• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    If the app is running then it'll vibrate but you do have to have the app loaded on your screen, you can't have loaded it and then swap out to a different app as that won't work. Regardless of whether you're looking at the screen or even if you have it in battery saver mode (when you hold it upside-down and the screen goes black but it's still running) it'll still vibrate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Er not sure Squirrel. What I do run the app so it is showing on the screen then just pop it in my pocket and it will automatically lock. I then from time to time just pick the phone up swipe and the app is there running. So will than still vibrate in my pocket or not. I don't press the home button before I put it in my pocket.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • They key word there is you say your phone locks, this means it is not actively running, but rather in the background. So you will not feel any vibrations of Pokemon nearby.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    I think I have got myself confused here, apologies. i have the S7 edge it automatically goes to a black screen after a short time Inpick it up swipe the screen and the app is there on the screen without having to press the icon

Years
  • I agree with FireSnow, once your phone locks the app is basically "cached" so that when you open your phone again it is right there without you having to press anything to enter it. However, while your phone's screen is off no new data is actually being sent tot your phone from the servers, so, you will not be pinged regarding the appearance of Pokemon.

If you adjust the settings in your phone so that it doesn't sleep for a longer period of time, you might be able to get away with it but you will have to ensure the screen does not lock in that time frame.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • It's also worth noting that checking "Vibration" in Pokemon Go settings only enables vibration while your phone is set to "no sound, vibration only." If you check Vibration and expect to hear both sounds and get vibration, it's not possible.

Also. I've noticed that an idle phone will stop updating the Sightings list. Which makes me wonder is it is tied to the accelerometer or GPS movement or something. Confirm/deny, anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    ^ thanks guys. Was just curious cause i wanna save my lucky egg in evolving pidgeys and also when egg is close to hatching

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • ^ thanks guys. Was just curious cause i wanna save my lucky egg in evolving pidgeys and also when egg is close to hatching
    Yes, when you're bulk evolving (not just Pidgeys, also any potential new Dex entries from evolutions), you should always try to simultaneously time hatching eggs (multiple if you have the extra incubators) within the 30-minute Lucky Egg duration.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • ^ thanks guys. Was just curious cause i wanna save my lucky egg in evolving pidgeys and also when egg is close to hatching

Yes, when you're bulk evolving (not just Pidgeys, also any potential new Dex entries from evolutions), you should always try to simultaneously time hatching eggs (multiple if you have the extra incubators) within the 30-minute Lucky Egg duration.

Well, keep in mind that if you're using PidgeyCalc or something of that nature, it maximizes your time by making sure you'll be filling the ENTIRE 30 minutes with evolving. The animation of an egg hatching will take up time, and you'll be able to cram in fewer evolutions than PidgeyCalc was indicating.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone found out, what influence the weight / size of a Pokemon has to its stats.
    Has anyone found out about that? My Pokemon all go to XS after evolving, even when starting from XL values.

Kind Regards,
    DigitalFlow

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
  • Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone found out, what influence the weight / size of a Pokemon has to its stats.
    Has anyone found out about that? My Pokemon all go to XS after evolving, even when starting from XL values.

Kind Regards,
    DigitalFlow

This was answered one page back in this thread, just below the big ol' type chart.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    For duplicated pokemons, should I keep highest IV or highest CP?
    Depends on just how high the CP is but in general you want to keep the one with highest IVs as you can just power it up to the same CP or higher but it'll be stronger in the end. If it's a 90% perfect Pokémon with 10 CP vs a 60% perfect Pokémon with 1000 CP then obviously go for the 60% version until you find a better one, but that's basically how it works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Depends on just how high the CP is but in general you want to keep the one with highest IVs as you can just power it up to the same CP or higher but it'll be stronger in the end. If it's a 90% perfect Pokémon with 10 CP vs a 60% perfect Pokémon with 1000 CP then obviously go for the 60% version until you find a better one, but that's basically how it works.

Let say I max out the 90% iv with 10 CP and 60% iv with 1000 CP, the 60% iv will have higher Cp by 10% only right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Ask simple questions here!

Can anyone please explain why the CP457 Nidoran seems to be farther along in it's powering up process? The circular bar thing clearly is closer to the end for it.

This is also backed up by the fact that to power it up it requires 3000 stardust and 3 candies, while the *higher* CP is still 2500 stardust and 2 candies. Can anybody explain this?

Back