• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

Pokebeach (or one of those sites sources) said it was a Robot from space that had a big laser on it's back. Bug/Steel
    Its a messican site. How come i dont remember that one :/ space bug with a laser....hmmm could turn out stupid. Guess ill just have to w8 and see.
    I hope it comes to earth with deoxys and destroys humans as plasma comand them, then all pokemon will be free :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I can already see a fan art for the alien bug, Mewtwo vs Deoxys vs darkrai vs alien bug with mega freaking awesome cannon on it's back.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years

Pokebeach (or one of those sites sources) said it was a Robot from space that had a big laser on it's back. Bug/Steel

Interesting to hear that.

Yeah I imagine they'll focus on more gods and aliens though, they've pretty much covered ruler of land/sea/electricty/ancient etc .

The problem I'll find is that compared to Arceus, who created the frickin Universe and is the ultimate legendary all the other legenderies will seem somewhat inferior. Really bad move from the designers to produce him so early.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    By the end of Gen V..there'll be more than 600 pokemons..how can u not expect repetition of types ???..And besides it has been done only once not like consecutively for past three gens (looking at you pokabu -.-)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    There would need to be only 290 evolutionary lines to guarantee repeats, so having three Fire/Fighting lines isn't too bad, at least compared to Grass/Poison and Normal/Flying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    There would need to be only 290 evolutionary lines to guarantee repeats, so having three Fire/Fighting lines isn't too bad, at least compared to Grass/Poison and Normal/Flying.
    The thing with Pokabu's Type is he's the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row. Not that he's the third Fire/Fighter in a row. If he were just some random Pokemon in a non-starter evo line it wouldn't really matter.

The problem I'll find is that compared to Arceus, who created the frickin Universe and is the ultimate legendary all the other legenderies will seem somewhat inferior. Really bad move from the designers to produce him so early.

Why's that a bad thing? The Legendaries don't have to be progressively stronger and stronger every gen to be acceptable. xD;

When I first looked at the list of legendaries, I noticed OMG NEAT NEW TYPE COMBOS before I noticed GOD TWELVE OF THEM WHY SO MANY. It's prolly just because I really like Pokemon with interesting Type combinations, but for me that sort of makes up for the sheer number of them. Back in D/P it annoyed me how there were so many excess legendaries that weren't necessary and didn't appeal to me. Just judging by what we know so far though, I think I'll like this region's legendaries quite a bit.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The thing with Pokabu's Type is he's the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row. Not that he's the third Fire/Fighter in a row. If he were just some random Pokemon in a non-starter evo line it wouldn't really matter.

Why's that a bad thing? The Legendaries don't have to be progressively stronger and stronger every gen to be acceptable. xD;

When I first looked at the list of legendaries, I noticed OMG NEAT NEW TYPE COMBOS before I noticed GOD TWELVE OF THEM WHY SO MANY. It's prolly just because I really like Pokemon with interesting Type combinations, but for me that sort of makes up for the sheer number of them. Back in D/P it annoyed me how there were so many excess legendaries that weren't necessary and didn't appeal to me. Just judging by what we know so far though, I think I'll like this region's legendaries quite a bit.
    Well it this region has only 1 less than Sinnoh but I still hope that they aren't extra and they all have a decent back story to them I wish the Sinnoh one's did :(

Bay

Years
    I"m going to just say my thoughts on the fighting legendaries because there are pics of them now. XD

I think it's good that we have fighting legendaries finally. As for the looks, I like the rock one. The other two reminds me too much of a crossbred between Arceus and Dialga. :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    They look iffy.

More-so the blue one.
    That one looks so badly made.

But this experto dude has not been wrong.

Idk how in the world they're fighting types.
    Unless.

1. All they do is stomp.
    2. They undergo a transformation and go transformers on the opponent.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    The legendary ungulates? Ungulates are hoofed animals and low and behold, those beasts have hooves (though the grass one has some booties on, ha).

The rock/fighting one is a rhino thing, the blue one looks like an antelope or gazelle. Is that green one a llama?

The Red Chain

Ooh, seems like we have a new legendary trio on our hands.

Unfortunately we have like three trios now : Fighting/Flying/Dragon.
    Apparently two trios in the fourth generation is not quite enough repetitiveness. D;
    Idk how in the world they're fighting types.
    Unless.

1. All they do is stomp.
    2. They undergo a transformation and go transformers on the opponent.

When a horse gets pissed or startled what does it do? It bucks right? It's possible they get on their front legs and kick with their back legs. Or rise up onto their back legs and kick with their front legs. They could headbutt or do other various things as well. It was stated before by another user that fighting doesn't necessarily mean martial arts. Fighting is any sort of physical exertion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Unfortunately we have like three trios now : Fighting/Flying/Dragon.
    Apparently two trios in the fourth generation is not quite enough repetitiveness. D;
    When a horse gets pissed or startled what does it do? It bucks right? It's possible they get on their front legs and kick with their back legs. Or rise up onto their back legs and kick with their front legs. They could headbutt or do other various things as well. It was stated before by another user that fighting doesn't necessarily mean martial arts. Fighting is any sort of physical exertion.
    This is what I think, they use their Hooves/Feet to attack pokemon thus making them fighting types :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011

But how far can bucking and headbutts go?
    Alone for a whole type?
    Rapidash could do all that.

I'm curious to see what they do.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Your maths off my friend. You cannot just multipy 17 by 17 as that counts Fire/Fighting and Fighting/Fire as different type combinations. You in fact need less evolutionary lines to use up every possible type combination. Plus 17 for monotypes.

I'm unsure on the trio so far, mainly the blue-steel one. (Imma call it Zoolandermon)

The Red Chain

But how far can bucking and headbutts go?
    Alone for a whole type?
    Rapidash could do all that.

I'm curious to see what they do.
    Yes but the question is, how powerful can Rapidash do it? Being legendaries, their physical power is going to be far superior.
    Don't rule out the theory just yet~

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Well technically all Pokemon can fight. But not all Pokemon are Fighting types...

Again, this is Pokemon. Logic doesn't exist. Besides, people can still be awesome fighters without the use of their arms.

The legends seem pretty cool. The typings are certainly interesting.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The blue one looks a bit odd, but the rest of them are looking pretty cool. I can't wait to see clearer images and artwork of them. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back