• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attack my minions, attack!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Attack my minions, attack!

Before you get to a final boss battle, one must first confront the grunts or the bottom of the litter of enemies. These may include the Kremlings from Donkey Kong, Goombas from Super Mario, Boomers from Gears of War, Poppy Bros. from Kirby, Super Mutants from Fallout, and many, many more. Who are your favorite lower-class of enemies in video games and why? And remember, this is more focused on the average enemy in a video game, not the bosses/mini bosses.

For me, I'd have to go with the Splicers from the Bioshock franchise. I've always thought they had an incredible character design with their morphed faces, and they have a pretty interesting background about how they were humans were were consumed by their addiction to Adam. I remember the Houdini Splicers specifically scared the crap out of me when they were first introduced in the game, and it's cool how they're one of the few enemies in the game who can actually use Plasmids against you.

Discuss!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This may be a strange answer and is somewhat in TV shows as well as games, but...

I'm fairly certain you fight against these in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and you can definitely play as them - and they're the weakest mobile suit ever. But they're so cute! I have an affinity for the little things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mettaur from Megaman Battle Network series is one of my favorites. They might not be that hard to defeat, but if you take them down quick enough, you get rewarded with Shock Wave battle chip (or was it called Guard? I forgot, haha). which could be pretty useful at times. Once utilized, it could block any attacks struck by the opponent and send them reflecting. Pretty cool, huh? :] I like Dominerd, too, but they could be sorta tough to go up against.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Hmm. Not sure if you want to count this.
    Wolf and his crew in starfox 64. You battled them twice and they sort of acted as a boss level. However, the main boss was Andross. It was always a fun little thing because you just shot at him and the others. And your time was filled with barrel rolls

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years

• For me, I'd have to go with the Splicers from the Bioshock franchise. I've always thought they had an incredible character design with their morphed faces, and they have a pretty interesting background about how they were humans were were consumed by their addiction to Adam. I remember the Houdini Splicers specifically scared the crap out of me when they were first introduced in the game, and it's cool how they're one of the few enemies in the game who can actually use Plasmids against you.

Discuss!
    Splicers are pretty cool, albeit kinda scary when you're not a shooter fan.......

I've not played that many games but then I'll have to admit, the Goombas from Mario are my favorite. Call me weird or whatever but I feel their design is epic.
    Goombas are just classic, I love them :D

One of my new favourites are the Midget Psychos from Borderlands. The first time I encountered them I didn't actually know what was screaming and running at me so I fired my SMG like crazy and them screamed and ran away lol... and once or twice after that I've been attacked by something and didn't know what until I looked down at the midget psycho trying to beat my knees up :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Necromorphs from Dead Space. I hadn't and still haven't played many shock games in my life so Dead Space really scared the crap out of me and still does. And Necromorphs are some of the coolest enemies imo. There was one in particular that are my favorite, they're the ones that like teleport short distances. I don't know and can't find the proper name for them but they're flip flappin awesome.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Metal Slimes from Dragon Quest.

In a game series where grinding is a must. Anything that can give an absurd amount of EXP is just fantastic. Metal Slimes in particular are great since they only have 4 HP. Of course they have very high avoid and tend to run away, but still if you manage to kill one it's essentially a free level.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The fairies from the Touhou games. They come in large numbers, and they can use a varying array of danmaku patterns, from dots to perfectly orchestrated and beautiful patterns. They're usually easy to kill, but fun to battle...

...just keep away from "Death Fairies", they have a large amount of health and huge patterns.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    My mind immediately jumped to Prinnies for some reason, although I'm not sure they'd technically count, since they're more playable henchmen than they are enemies most of the time...can't go wrong with penguins that explode when thrown though, dood.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • H.E.C.U Marines from Black Mesa Source! I found there voice acting perfect, there tactics challenging, and being a long time fan of the Grunts, fell in love with the design of the armor. Plus, with the face gen software, everyone has a relatively different face!

I use there models a LOT in gmod for poses and whatnot

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • goomba's.

need i say more? <3

they're so damn adorable and sometimes i think to myself...

'do they elect a leader?'

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh <3333

Back