• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's journey

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • It was a good run, but it went for far too long. It was about time he left to make space for someone new. I just wish the new anime had been a more straightforward adaptation of the games instead of a freeform Pokémon anime, though. There are so many characters we haven't seen in animated form yet!

...the only downside is that we likely wouldn't have gotten Prof. Friede, and the thought of no Prof. Friede makes my day a tad greyer. Nevermind, keep it freeform so I can finally get to see him and his precious Captain Pikachu in mid-April. 😊

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also think after Kalos they should have ended Ash's Journey and let him win there instead of Alola. I know people defend Ash's Championship win in Alola, but it was such a terrible way to let him win. It was like they realized he should have won in XY so they made the weakest possible tournament. Yeah his battle between Galdieon and Kukui were great, but he should have never gotten there. Hau should have won and they only reason he didn't, was because they allowed Rowlet to wake up which goes completely against the rules of a Pokemon Battle in the anime.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Ash battled and beat actual Champions in Journey, but Alola just sat very wrong with me.

I am also annoyed that they went to freeform anime and aren't even having a time skip. It didn't even have to be linked to Ash, but man... after all these years of us wanting Ash to age and they still didn't age him is annoying. I wanted a manga and maybe after what the woman from Netflix said about manga and stuff, maybe we will finally get a Manga adaption in the future.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    What did you think of Ash's companions on Ash's journey? (Brock, Iris, Cilan, Max/May, Tracey, Dawn, Goh and/or Misty)? Did you think that any of Ash's Pokemon that he met on his journey will return (Pidgeot, Lapras, Primeape and/or the few dozen Tauroses)? What of Pikachu's fate?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I stopped at 4th season. Most thought henceforth the anime is a milking cow. The contents were random and no original. However, It remained a good watch for little children.
    I hink Ash should´ve developed more on many social levels (love life, weaknsses, aging factor, etc.), and script writers should´ve decentralized protagonists in-early anime. Ash´s journey was positive one overall and impacted may rea and fictional individuals.

Back