• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm 22. I started playing Pokemon last summer actually, with White being my first game. What can I say, the games were never that popular in my country, at least not in the middle of nowhere where I lived. I started thinking about playing it when I left my hometown and went to college, but never really got the chance until last summer. It was my last resort against working on my degree paper, hehe. Now it's just a really fun way to relax after a day at work :)

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
    Years
  • I'll be 24 later this year. I've been playing strong since the very beginning. :)

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • Ok since I have no life I calculated this whole thing and so far the average age on this forum is : 19!

Keldeoh

It's so Flaaffy!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    I'm 19 and turning 20 this August. I've been playing Pokemon since my pre-teen years, and it has become an irreplaceable part of my growing-up years. :)

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I'm 23 and i've been playing pokemon since their first release on the handheld consoles!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Bouts' to be 23 as well! I guess I never grew out of Pokemon. I've always liked the complexity of matches I guess. If I tell myself that I play it for the tactical and analytical side of battles, then I won't feel like a big kid, haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    What is the average age of Pokemon players? I'd be interested to know...

Is it still restricted to mostly kids or are there a secret army of hardcore adult Pokemon fans out there?

I'll start you off: I'm 23 later this year...

Im 21 and still love Pokemon. The adult fans are like myself who grew up with the original 151 Pokemon. Most of us out grew the show, but we still like the games.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I'd say there's a gap. Plenty of 20-25ish year olds are old fans who are dedicated to Pokemon and have stayed loyal to the franchise since 1st gen.
    Then, you've got kids 7-13 who probably go in and out of Pokemon as just another fun game.

There's still plenty of teenagers 14-18 who play Pokemon (myself included) but from what I've seen, it's usually little kids just playing a fun game or older fans who've loved Pokemon since day 1.

gSpartan150

Intermediate Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2013
    Loved this game since First or Second Grade. First one I played was LeafGreen. I'm in Eighth Grade now. Going into Ninth.

Years
  • I'll be 21 next month. Started watching the anime 10 years ago.
    I've been playing the games since about 4 years.

Years
  • I'm 21 and started playing the games around the age of 12 or 13,but for me I started getting into Pokemon when I was 6 or 7.For me the process went anime series,Collecting and trading Pokemon cards and eventually the game series starting with Crystal.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think many fans now were around 7-10 when pokémon first came, so they are in their early/middle twenties now. Then there is a whole span of younger people who started playing the games or the TCG or watching the anime at any point after that. But the oldest generation is probably up there. And I am one of them :] Yellow was my first game, but I remember my friends playing Red and Blue and all of us running around trading TCG cards in elementary school.

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
    Years
  • I'm personally a late teen - have been playing Pokemon all my life too. I started off with Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap, but then played off my brother's Pokemon Yellow soon after. When I was older, I started Silver. Then when I was in one of me teen years respectively, I bought Blue Dungeon. I haven't gotten a game since and I regret that. I just got into the Gen 3 anime a few months ago because for some reason, when it first came out, I was like "Really? More Pokemon? No." for some reason and was a baby about it, so I didn't watch. I do remember seeing Pokemon Chronicles, though, because I heard it'd be more like Gen 2. I was impressed.
    My brother is into his mid-twenties, and he lived more of the age of the Poke-mania. I lived more of the GSC age.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most Pokemon fans today are probably teenagers, give or take 14-17 years old if I assume so correctly. The ones who have been a fan since the very very beginning of the franchise are in their early to late 20's mostly, but I'm sure there's more outside that range, but that's just my thinking.

I'm 22 1/2 turning 23 in November, so I fall under those "fans who've been with Pokemon since the beginning" xD

Years
  • I was 5 when Pokemon came to Canada, on YTV in Southern Ontario if I remember correctly. My friends and I immediately fell in love with it. There's a girl in my biochem class who's into it too ~! never expected finding a pokemon fan in a university science class :O

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I'm 23 and have been into Pokémon since I was 8. I know a few people my age who still watch it and play the games. I recently started collecting the cards again that I missed out on back then and feel a sense of joy and nostalgia. Gives me something to strive for and feel better about.

Back