• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Asia Argento accused of sexual assault

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
You can find a number of articles via google, but I'll provide a snippet of one (from BBC) here just as a starter:

Italian actress Asia Argento was one of the first to speak out against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.
Legal documents (not seen by the BBC) show she paid a former co-star $380,000 (?298,000) after he alleged she had assaulted him in a hotel room in 2013, the New York Times reports.
A lawyer for Ms Argento declined to comment on the allegations.
The sheriff's department in Los Angeles county, where the alleged assault took place in 2013, have said they are trying to contact the alleged victim.
Ms Argento's accuser, Jimmy Bennett, was 17 at the time. The age of consent in California is 18. Ms Argento would have been 37 at the time of the alleged encounter.

Thoughts?

Years
If she did it, it's seriously fucked up and the publicity of this is going to be important in helping make people more conscious of the fact that women can be abusers and men victims. That's if she did it, I don't think there's enough evidence, going by that paragraph, to be certain one way or the other yet and I'm concerned that if she turns out to be innocent then it might be detrimental.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The reality is that, if she did it, basically every shit-tier person who was vehemently against the current surge of sexual assault reporting is going to feel like they're correct in saying that woman are lying about it. So, great, can't wait to listen to that dribble for days on end.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The reality is that, if she did it, basically every shit-tier person who was vehemently against the current surge of sexual assault reporting is going to feel like they're correct in saying that woman are lying about it. So, great, can't wait to listen to that dribble for days on end.
it's probably already happening really, those kinds of people don't really care much about the results or the truth probably

but it's not all bad though, as like gimme said, the world could use to take the sexual assault of males a little more seriously

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I don't know too much of this accusation, but from what I can tell it's just more of the same stunts the political left of Hollywood are performing to boost their own egos at the expense of another(s).

That is not to say sexual harassment of any sort is trivial, but considering the timing & political climate of these allegations, there is (probably) more to this than what meet the press.

And even if this prove to be fake news, this can certainly put a dent in the #MeToo movement if it hasn't already.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I don't know too much of this accusation, but from what I can tell it's just more of the same stunts the political left of Hollywood are performing to boost their own egos at the expense of another(s).

That is not to say sexual harassment of any sort is trivial, but considering the timing & political climate of these allegations, there is (probably) more to this than what meet the press.

And even if this prove to be fake news, this can certainly put a dent in the #MeToo movement if it hasn't already.

Not really. The people who support the #MeToo movement are generally smart enough to realize that her potentially being a sexual assaulter doesn't affect anyone but her. The millions of women reporting sexual assault aren't affected if this one woman happens to be a sexual assaulter. Plus, the majority of the people arguing against #MeToo are claiming that women are lying, not that they are also committing sexual assault.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
For the silent majority and/or those non-third wave feminist I could agree. However, I am mainly referring to the third wave feminists/white knight types who foam at the mouth toward the patriarchy on various mainstream outlets/blogs.

Back