• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August predictions

Years
    So, we had a thread to discuss possible news for US/UM in July 2017, but with the month coming to an end it's fair to say it's all but confirmed to be a drought month, so I figured time for a new thread for the next month.

Like the last thread, what news are you hoping to see get covered in August? What do you think will be shown in the next issue of CoroCoro or any trailers that drop? Are you hoping that August will finally be the start of the US/UM news coverage?

pkmin3033

All I expect from August is at least ONE trailer. I really don't care what is in it. I doubt it'll be as extensive as what the rumours say even if it's released on the same day - and I hope it isn't the same because some of those ideas in it were awful - but just something would be nice.

Years
    My likely guess as to when in August for US/UM news would probably be the second week of the month, since I think the first week being a break should allow for enough time for hype to build up.

I'm guessing a new trailer first, and then CoroCoro.

Years
    I don't think we'll get too much news this month, but I definitely think we'll get something decent. Maybe a cool trailer or something.

Years
    I think the reason we're not seeing anything is because there's not going to be a whole ton to see. Aside from a couple new Alola forms and possibly some new native Pokemon, the region and all the other Pokemon will stay the same. The only thing they would be able to make a trailer on would be story-related things, and they can't ruin that too much.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah. The reason is lack of news this time is that this is no brand new pokemon to introduce. SM news happen more often because they were the first games of the gen with entirely new pokemon. Obviously USUM will not have new pokemon so the amount of news would not occur as much.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    I'm happy to wait for news. The Sun and Moon announcement was 9 months before release, and I wasn't happy about being fed info in little drops.

That being said, if a November release in on the books, now would seem to be the time for news.

I hope to see info on the league system, as I'm hoping that gyms make a return.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm happy to wait for news. The sun and moon announcement was 9 months before release, and I wasn't happy about being fed info in little drops.

That being said, if a November release in on the books, now would seem to be the time for news.

I hope to see info on the league system, as I'm hoping that gyms make a return.

Im with u on that..
    I hope that will be actually news to share ..

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I just realized that Worlds is in August as well, so I'm starting to doubt my previous thought about a trailer in the beginning of August. They may actually hold off until Worlds happens, maybe. Or we could still get a trailer in the beginning of August and get a new form revealed at Worlds.

Interesting tidbit, but Shigeru Ohmori is set to appear on Pokenchi next week. That doesn't mean anything since Pokenchi has been a deadweight when it comes to news, but IIRC the last time he appeared on that show was within a few days after a new SM trailer was released last year... it was either him or Masuda, I can't remember. Getting to the point, there was nothing new shown on Pokenchi but just a recap of news that had already broken. With that said, I think there's still a possibility of a trailer showing up at the beginning of August despite Worlds taking place two weeks afterwards.

Years
    I just realized that Worlds is in August as well, so I'm starting to doubt my previous thought about a trailer in the beginning of August. They may actually hold off until Worlds happens, maybe. Or we could still get a trailer in the beginning of August and get a new form revealed at Worlds.

Interesting tidbit, but Shigeru Ohmori is set to appear on Pokenchi next week. That doesn't mean anything since Pokenchi has been a deadweight when it comes to news, but IIRC the last time he appeared on that show was within a few days after a new SM trailer was released last year... it was either him or Masuda, I can't remember. Getting to the point, there was nothing new shown on Pokenchi but just a recap of news that had already broken. With that said, I think there's still a possibility of a trailer showing up at the beginning of August despite Worlds taking place two weeks afterwards.

I wouldn't trust Pokenchi after all the failed deliveries during S/M's pre-release, but I think leaving it until midway through the month would be a good time for a trailer. The World Championships if I recall did drop a trailer around its time during S/M pre-release, the one that revealed Turtonator if I remember.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I wouldn't trust Pokenchi after all the failed deliveries during S/M's pre-release

While I agree that nothing will come out of it, please forgive me for being a stickler about this particular issue because it still bugs me. Pokenchi didn't "fail" at anything. They didn't promise anything, at all. What happened was the entire fanbase set their expectations up way too high despite the fact that they were warned and corrected by Serebii and other sites. The fans completely ignored and disregarded the warnings, so I honestly don't feel any sympathy for their butt-hurt.

Years
    While I agree that nothing will come out of it, please forgive me for being a stickler about this particular issue because it still bugs me. Pokenchi didn't "fail" at anything. They didn't promise anything, at all. What happened was the entire fanbase set their expectations up way too high despite the fact that they were warned and corrected by Serebii and other sites. The fans completely ignored and disregarded the warnings, so I honestly don't feel any sympathy for their butt-hurt.

I can totally understand that it was a case of setting expectations too high, and let's admit it that ever since those disappointments I have decided to never set my hype level that high again. That's because I was also butthurt when nothing came out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Seconding this. I'm guessing the drought for any US/UM news since the mini-teaser was a factor contributing into this.

Back