• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I've beleived since the beginning that Ash's father is Giovanni. Ash''s mom didn't say that she had an affair with him, she just said that she had dated at one time Giovanni. But there are some contradictions. Such as Delia saying that his father would be proud of Ash after putting down Team Rocket. The leader of that organization wouldn't be proud of Ash beating his Team.
    I also think there is a strong possiblity that it's Ho-Oh, as mentioned before. You know, like a "Virgin mother" kind of thing. A greater power conceives a child in a mother of it's choice, like in the Bible, or in some Greek myths. But once again, this arrises the "Your father would be proud" thing.
    So here's my theory: Ho-Oh concieved Ash in his mother. But around the same time, Deliah was having a relationship with a man, but it ended. If the father died, or ran off to become a famous trainer, i dunno. But that's the best i can come up with. And that's where the anime leads me to think.
    But I think the actual answer is that Ash's father has no identity, because the anime hasn't clearly stated the identity. If they do reveal Ash's father, then I think it will be someone that hasn't yet been seen.

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
    You know, like a "Virgin mother" kind of thing. A greater power conceives a child in a mother of it's choice, like in the Bible, or in some Greek myths.

Yes that`s im speaking about. Jesus or budda-loutos-elephant thing... But anyway that s anime. Not soap opera. No place for loving, relationships and other bull excriments)

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    I've beleived since the beginning that Ash's father is Giovanni. Ash''s mom didn't say that she had an affair with him, she just said that she had dated at one time Giovanni. But there are some contradictions. Such as Delia saying that his father would be proud of Ash after putting down Team Rocket. The leader of that organization wouldn't be proud of Ash beating his Team.
    Can we please stop using that horrible, horrible non-canon stage show as a basis for our ideas? Please?

Chibaymega12

Years
    I didn't quite get the meaning of what you're trying to say... I'm intitled to my own beleifs, as you are to yours, so I'll explain them as i like to explain them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    I didn't quite get the meaning of what you're trying to say... I'm intitled to my own beleifs, as you are to yours, so I'll explain them as i like to explain them, got it n00b?
    The meaning of that was that Sakaki dating Hanako briefly was made-up by Pokemon Live!, which isn't canon.

Also, using "n00b" as an insult is really, really retarded. Especially towards a person who wasn't insulting you in the first place. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I didn't quite get the meaning of what you're trying to say... I'm intitled to my own beleifs, as you are to yours, so I'll explain them as i like to explain them, got it n00b?

Also, using "n00b" as an insult is really, really retarded. Especially towards a person who wasn't insulting you in the first place. :/

Seriously.

It's also speculation that Silver(not me, or manga) could be his father. The guy with Chikorita and Salamence. Hmmm...

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    I don't think that Giovanni can be Ash's father, nor can Prof. Oak.
    We have to considerate that the anime is made for the children.
    They just can't put the master villain of the history being the hero's father. Would be too traumatic to the little kids!
    Also, what would they think if Ash's mom DATED Prof. Oak? I mean, this is totally possible, but let's try to see this like kids:
    "OMGGG, ASH'S MOTHER DATED THAT UGLY OLDY PROFESSOR! O______O"

So, Ash's father would probably be a nice, good-looking, strong man.

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Lance is a good guess. I think that ash's father either got divorced or died.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    He might've died.

When I was little, I thought that his dad was still on his journey. xD Or that he didn't want Ash anymore so he ran away.

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    ^^
    Yea. you've got it right on the dot.
    That is almost definitly what it is.

Chibaymega12

Years
    The meaning of that was that Sakaki dating Hanako briefly was made-up by Pokemon Live!, which isn't canon.

oh... hehe... sorry 'bout that... I thought you were trying to be a smart A...
    Wait... There is an episode in which Deliah/Sakaki said that she had had a relationship with Giovanni/Hanako... Maybe i'm mistaken...

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    oh... hehe... sorry 'bout that... I thought you were trying to be a smart A...
    Wait... There is an episode in which Deliah/Sakaki said that she had had a relationship with Giovanni/Hanako... Maybe i'm mistaken...

No, that was in Pokemon Live!, a play. It's not to be taken seriously.

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    i dont remeber ash's mom saying she had an affair.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    People, please, let's use logic.

I don't think that Giovanni can be Ash's father, nor can Prof. Oak.
    We have to considerate that the anime is made for the children.
    They just can't put the master villain of the history being the hero's father. Would be too traumatic to the little kids!
    Also, what would they think if Ash's mom DATED Prof. Oak? I mean, this is totally possible, but let's try to see this like kids:
    "OMGGG, ASH'S MOTHER DATED THAT UGLY OLDY PROFESSOR! O______O"

I half agree on that. Oak can't be his father by:

PPP (Possible Past Pedophilia.)
    Ash is Gary's uncles. Which means
    Incestive Palletshipping

So if you're a Palletshipper, beleive Oak is Ash's father, and dislike incestivity, prepare to feel dumb, confused, and all mushed up in the brain :)

I DON'T agree on Giovanni not being Ash's father. I never saw Pokemon Live nor do I support their hints but if you even bothered to take out your noobness and read the thread, I beleive there is sufficient evidence to conclude Giovanni as Ash's father

Hey skettles, can I steal that pic from u 4 a sec? I need to give my friends a laughter stroke.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    He might've died.

When I was little, I thought that his dad was still on his journey. xD Or that he didn't want Ash anymore so he ran away.
    The former is most likely true, because when Hanako mentioned his father and his grandfather in the second episode, it implied that setting off to become a Pokemon Trainer was sort of a men's tradition in the family, or a common trait.

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
    Recap

Hmmmm...from What I've seen, the guesses are:

numbah 1: Prof. Oak
    strong points: time travelling with Celebi to do Delia
    weak points: He's old and it might be like pedophelia. And Delia does not show any "wifey" affection towards the old man even when they live in the same town.

numbah 2: Ho-oh
    strong points: The big birdie could've impregnated Delia like how the virgin Mary did.
    weak points: Eewww!! Birdie sex! But, although Latias, Latios, Mew and Ditto can imitate human anatomy and possibly reproduction, Ho-oh is never seen or recorded having or using this ability.

numbah 3: Giovanni
    strong points: In Pokemon Live!, Delia mentioned that he dated Giovanni. And with Giovanni's articulate linguistics and manipulative nature, plus he's a large macho man in a suit and leader of an organization that he can just lie about and just say it's a good organization, it is plausible that Giovanni can seduce Delia or any other woman for that matter.
    weak points: Although Giovanni is a little bit of an alpha male, demented, but still an alpha male, there is no anime or in-game canonical proof (since Pokemon Live! is not canonical) that Giovanni is Ash's father. And they can't use the cliche Star Wars villain "I'm your father" thingy because they could get sued by copyright and infringement and legal stuff like that by the Star Wars makers. Besides, Giovanni would have trained Ash to be an elite Team Rocket executive instead of not supporting him in any way.

numbah 4: Norman
    strong points: I dunno, really, Norman is May's father. May does look a litle bit like Delia, but c'mon, they almost all look alike.
    weak points: Norman already has a woman that he did it with to make May and it wasn't Delia.

numbah 5: Pikachu
    strong points: Pikachu is cute.
    weak points: He's not that cute, seriously.

numbah 6: Prof. Hale
    strong points: Wasn't it Professor Hale, father of Molly Hale that Entei befriended? The Professor that specializes in legendary Pokemon research and got trapped by the unown in the Mystery of the Unown movie. Think about it, mr Hale lost his wife and Ash's mom seemed to got extra worried to know that mr Hale was involved in the tragedy (the unown crystallization thingy) in the movie. And that was before she knew that Ash was in the same area where the tragedy occured. Mr Hale and him even have a picture together, taking a vacation in Pallet town when Ash and Molly were still young. Not to mention that Entei went after Ash's mom when Molly Hale (Prof. Hale's daughter) was looknig for a mom. Entei must've detected some relation between Molly and Ash's mom for him to have picked her because there are surely many other moms in that area that he could just as easily find because of his incredible running speed.
    weak points: It would mean that Ash is an illegitimate son of Prof. Hale and a bad influence to children.

numbah 7: an unkown gym leader/trainer.
    strong points: the "unknownibility", so we won't really know.
    weak points: If it was a gym leader, Ash must've encountered him in a gym match before. And it doesn't need to be an official Gym because Ash battled so many unofficial and Pokemon leage unaccredited gym leaders before. Example, A.J. and that fighting gym in Saffron (although he didn't fight the fighting gym leader, it was shown in the episode and Ash didn't recognize him as his father). It could be an unkown trainer, but if that is so, then it is going to stay unkown.

numbah 8: Silver
    strong points: Strong relationship in the Manga.
    weak points: The manga isn't canonical.

numbah 9: Lance
    strong points: Lance and Delia would look good together. And Ash and him have similarities.
    weak points: Why wouldn't Delia say that Ash's father is a League Champion? Any son would be proud!

So, overall, from level of plausibility/possiblity, only Giovanni and Prof. Hale is possible to be his father. But....I'd go for Prof. Hale.

Last edited:

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    And they can't use the cliche Star Wars villain "I'm your father" thingy because they could get sued by copyright and infringement and legal stuff like that by the Star Wars makers.
    How is it copyright infringement? If that was the case, A LOT of movie directors would've gotten their butts in court. :|

Back