• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Ketchum vs Red.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Pokemon Origins Red, to be precise. Of the two, who did you like better? Ash or Red, and who would win in a battle if the two were to verse eachother?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Well if I'm debating the stronger from the two, I think it'd be Red because he's more consistent with his victories, became champion, and even defeated Mewtwo with Mega-Charizard to capture it.

As for who I prefer, well, I honestly like them both: Red is a trainer who stands up for what he believes in, even when it came down to stopping Team Rocket all by himself. He has his moments of development when Brock came to teach him about believing in his pokemon when he was struggling for the "answer for his travels".

Ash, while he's not the best trainer, he has a never-give up attitude that I admire, with a think-outside-the-box way of thinking in his battles. In all honesty, I think the majority of Ash's battles are more entertaining to watch than the few we see with Red - Red uses more power and takes advantage of type advantages during battle, while Ash sticks to his unorthodox methods. He does have great developments during X/Y, which heck, he's arguably going to his peak now!

So all in all, I like them both, but, I think Red just has the edge in strength, is all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Ash.Although he loses everytime, he has shown a lot of improvements (particularly in XY).
    If they battled, Red would win with his Mew Two and all, but personally, i don't like him to be the anime character. Ash is more suited as the protagonist of an anime more than Red.
    Agreed, its sad to see the protagonist lose every single time but, its even more boring to see the anime if he wins everytime.Also i lie the idea of giving the protagonist a limited set of pokemon which he could train rather than catching all and training some.

In Short: Preference: Ash
    Who's Stronger? Red
    Who is better as a protagonist of the anime? Ash

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
    Red is surely powerfull than Ash.But there's something abt Ash that makes him quite special.We have seen him winning the battles when odds didnot favoured him. Although Ash was pretty weak in BW (The Reboot really sucked), but if he battled Red, there's a chance that he might do the most unexpected thing here and defeat Red as we have seen him do that many times...

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I choose Ash.
    Sorry, but one of the things that I hate most in the origins is Red. He doesnt even developed his character in all the series, not even in battle because he just throws his pokemon randomly until he uses charizard and win. Is the same guy before and after his adventure.

Already, those ovas are just fanservise and a very long comercial for the megas, if they at least focused his story in one theme and developed the character of Red, they could be better. But,they doesnt have time for adapt all the game in just four ovas. So, we just get random sh4t for the nostalgia. Nothing more.

At least and even with the reset Ash has development. Like human being and like a trainer.

Last edited:

dva

professional couch potato 🍬
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Personally, I prefer Red, but the only series I've watched recently besides Origins is the original and Indigo League, so I'm not exactly up to date.

Back