• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Silly people, his dad is really Mr Mime!

Nah, but I believe, if he is still alive, that he is somewhere with Lucas' dad, as they are both M.I.A., even though Lucas' dad had a mention in D/P/Pt by Palmer.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • see there is one detail that could give the oak is the father theory some more ground: is ash's father on a pokemon journey in the japanese version or only in the english version?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    see there is one detail that could give the oak is the father theory some more ground: is ash's father on a pokemon journey in the japanese version or only in the english version?

... Good question. Anyone here watch the Japanese version?

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • lol the japanese version goes into the identity of ash's dad in frickin master quest. the american dubbers decided to ignore the information because they wanted to keep ash's dad more mysterious (ive never actually seen the episode but its suppose to be really boring... like hes some random gym leader or somtin.)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    lol the japanese version goes into the identity of ash's dad in frickin master quest. the american dubbers decided to ignore the information because they wanted to keep ash's dad more mysterious (ive never actually seen the episode but its suppose to be really boring... like hes some random gym leader or somtin.)

Er, no it doesn't o.O The only time he's been mentioned is the 2nd episode in Japanese, where his grandfather was mentioned to, I remember

Years
  • [Eighteen] What song will they play at your wedding?
    Song: Hoenn Pokerap
    Comments: THE NAME SAYS IT ALL. I WILL MARY GAMEFREAK!

[Twenty Five] Will you ever have children?
    Song: The Power of One - O-Town
    Comments: Oh fff- I'm having the freaking chosen one! D: My worrying day will only get worse.

Gamefreak is Ash's father and I AM HIS MOTHER! :| Delia was just some hobo that I gave him to so I didn't have to take care of him.

/crack

Not much has ever been said in Japanese or English.

Last edited:

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • But if Oak was his dad that would make Gary Ash's.... nephew =)) that's would just be odd lol.

Also, his mum never calls Oak his dad, she always refers to him as "professor Oak"

The whole Giovanni thing makes more sense, but I don't really think so /:

2. And do you realize how LAME it would be for Giovanni to be Ash's dad? Really, how many times have we heard the 'I am your father' line?
    lmao, good point =))

The day we found out who Ash's father is is the day we see Ash have a girlfriend.
    When hell freezes over?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back