• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assassin's Creed II

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I got a DLC map from pre-ordering the game. I had no idea there were up to 3 though. :o Maaan, I hope they bring them to the Live Marketplace at some point.

Years
    Thinking about buying this at the weekend.

Didn't particularly like the first one but the beauty of Venice might attract me.

Just two questions -

1) I've heard stuff about paying people to make distractions while you assassinate people, I wanted to know if this feature was pretty good because it sounds like a good tactic.

2) Is exploring Venice good?

Thanks. :D

Years
    I might get it, I watched some videos on youtube seems pretty good. I really like the new design of enzo uniform the most ^___^.

Edit:

What is What is assassins creed?(I'm a total noob...)
    Assassin's Creed is a third person action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released worldwide in November 2007 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 video game consoles,[1] and April 2008 for Windows. The game centers around use of a machine named the "Animus", which allows the viewing of the protagonist's genetic memories of his ancestors. Through this plot device, details emerge of a struggle between two factions known as the Knights Templar and the Assassins, over an artifact known as a "Piece of Eden" and the game primarily takes place during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land in 1191. The game received generally positive reviews, and won several awards at E3 in 2006.
    A sequel, Assassin's Creed II, was released in November 2009.

:3

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Just two questions -

1) I've heard stuff about paying people to make distractions while you assassinate people, I wanted to know if this feature was pretty good because it sounds like a good tactic.

I just finished ACII a few days ago, and it's an amazing game. I've spent over 40 hours on it so far. And in answer to your questions,

1) It's a pretty interesting tactic, yes, but it's not really necessary to assassinate your targets without being spotted. It's helpful if you have extra cash and you're surrounded by guards, but isn't an absolute necesity.

2) Exploring Venice is just like exploring all the other cities, but with more buildings and people to hire/assassinate. The graphics in the entire game, including Venice, are beautiful, so I'd say yes.

Years
    Just two questions -

It's a great alternative to fighting your way through. I use it when I'm on a timed mission and I need to quickly get past guards w/o being held up in a fight. The other thing I've learned to do lately is kill a guard and toss his body near a blockade to distract them.

YES. :cool: There's all sorts of side missions you can do, not to mention finding money all over the place. And Venice is just eye-candy in general, so you can't go wrong.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Well I went for it and bought it today.

It looks good on the whole but the opening hour (or two) is pretty frustrating.

Once you learn most of the skills and can explore more it gets great. The start is pretty boring.

@Lightning: Do you have to get all the secret locations for a trophy/achievement? I want to get them all but I didn't get the special edition version. (didn't have enough money on me) If I need all the secret locations I will go and buy the special edition and sell the one I have to a friend.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You get achievements for each assassin's tomb you visit so you have to hit up every secret location included in the game in order to get max achievements/trophies but you can get them all without the preorder/LE bonuses.

:( 'Cause I don't have 100% synchronization and I got 1000/1000G.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Just completed the 6th DNA sequence. Have spent a lot of time doing side missions and getting the trophys. I always try to have the one when I complete that game as the last one left. Don't really know why but I prefer it that way.

Although looks like I am going to have to buy the Special version as I need all the secret locations... and mine doesn't have them all.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Assassin's Creed III Wish List

Well, now that Assassin's Creed II is here. Time to be speculation stuff for the sequel. Although I don't actually OWN AC2, I keep hearing it's "more of the same" so, yeah.

As for me;

I wish the combat was better. When you're fighting a lot of people, Ezio/Altair might as well be killing one, then shouting," NEXT.". The combat needs some fine tuning.

And, yeah, that's really my only beef with the original.

Now for wishes.

If your going to reference Assassin's Creed in Prince of Persia, switching them around, would be nice.

As for the location...

Maybe France or England?

So, what do YOU want in Assassin's Creed III?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Merged the threads. No need for two Assassin's Creed threads.

As for me, I hope it's a Chinese/Japanese environment like some speculations before the second was announced. I'd love a jungle/forest looking environment and less of the desert and dry looking areas (only played AC so far).

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I've been playing on and off over the past week, and I'm pretty far now. I've been doing every sidequest along the way, so it's taken quite a while to get where I am (I'd assume it's about 2/3 of the way through, possibly more). So far, game's been great. I hope the ending's as awesome as everyone says. :D

Cherrim

Years
    I'm assuming the third game will just be Desmond in the current world since he's got all the makings of an assassin now, thanks to the bleeding effect. (Or well, all the makings of a 1500s assassin... I assume he'll need at least SOME training in modern weaponry. xD) But the scenario writer has said he can make "unlimited stories" in the AC universe, and considering it spans many centuries, I wouldn't doubt it. I vaguely remember 300 or 400th century Japan or China being mentioned in the first game... or maybe I'm making the dates up but I'm pretty sure some East Asian country was alluded to. There's so much they could do with the Pieces of Eden so even if it's not the setting of AC3, I'm sure a lot of settings would be compatible with the series.

I've love to see one take place in a more recent, democratic era. Dealing with all this corrupt nobility is all fine and dandy but getting kind of old. Some of the truth puzzles reference people like Abraham Lincoln (I think?) having a PoE... I think it'd be amazingly interesting to get a closer look at scenarios like that. :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm assuming the third game will just be Desmond in the current world since he's got all the makings of an assassin now, thanks to the bleeding effect. (Or well, all the makings of a 1500s assassin... I assume he'll need at least SOME training in modern weaponry. xD) But the scenario writer has said he can make "unlimited stories" in the AC universe, and considering it spans many centuries, I wouldn't doubt it. I vaguely remember 300 or 400th century Japan or China being mentioned in the first game... or maybe I'm making the dates up but I'm pretty sure some East Asian country was alluded to. There's so much they could do with the Pieces of Eden so even if it's not the setting of AC3, I'm sure a lot of settings would be compatible with the series.

I've love to see one take place in a more recent, democratic era. Dealing with all this corrupt nobility is all fine and dandy but getting kind of old. Some of the truth puzzles reference people like Abraham Lincoln (I think?) having a PoE... I think it'd be amazingly interesting to get a closer look at scenarios like that. :D
    I'd rather see the stuff about Edison or Hitler.

Cherrim

Years
    I was just throwing an example out there and that was the first one I thought if since I think it was also mentioned in the first game.

I also didn't want to be jumped on for wanting to see the Hitler and Churchill conspiracy they mentioned because "LOL THE WORLD DOESN'T NEED ANOTHER WWII GAME", etc.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I think people would be sick of politics by the end of MW2. XD;

The original AC was pretty much set in England, so there's no need for another. Italy was a nice place to visit in ACII, but I'm agreeing with Erica on this. ACIII will more than likely just be modern day Desmond Miles in a modern day world with modern day weapons and all the abilities of Ezio and Altair.

Cherrim

Years
    ...the original AC was set in the Middle East. o_O

Back