or can we just write it so that they 'Shout their key phrase' instead of writing it out?

As a sidenote to the first question, say I'm a water mage and I decide to create a tendril of water. Would I then be able to control it like I would a limb? Could you use one spell as something slightly different than its main intention? Or is it strictly 'This spell does this and cannot do anything else'?

Second questions is for the necromancers. Will their only form of magic be to bring back undead to life? ... Unlife? Or will they be able to have other spells as well, such as, for instance, a spell to heal whatever injuries your undead minions might've taken, perhaps something that crosses over into dark magic as a shadow bolt as to not have them be totally defenseless on their own. And how long would reviving an undead last? Forever, until it's taken down or the mage wills it? Or is there a set time that it'll last?

Jay

Years
Well, this looks -very- interesting. I had a couple of questions though, if that's alright! For elemental mages, you wrote that they'd have to have a freed-up hand or staff or the like, and that they had to recite the correct words. Are all spells vocal, and will we need to think up what the characters can shout when they cast, or can we just write it so that they 'Shout their key phrase' instead of writing it out?

As a sidenote to the first question, say I'm a water mage and I decide to create a tendril of water. Would I then be able to control it like I would a limb? Could you use one spell as something slightly different than its main intention? Or is it strictly 'This spell does this and cannot do anything else'?

Second questions is for the necromancers. Will their only form of magic be to bring back undead to life? ... Unlife? Or will they be able to have other spells as well, such as, for instance, a spell to heal whatever injuries your undead minions might've taken, perhaps something that crosses over into dark magic as a shadow bolt as to not have them be totally defenseless on their own. And how long would reviving an undead last? Forever, until it's taken down or the mage wills it? Or is there a set time that it'll last?

Thank you for your interest in my RP! I would of course, be more than willing to answer all of your questions.

As for your first question, you may use whatever words you like when casting your spell so long as they sound somewhat mystical or magical. An easy way to achieve this effect is to use latin, though this is not a requirement at all. Each spell should have a different word or sentence associated with it, however what these words are are entirely up to you.

If one of your spells was to be a controllable water tendril then that would be fine! So long as you realize that it is just water, a tendril of water might be useful for a mage to use as a weapon, but it won't be any more useful than the common sword or crossbow. Think of attacks like these as a way to grant elemental mages capabilities more akin to other classes. However, the tendril could also be used for whatever the mage could think of using a tendril of water for.

To further elaborate, the spells function and what it can do is this; "This spell can create a controllable tendril of water." The spell cannot do any more than this, however what the mage DOES with the tendril is completely up to them. Creativity in spell use is encouraged!

In regards to necromancers, their only abilities magic wise are the restoration of the dead. However, it is encouraged that for the maintenance of these dead that necromancers work with other players. Risen are created by using the necromancers energy to fill an empty husk with life, by all means this means the creature IS technically alive while under the necromancers control and as such they can be healed by all normal forms of magic, potions, medicine, other forms of magic, etc. This is also why normal risen can be killed through normal means, swords, magic, arrows etc. as while under the influence of a necromancer they are closer to living things than conventional zombies.

Remember also that while being used by a necromancer, a risen will be able to use the skills they had in life... and they will use these skills to fight. If a necromancer summons a master swordsmen, then they have a master swordsmen on their side and not just a shambling corpse. This should help balance the otherwise lacking abilities of the necromancer class.

A risen will last until it is (re) killed or until the necromancer removes their aura from it. Using risen requires the necromancer to spread their own aura across multiple bodies, and as such managing multiple risen can tire them out quickly. Once a battle is finished, it is wise that a necromancer release their thralls as keeping them for prolonged periods of time would be bad for the necromancers health. The only risen dead that require specific methods to be dealt with are the powerful "lich" which can be read up on in the bestiary.

I hope this answers your questions! Should you wish to know anything else then please ask away.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Thanks for the answers! Since the necromancer's only ability as such as bringing the undead back, I'm afraid that I'll have to look for a different class to play, should I decide to join.

I did have a slight variant of my first question, though. What if an earth mage, say, conjures a large rock. I'd assume the mage could will the rock to fly around, generally manipulate it to move about or thrust it forwards at high speed. But would the spell be limited to that, or would they be able to, say, force the rock to explode into a barrage of smaller rocks, break the rock in two and control them individually? Or would the spell simply be 'Summon a rock projectile that is fired immediately'?

Jay

Years
To keep this balanced, the most an Earth mage would be capable of doing is picking up a large rock and hurling it, perhaps being able to manipulate it for a few moments before eventually hurling it (rocks can be rather destructive after all, especially in a fantasy setting). It could be a different spell entirely that might allow the mage to make the rock explode, but no one spell would be capable of doing that much. Not to mention, Earth magic isn't generally considered an offensive magic type in this world, being used mostly to push foes back and build up defenses. Like water magic, Earth magic is more support based and seeing an Earth mage with that much offensive power would be quite rare and unorthodox in Nobilis. The same could apply to a mage using fire or wind magic with a primarily supportive role in mind.

This is not to say that this sort of behavior is impossible, just not generally done... as the defensive elements could never really reach the levels of offense that fully powered offensive elements could. (And vice versa of course.)

Years
Gonna take my time to read through all of this information and sign up, will edit this comment with my sign up. This looks awesome.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Gonna take my time to read through all of this information and sign up, will edit this comment with my sign up. This looks awesome.

Wow someone took interest. =D I was beginning to worry that this was truly doomed to fail. Of course, take all the time you need. Remember that not all of the info present is immediately necessary when signing up!

Years
Wow someone took interest. =D I was beginning to worry that this was truly doomed to fail. Of course, take all the time you need. Remember that not all of the info present is immediately necessary when signing up!

Yeah, I just have a huge thing for fantasy lore. I love to immerse myself in it.

Jay

Years
Yeah, I just have a huge thing for fantasy lore. I love to immerse myself in it.

I know exactly what you mean. That was the inspiration behind Ascent really, I wanted to create an RP that not only had a set purpose and plot for players, but also a rich lore behind the World.

I didn't want to create another "Fantasy World C" I wanted it to be a somewhat unique location with it's own background, monster population and locations.

Though so far that strategy hasn't worked out so well in attracting people... but hopefully that will turn around soon!

Years
I know exactly what you mean. That was the inspiration behind Ascent really, I wanted to create an RP that not only had a set purpose and plot for players, but also a rich lore behind the World.

I didn't want to create another "Fantasy World C" I wanted it to be a somewhat unique location with it's own background, monster population and locations.

Though so far that strategy hasn't worked out so well in attracting people... but hopefully that will turn around soon!

That may be because it's a very ambitious project, but I'm definitely interested in it. I'd love to see how this turns out. Maybe people are getting their sign ups together before posting?

Jay

Years
That may be because it's a very ambitious project, but I'm definitely interested in it. I'd love to see how this turns out. Maybe people are getting their sign ups together before posting?

I'd love for that to be the case but... bah I'm not one to give up. This thread will remain open for SU's until a moderator forcefully closes it or until the RP starts and ends I say!

Years
One question: does dual wielding take up your primary and secondary weapons, or does the dual-wielded weapon count as one slot? I was thinking of having my character wield twin scimitars, and have his secondary be throwing knives.

Jay

Years
One question: does dual wielding take up your primary and secondary weapons, or does the dual-wielded weapon count as one slot? I was thinking of having my character wield twin scimitars, and have his secondary be throwing knives.

Dual wielding a weapon does unfortunately take up both slots yes. Dual wielding is considered a difficult and demanding discipline to learn in Nobilis, more closely mirroring the real world equivalent. It's actually quite a rare skill that's used effectively with even less frequency.

Years
Dual wielding a weapon does unfortunately take up both slots yes. Dual wielding is considered a difficult and demanding discipline to learn in Nobilis, more closely mirroring the real world equivalent. It's actually quite a rare skill that's used effectively with even less frequency.

Okay. I still wanna have him dual wield, so I'll lose the knives. I'll have my SU up tomorrow.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I've definitely interested. This looks pretty awesome. I'm gonna leave this here for when I'm ready to start. I have one question. Are the nomads like monks? Like, if I wished, I could fly into some crazy spin kick instead of needing a weapon?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Okay. I still wanna have him dual wield, so I'll lose the knives. I'll have my SU up tomorrow.

Excellent. I look forward to seeing it.

I've definitely interested. This looks pretty awesome. I'm gonna leave this here for when I'm ready to start. I have one question. Are the nomads like monks? Like, if I wished, I could fly into some crazy spin kick instead of needing a weapon?

Great to see more interest! The Nomads are more akin to travelling mercenaries with exotic tastes. Remember, your characters identity and back story can be absolutely anything. Their class is just the school of combat they chose to study.

If you want to be a badass martial arts monk nomad whom uses fist weapons or whatever then go right ahead!

Years
I'm definitely interested in this. It sounds amazing and well thought out. I'm still debating on what kind of Caster I'm going to make. I'm leaning towards a Water Mage.

In regards to the Necromancer, even if the Necromancer reanimates the corpse of a dead caster, it is still incapable of using magic? Also, are necromancers only able to reanimate dead humans, not dead beasts?

Years
FINALLY FINISHED. I'll just make a new post instead of editing my first comment.

Character Name: Damian Ashtad Aruna

Character Age: 25

Character Appearance: This is the best image I can find of what I had in mind, but with longer fuller hair, and slightly shorter stature.

Character Gender: Male

Hometown: Oracion

Reason for Joining the FOH:

Damian lived a simple life in Oracion. All he knew was fighting, and he knew that he needed money to live, so he took to fighting in the arena. Damian never showed any remorse, but he certainly never fought for glory. At least, that's what he tells himself. The reason Damian was able to survive in the arena for so long is because deep down, he despises everyone and everything that steps foot into the arena. He hates the scum that parade through the arena for glory or simply for the thrill of killing. He was happy to end them and felt fulfilled doing so. This same innate sense of justice is his driving force behind wanting to fight the Draconis army. That, and the fact that he really only knows how to fight. After seeing the attack on Oracion, he knew he had to fight the Draconis and reclaim the human cities. He just didn't know why.

Character Class: Nomad

Class Info:

Primary/Secondary Weapon: Damian dual-wields twin equally-weighted scimitars. They're not special in any way, other than that they can be put together to form one handle with two blades.

Personal Info:

• Fighting; it is pretty much the only vocation skill Damian has
  • Company; Damian is never one to turn down a friendly face
  • Heat; Damian loves hot, dry weather
  • Engineering; modern technology fascinates Damian, and whenever he can get a chance to tinker with some machinery (which isn't often) he'll take it

Dislikes:

• Criminals; Damian is a staunch believer in making an honest living -- unfortunately, there are few honest ways to make a living in Oracion
  • Cold; just as much as Damian loves hot weather, he can't stand cold weather
  • Magic; Damian doesn't necessarily hate magic users, he just has an aversion to magic -- he'd rather trust his weapons

Personality:

Contrary to what one would expect, Damian is a very good-natured person. He doesn't like conflict, and generally gets along well with people. He couldn't be described as an introvert or an extrovert; he falls somewhere in the middle. He won't start a casual conversation, but he won't turn away from one either. If he doesn't have a reason to dislike someone, he won't. But be wary of giving Damian a reason to dislike you; he'll let you know. Damian can also be described as very headstrong. Once he's decided on a course of action, he will stick with it until his dying breath.This comes from his unwavering sense of right and wrong. It's kept him alive so far, so he has no reason to think that he's ever made a wrong decision.

Damian can have a bad-natured side as well. When he's angry or distraught, he's a man of few words. He'll have a tendency to make rash decisions and become pretty violent when someone questions him. Damian will have no trouble settling an argument in a fight to the death, and cares little if he ends up being the one to lose. In his mind, if he loses, then he's wrong. He can also be a bit directionless. He doesn't have much to live for or much to do with his time. If Damian doesn't have his head locked onto a task, he can frequently be seen spacing out.

History:

Damian was born in Regalia unto a factory worker father and a mother who sold produce. Needless to say, they were not very wealthy. They lived in the slums until one day, when Damian was around one year old, his father died in a factory incident. Damian's mother took what money they had and bought a boat ride to Oracion, as it was the cheapest ticket. Unfortunately, she did not know why. That changed when they arrived. Damian's mother struggled to find any work that didn't include selling her body or putting herself in harm's way. When Damian was old enough, he began working at a market stall for petty cash. That was the way they lived for about nine years. Tragedy struck again when Damian come home one day to find his mother gone. There was no note, no trace of struggle, and no apparent reason.

After about a year or so, Damian's home was evicted, so he pawned off all his belongings and began living on the streets. One day while begging, a man asked him why such a young boy was begging on the streets. Damian explained what happened to the man, who simply replied, "I'm surprised it didn't happen to you sooner." As he walked away, he dropped two small, crude daggers in front of Damian. Damian grimly understood. At first, it was petty thievery. Mostly from the arena betters who were hording their wealth or the rare noblemen who were passing through. But Damian got better. Eventually, he was performing assassinations for the local enforcement, but staunchly refused when he felt like the job wasn't "righteous." Tired of Damian's frequent insubordination, they sold him out to the arena, where he was forced to fight other warriors and whatever wild beasts was unfortunate enough to make it to Oracion.

Damian couldn't help but drop his mouth at his first pay from the arena. Of course, he was getting a small cut ("15%", but Damian doubted his employers knew such complex math), but it was much more than the bounties he was collecting. For the first time, Damian was able to walk into a store that didn't just sell bottom-of-the-barell produce. Aside from basics of living, Damian didn't really spend much at all, though. The largest payment he had ever made was for twin scimitars that came together to form on handle. Damian frequently trained with these scimitars, and became one of the few arena fighters to dual wield, which impressed the audiences even more, thus increasing Damian's pay. But extra money meant nothing to anyone once the Draconis army came marching into Oracion. Damian came running to the front line, but by the time he got there, the Draconis army was already attacking. The sight of their viciousness made Damian understand that he can't fight. It would mean death, and Damian had nothing to die for in Oracion. So, he fled, but he swore to himself that he would repay his debt to Oracion for escaping.

Quote:

"Maybe what I do isn't very nice. Maybe it's wrong. Maybe there's a better way. Maybe in another reality, I'd have been given another opportunity. But this is not that reality. And make no mistake, I do wish things were different. For now, I just carry my burdens and hope they don't weigh me down too hard."

Other:

Damian may have grown up as a street urchin, but he's not uneducated. His mother was fairly knowledgeable and taught Damian regularly. He can read, write, and do math. Most importantly, he happens to be a fairly fast learner.

Code: Nobilis Draconis

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I'm definitely interested in this. There's a lot of info to read though, so I'll take my time looking through before I post my SU.
Just a thought, is it possible to be a beast tamer and another class?
I'm already getting ideas and I was thinking my character could be an archer but with a pet...
I wanna post my SU but I need some one to respond so I don't get done for double posting :(

Last edited:
Back