• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

awaken the legends. // legends of dusk win!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • aeternum's post seems kinda weird to me. The first part is helpful, but the second part just seems to parrot what I said, and then the last part seems to make some wild assumptions with an undue amount of certainty, like randomly guessing Landorus as being behind the fierce wind...? Landorus' dex entries all talk about how praised it is for bringing abundance to the land, nothing to do with wind.

Didn't even realize I typed landorus. Was looking through dex entries on pokemondb and must have just had its tab open while I was typing. I definitely meant to put tornadus as that and lugia would make the most sense.

And then he comes up with nothing on what the role could be, making it seem he both did and did not read me or gimmepie's posts.

Hmm. Guess that's a strike on both of us for not thoroughly reading each others' posts. I may not have outright said what the role is - obviously, because I have no clue right now aside from a single hint. But I did offer a suggestion.

My guess that the windy legendary being 3rd party is based on worst case scenario presumptions. If the legendary does have some sort of "nuking" role then it would make most sense for it to be on a separate faction from both town and mafia as typically town doesn't have powers that could jeopardize the game by haphazardly killing off other roles and it just seems to be weird for mafia to hold a nuke in the back when they're already given an advantage in the game just by being mafia. However, if it were to be something more along the lines of a Virgin where them dying would cause a massive storm that stops lynches for a day or so then I could definitely see that as being town instead.

But of course, it could also be just as you've speculated as well. Although, I don't think that bus driver would really be a good use for wind or make sense for this game since we don't really know the roles so there's not much that the driver could deduce from his/her own actions. Role blocker or bodyguard are possible options as well though.

It's all just speculation but its better than not thinking about it at all, especially when there's not really anything else to go on from this day phase.

Townread on jolt for actually asking for a replacement. And in the thread of all places.

[vote] JDthebud for not really offering anything to the conversation himself despite calling someone else out on the exact same thing.

Years
  • The reason I made my statement was because my NA ended up being used on someone else (both the person I intended to use it on are still fine and posting), and Hoopa seemed to be the most likely culprit. I'll confess to me not posting sooner since I made that post as being a terrible decision.

[lynch] JDthebud

Years
  • I like Aeternum's post, didn't get defensive or anything and explained himself, so I'm TRing him for now.

@gimmepie - I guess I see what you mean, I just thought Umbreon's post was strange, and on second thought, Aldo has more content and more of it is anti-town, so I could justify lynching him since we oughta lynch someone.

Simply Dunsparce said:
    The reason I made my statement was because my NA ended up being used on someone else (both the person I intended to use it on are still fine and posting), and Hoopa seemed to be the most likely culprit. I'll confess to me not posting sooner since I made that post as being a terrible decision.

[lynch] JDthebud

I hate this post, but I also get a town feel off of it. You did admit to the soft, which I think most of us suspected, and you also confirmed a redirector, and I think it's most likely this is a poorly-thought out chain of posts. On the other hand, you blatantly wagoned someone without even posting any reason at all, six hours before the scheduled phase change, which is *not* pro-town behavior. So either post a reason, or take your vote off (although I will say that JD isn't the worst lynch candidate).

All that being said, I'll vote for the person who's been the most anti-town IMO and should know better, which is

[Vote] Aldo

He decided to ignore the flavor in a game where that's one of our best leads, he TRed juliorain on the basis of two virtually content-free posts which reeks of some form of buddying, then spewed a bunch of useless noise.

Years
  • I like Aeternum's post, didn't get defensive or anything and explained himself, so I'm TRing him for now.

@gimmepie - I guess I see what you mean, I just thought Umbreon's post was strange, and on second thought, Aldo has more content and more of it is anti-town, so I could justify lynching him since we oughta lynch someone.

I hate this post, but I also get a town feel off of it. You did admit to the soft, which I think most of us suspected, and you also confirmed a redirector, and I think it's most likely this is a poorly-thought out chain of posts. On the other hand, you blatantly wagoned someone without even posting any reason at all, six hours before the scheduled phase change, which is *not* pro-town behavior. So either post a reason, or take your vote off (although I will say that JD isn't the worst lynch candidate).

All that being said, I'll vote for the person who's been the most anti-town IMO and should know better, which is

[Vote] Aldo

He decided to ignore the flavor in a game where that's one of our best leads, he TRed juliorain on the basis of two virtually content-free posts which reeks of some form of buddying, then spewed a bunch of useless noise.
    Since I have no reason for voting for them, I going to [unvote] JDthebud. It was definitely a post I'm absolutely not proud of only a couple hours later with the vote being really half-thought. I guess it just shows how bad my mentality is when it comes to games like this and how I handle confrontation (they're both really bad). Anyway, no one wants to deal with my verbal diarrhea anymore, so I'm gonna call it a night.

Years
  • [vote] Aldo

For now I do feel like that's the way to go. I wouldn't say I have the strongest suspicions there, but I feel he's been one of the less townie players and hope to learn more from his lynch. For reasons I'm not going to divulge just yet, I find this claim from Dunsparce interesting and I want to watch him for now.

I do have a question for him though. How do you know your NA hit the wrong person?

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Your "best lead" is only a guess work on which roles are in the game. It doesn't aid in lynching mafia, does it? I maintain my statement.

[Vote] jdthebud

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Pachirisu Pecilia has replaced Superjolt!

Extending this phase by ~20 hours (until 8pm GMT+10) because 1) discussion has finally picked up and 2) i'm going interstate this weekend and this will make my phase timings work better for me

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Since I have no reason for voting for them, I going to [unvote] JDthebud. It was definitely a post I'm absolutely not proud of only a couple hours later with the vote being really half-thought. I guess it just shows how bad my mentality is when it comes to games like this and how I handle confrontation (they're both really bad). Anyway, no one wants to deal with my verbal diarrhea anymore, so I'm gonna call it a night.

This is very interesting. You are right that Hoopa sounds like a good redirector candidate. Although I still think the wind could have been the redirection. It'll be important to keep an eye out on the flavor text and see if we learn something more.

Now, ET, pie and Aldo all feel townie to me. I haven't really felt Aldo's actions to be anti-town, rather just a different way to play. Dunaparce also feels townie to me.

I personally don't have that strong of a mafia read on anyone just yet, but since we can't abstain, I'm gonna go ahead and [Lynch] jdthebud for the same reason aeternum gave, which I find more suspicious than being absent all together from the game, like Anteros is, which I would be more likely to pass off as being busy and/or not that interested in the game. Jolt asked to be replaced and I'm not suspicious of them being mafia as of now and really think he asked to be replaced out of good etiquette, but it'd be important to pay attention to their replacement in case more than game etiquette it was because the role was an important one, particularly if mafia sided.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I wasn't calling SD out as suspicious, just asking for more clarification, since it was a bad post on its own. Not sure why that merits votes on me since that seems to be the only reason they exist, especially after SD admitted it as such and clarified why he said so.

Aldo's vote on me seems to be a bandwagon jump to save himself, so his vote doesn't fall into that category. However the fact he's sticking to his guns is good, since scum is very likely to get defensive when they get a wagon on them on Day 1.

My vote goes to Omicron right now, he claimed to like aeturnum's reason to vote me, but he also asked SD to clarify about his post too. Nice double standard there, no?

[Vote] Omicron

Years
  • [vote] Aldo

For now I do feel like that's the way to go. I wouldn't say I have the strongest suspicions there, but I feel he's been one of the less townie players and hope to learn more from his lynch. For reasons I'm not going to divulge just yet, I find this claim from Dunsparce interesting and I want to watch him for now.

I do have a question for him though. How do you know your NA hit the wrong person?
    The PM I got about the results of my NA said that it had affected another person.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I wasn't calling SD out as suspicious, just asking for more clarification, since it was a bad post on its own. Not sure why that merits votes on me since that seems to be the only reason they exist, especially after SD admitted it as such and clarified why he said so.

Aldo's vote on me seems to be a bandwagon jump to save himself, so his vote doesn't fall into that category. However the fact he's sticking to his guns is good, since scum is very likely to get defensive when they get a wagon on them on Day 1.

My vote goes to Omicron right now, he claimed to like aeturnum's reason to vote me, but he also asked SD to clarify about his post too. Nice double standard there, no?

[Vote] Omicron

Well, at that point in time (before the phase got extended, as I had been writing and reading for some time before Charlie Brown made that post) that had been your only contribution to the game and it had been over 24 hours since that. It's not the questioning of SD per se that was suspicious, it was doing that and then disappearing/laying low after that. And then again, as I said at the beginning, I don't even have that strong of a mafia read yet, but since we can't abstain and that stood up to me the most, I voted. Would things be different if you weren't now leading the vote?

With that said, my vote is not set in stone. No abstaining means a high chance for a mislynch day one and I'm not gonna pretend I can't be wrong.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    This is a lot for a D1 phase I'm not going to lie. Trying to take everything in at such an early hour isn't working either.

However — I am townreading JD & Omi right now, leaning on a town for ET (I'm very cautious with the super helpful approach but I think it's in good faith atm). Totally null on Aaron at the moment, his post is basically just noise and for the sake of being right. Eh.

For scum reads.... I don't like Umbreon's post oh at all, but I don't really see a reason to go after them. Think I'll need a few more before finalising a lynch, especially after losing such an important town role

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Ok, I'm back... After reading all the posts tho, I still have no better info •_• so instead I'll just leave it as it is as it doesn't seem to matter.

Years
  • I don't like this wagon on JD. I think the original reason for it is flawed - I think he was more inactive than hypocritical, and Umbreon, juliorain, and Corviknight have been even less active or had even less productive posts, and Omicron's post is actually similar to JD's and neither of them posted again until today. It makes me think that JD is getting wagoned rather arbitrarily. Not to mention that Aldo didn't exactly help his case by voting JD for no freaking reason except the obvious one of getting the heat off himself. His whole "defense" was also a weak one-liner; maybe it is "guesswork," but it's still very helpful to at least have some clue what town and mafia roles are and are not in the game to figure out what you may or may not be able to pull off with certainty. He also didn't address my other concern, which was him somehow TRing juliorain after the latter made two content-free posts, which reeks of buddying which is not a townie behavior.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Consider it buddying or whatever fancy word, I believe it juliorain's town. A reasoning that one doesn't understand does not mean it's not reasoning. I have clearly stated in the certain post where I had my read on him that it was a tonal read and without much confidence on it because of the number of posts...

Yet here you are questioning the read and asking questions which had already been answered and using them against me. Are you doing this on purpose?

Also, pray understand. I'm not, by any means, saying you can't analyze the flavour text. I'm saying that it won't be my primary focus. For how long do you wish to discuss about the way I should play?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • night one.
    a long day that will only get longer.
    The Legendaries seemed shocked at the death of Tapu Lele. It seems their clash is more sinister than they were imagining. Dark forces were certainly at play on this island.

Bickering dominated the day, and the Legendaries decided that jdthebud was to blame. As the other Pokemon got ready to hit jdthebud with a barrage of attacks, he started to emit a blinding glow. Seconds later, he was no longer there.

As dusk began to fall, a legendary Pokemon decided it would be safer in the light and used Morning Sun to light up the night.

No one died.

Night One will last for 24 hours.

It's night, but it's light! You may continue discussions in the thread during this night phase. All Discord chats will be closed for the night phase.
    [/size]
    even legends play by the rules.
    ★ Votes may be formatted in any variation of [Lynch] Player. Just please make sure to bold your vote.
    ★ Missing two votes or night actions in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
    ★ Day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours, unless otherwise specified.
    ★ Submit day or night actions to me by PM or by Discord (josh#0044).
    ★ Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified discord chats.
    ★ If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. after that you're barred from haunting the thread.
    ★ Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
    ★ You cannot abstain. You are however free to change your votes.
    ★ The player who receives the most votes in the day phase is lynched.
    ★ In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
    ★ All PC/UG rules apply.
    player list.
    ★ Pecilia as Tapu Lele
    ★ Simply Dunsparce as ???
    ★ Pecilia2 as ???
    ★ jdthebud as ???
    ★ gimmepie as ???
    ★ Corviknight as ???
    ★ aeternum as ???
    ★ juliorain as ???
    ★ Midnight Umbreon as ???
    ★ Earth Traveler as ???
    ★ Anteros as ???
    ★ Aldo as ???
    ★ Omicron as ???

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Either the mafia kills Earth Traveler or gimmepie, or I'll do it myself.

Back