• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

MediocreKen

Started with blue version
Years
  • ok every season i think ash spends a year (10 when he started, ever season he ages 1 year) so i guess hes 16 17? not sure, just a guess.

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
  • He looks pretty small if you compare him to Hikari (Who is 10) so I presume he's about 11/12.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • He is and always will be 10, the show is simply a loop, every season they reboot Ash so he is again 10, so, in truth, no time has passed at all. Look at the Simpsons or Family Guy, no one on either of those shows has truly aged, they've all had a birthday or two but no aging, Pokemon hasn't had even that, all the characters are the same age they were when they began. And this is how it will always stay...

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Good question, but i don't know exactly its answer, For me, he seems to be 15-16 years old.

Years
  • Graw! Katsu got it before I could!

In Hidaka's interview the reply to "Will they ever age?" was "No."

So he hasn't aged apparently. D: But...Then why did his voice get deeper? (In the Japanese anyway.) I recently listened to the original series, then to DP. o_o It's gotten deeper and more...gruff?

Cronos

Im Back ;)
    Years
  • At First When Ash Gets Pikachu His Voice Was Very Childish Then After He Finished About 3 Gyms There His Voice Changes And Remains The Same Till The End,The Kid Actually Is About 14-17 Years Old Considering How Long Each Journey Took

Years
  • Mehhh. I just wish that they'd give him some more height. seeing how long the journeys took he should be about 16

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • come on people its a show wat does it matter how old he just watch the show and be happy its stiill around after so long its been here since i was like five im fourteen now.
    and also if you relly want to know hes ten its a show he doesnt have to age as people seem to be going nuts because they cant figure out the math thats because theier is none

PokemonCrystalWhite

...Don't mess with me...
    Years
  • I for one think maybe 14ish......I mean Pokemon has been going on for years so I think he aged plus I think the had a birthday party for ash in one Episode! :) :)

brian11301993

I Am Sofa King Good
    Years
  • I believe the creators keep Ash at 10 years old as an appeal to the majority of the shows audience (most of whom are also around 10 years old...with no offence to the older viewers...myself included). It just leaves out the confusion and makes Ash more marketable and audience friendly.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Have you noticed his new voice sounds like it's starting to go through puberty?
    I think it sounds horrible, though.
    It's really annoying that the show always suggests chemistry between Ash and all the supporting girls.
    If they ever include an AshxDawn thing, we'll either know he's still 10-12,
    or we'll know that...
    ASH IS A PED!

Last edited:

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I'd have to say...

Kanto & Orange Islands - One Year
    Johto - One Year
    Hoenn & Battle Frontier - One Year
    Sinnoh - One Year

So I would say Ash should be around 13-14ish

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2008
    He probably isn't being aged in the anime , and if he is/will be i would have to say he would be about 11-13 right now.

Back