• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    The IV calculators which were accessing the server's data to find the exact IVs for Pokémon have been taken down now with Niantic's latest 3rd party banning spree, so the next best thing is just to use one of the standard input data sites and hope for the best. A lot of the sites have an option to enter stats once and then to enter them again after powering up once - these tend to give a lot more accurate results so go for this method if you're looking for as much accuracy as possible.

Some third party apps actually managed to regain access to the Niantic servers like bots. They give precise IV of each pokemon. But i was looking for another solution other than using bots. I guess that's the best option for now.

Years
    Some third party apps actually managed to regain access to the Niantic servers like bots. They give precise IV of each pokemon. But i was looking for another solution other than using bots. I guess that's the best option for now.

I assume you realize this, but just in case...

With Pokeassistant, if you power up once or twice you'll usually get an accurate reading. True, it's not ideal to spend any stardust until you know you want to keep the Pokemon but if you can glance at the range first, find a nice range you're looking for, then test it with one power up--I've found this to be efficient enough.

In my opinion, that's the best there is right now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    What site should I go to for Pokemon Go type effectiveness?
    ign says bulbasaur is strong against fairy, water, electric, and fighting moves.
    but bulbapedia says its strong against grass moves also.
    (sorry I can't post a link)
    If someone could explain that would be helpful.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What site should I go to for Pokemon Go type effectiveness?
    ign says bulbasaur is strong against fairy, water, electric, and fighting moves.
    but bulbapedia says its strong against grass moves also.
    (sorry I can't post a link)
    If someone could explain that would be helpful.
    There's a type-chart here that you can use:

Remember that Pokémon learn moves which are a different type to what the Pokémon is - which moves does your Bulbasaur know?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    What's the function of height and weight? Are they just useless info for now? (I don't even get why the same species can have really varying sizes lmfao)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What's the function of height and weight? Are they just useless info for now? (I don't even get why the same species can have really varying sizes lmfao)
    Pretty much arbitrary from what people have experimented with so far, no one's found any correlation between Pokémon size and how strong they are or anything like that haha.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years

Oh, those are just for fun. Doesn't affect stats. It's fun to imagine your individual Pokemon are really large, tiny, fat, or skinny.
    There's been some amusing fanart on the topic.

Source

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Owning A Gym

So today I attacked and owned my first Gym. Not long after another Team took it over so I went and attacked it again but although I beat both Pokemon in there I didn't take the Gym back. I attacked a 3rd time and although I got them down to 0 health it didn't die and then I got a msg saying I had run out of time,is there any reason for this? Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Thanks,thought it might of been your not allowed to take over a Gym you've just took over for a certain period

Years
    What's the best way of finding rare Pokemons?

1. Level up. You will find rarer and stronger Pokemon the higher level you go.

2. Talk to people. Chances are that where you're playing there are other people playing as well. Ask them what they've found and where.

3. Nests. Talking to others should eventually lead to information on where there are nests, or, concentrations of spawn points for a particular type of Pokemon. If you're looking for Abra, ask around to see if there's an Abra nest in your area.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    The best thing to do is learn the good spawn points, keep walking down every road in your area and mark down the points where you see anything good, if you do that enough times you start to find that certain spots sometimes have rare Pokemon and then you just need to keep checking those spots often. I've learnt that at the end of my road often has rhyhorns, eevee's and seels
    Also I've heard people recommending downloading the ingress map as that has high concentration areas which Niantic turned into rare spawn points. I haven't got round to trying this yet but it makes sense

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    1. Level up. You will find rarer and stronger Pokemon the higher level you go.
    I don't feel like this is true is it? :o Surely Pokémon species spawn regardless of your level given they spawn in the world for every player to catch?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I don't feel like this is true is it? :o Surely Pokémon species spawn regardless of your level given they spawn in the world for every player to catch?

Yes and no, if a Pokemon has spawned then everyone will see it regardless of level but the chance of a Pokemon spawning is determined partly by how many people are in area and what level they are, it won't make a massive difference but it will help a bit

Years

They spawn, but at certain levels you won't even see them. This has happened regularly for me playing with lower level players who can't even see the Poliwhirl standing in front of us because they're too low level.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I've got a glitch here!
    See these little white rings? Those are Pokemon appearances. Those little rings are what you see underneath a close-by Pokemon within your reach.

But the Pokemon themselves are invisible, and I can't tap on them. I tried restarting the app and even my phone but I can't get this glitch to clear up. It made me miss an Abra, as well as some other silhouettes. Help, please! How do I clear up this bug?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Pokemon nearby vibrate

Does anyone know if the phone will vibrate when a pokemon is near when the app is running in the background but you are not watching the screen and the phone goes to locked screen?

As I walk a great deal as a hobby I cannot always have the app open and watching the screen. So I often just pop it in my pocket with the app still running of course.

Or is the case that you have to be watching the screen for it to vibrate.

Thanks I hope that makes some sense.

Back