• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'm wondering... who is Ash's father?

He was mentioned in episode 2

Ash's Mom: "Wow you're already in Viridian City?! It took your father 4 days to get ther when he started. I'm sure he'll be proud"

From that sentence i either thought he was somewhere far away from kanto or dead

i think remember how ash starts at 10 and ash's mon knows how long it took ash's dad to get to virdiain city genarly meaning ash's dad started when he was older and with ash's mom meaing he's always one reigon ahead of ash like so...

Ash Kanto = Ash's Dad Johto
    Ash Johto = Ash's Dad Hoenn
    Ash Hoenn = Ash's Dad Sinnoh
    Ash Sinnoh = Ash's Dad ?????? or Dead by the time he's traveled for as long as ash has but longer.

So any guesses?

devilicious

dream
    Years
    It's a common belief that Ash's father is Team Rocket's leader Giovanni. Nothing has been proven yet, though.

Anyway, you made this thread in the wrong place. Here is Pokémon General, and this belongs at Pokémon TV Show and Movies.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    It'd be a sweet plot twist if Giovanni was Ash's father.
    But I doubt it's true. It's the dubbed show, remember?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Since this is about the anime, it's better suited for the Pokemon Anime forum, found right under Pokemon General.

-Moved-

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Giovanni isn't his dad people. Nothing has been confirmed regarding this question. Also Lad08, your theory about where Ash's dad has been is flawed. He could've traveled long before Ash.

Anyway, Pokémon Live was a 4Kids creation IIRC, and even if it was canon she said that she had a history with him. If it was true, why are threads like this still being created?

I believe that Ash's father is a character that hasn't appeared.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I thought Giovanni was ???'s (your rival in GSC) father...

Yeah... this is what I was thinking- and I can't imagine Ash's dad being Giovanni.
    But it would be funny Jesse/James "We finally stole the pikachu from that brat Ash Ketchm"
    Giovanni "What the heck, you stole a pokemon of no value from my son, I hate you!"

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I agree with Lugia; he's a character that hasn't yet appeared in the anime.

These threads are like a long-drawn out episode of Jerry Springer. There are 4334589735908 possible fathers, an argument starts about how ditzy the mother is for sleeping with that many men, fists fly, the audience eats their popcorn, and then everyone goes home ultimately dissatisfied. :(

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
    Years
    I agree with Lugia; he's a character that hasn't yet appeared in the anime.

These threads are like a long-drawn out episode of Jerry Springer. There are 4334589735908 possible fathers, an argument starts about how ditzy the mother is for sleeping with that many men, fists fly, the audience eats their popcorn, and then everyone goes home ultimately dissatisfied. :(

People, I believe we have a winner. *Hands you a golden cookie*

Don't ask why, please... Just accept this token of the omniscient one. XS

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Or how about the possibility that The Pokemon Company hasn't even decided who his father is yet? I mean, they usually have a hard time keeping anything secret as is, so why would the identity of Ash's father be any different?

Years
    I'm 98% sure there is another thread that already did this to DEATH.
    But I don't think it's Giovanni. No.

In Pokemon Live!, a japanese Pokemon Musical, Delia (Ash's mom) said that none other than the freak without eyebrows, leader of team rocket, Giovanni is Ash's dad. Shocker isn't it?

Pokemon Live isn't Japanese and it's not Canon. And theyre's still debated on if she said that or someone messed it up and she said "I hung out with Giovanni and became a better woman when I met your father."

Guest123_x1

This topic has been discussed over and over... and over...

As I said before, we will likely never know who Ash's real father is. It's something that's being kept a deep secret (as in classified security information).

Years
    This topic has been discussed over and over... and over...

As I said before, we will likely never know who Ash's real father is. It's something that's being kept a deep secret (as in classified security information).

Well there was an interview with one of the directions of the anime on PokeBeach and he said "Satoshi's grandfather traveled as a trainer and so did his father." But it's such a let down I bet most people ignored it.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Maybe Ash's Dad died during his adventure. Though I don't think ANYBODY dies in Pokémon. It's just a possibility. Nobody knows. For all we know, Misty could be his dad....O_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back