• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree, I hate the design of it, I thought it'd look angelic and instead we get... that.

But meh, it's a good start for the future at least. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Just a quick note since the other thread discussing Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram died, we'll just discuss all of the legendaries for B/W here instead. This makes it a bit better anyway; I saw no reason for one with just those three legendaries and the rest here. n_n

Aside from that, I'm pretty satisfied with the legendaries. Meloetta would be one of my favorites, I just love its lady-like look. Being a psychic type, I'd say it has the calm/careful appearance fit for it. Also, you can tell these games want you to go far in levels with these Pokémon as Meloetta learns Perish Song at LV 85. o-o; As for Meloetta's other forme (the Step Forme), I find it have a more old/grandma style. XD; I suppose that just fits the fighting type all the more though. The step forme has a more rough appearance to fit its typing as well, but I prefer the voice forme a lot more. And for those who are curious, the step forme is the Meloetta with the red string-ish hair while the voice forme has green string-ish hair with attractive baby blue eyes. :P

B/W Legendaries Discussion

Years
  • Just a quick note since the other thread discussing Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram died, we'll just discuss all of the legendaries for B/W here instead. This makes it a bit better anyway; I saw no reason for one with just those three legendaries and the rest here. n_n

Aside from that, I'm pretty satisfied with the legendaries. Meloetta would be one of my favorites, I just love its lady-like look. Being a psychic type, I'd say it has the calm/careful appearance fit for it. Also, you can tell these games want you to go far in levels with these Pokémon as Meloetta learns Perish Song at LV 85. o-o; As for Meloetta's other forme (the Step Forme), I find it have a more old/grandma style. XD; I suppose that just fits the fighting type all the more though. The step forme has a more rough appearance to fit its typing as well, but I prefer the voice forme a lot more. And for those who are curious, the step forme is the Meloetta with the red string-ish hair while the voice forme has green string-ish hair with attractive baby blue eyes. :P

Y'know, I really didn't like this legendary at first... but then I saw this:

Spoiler:

Doesn't that just make it look so elegant? ~<3
    And its cry is so beautiful. x3

Mirimaju

Coordinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • When I first saw that pokemon I though how beautiful would it be in a contest and how I didn't want it to be legendary so I could get one early on in the game or something like that. I know it changes types between both forms. I'm excited to get this one =) The pure flying type one... all I gotta say is FINALLY!!!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • When I first saw that pokemon I though how beautiful would it be in a contest and how I didn't want it to be legendary so I could get one early on in the game or something like that. I know it changes types between both forms. I'm excited to get this one =) The pure flying type one... all I gotta say is FINALLY!!!
    Yeah it took five generations for them to make a pure type pokemon though this does give me hope that we might have a flying eeveelution next generation :)...
    I really want to capture a Kyurem it's just so awesome :D!

Years
  • Legendaries and Their Stories

So I just skimmed over the first page, and there doesn't appear to be a thread for this... has anyone played the game so far and know what the back stories to the legendaries are yet? You know, how Mewtwo hated all mankind and how Giratina is in the reverse world, etc. I'm actually confused with which of these new pokemon ARE legendaries...

I was just curious. :3 If not, what do you think they should be?

Also, sidenote: is it just me, or are pokemon less "cuddly" and more "slightly disturbing" these days? Not in a bad way, but some of them seem pretty creepy for my inner child.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well there was actually a thread for this on the second page! XD; Merged, anyway. Make sure you search more than the first page when making threads.~

I don't really know much about the legendary backstories, though I remember hearing something about Kyurem, but I can't quite remember it. I'm pretty sure the backstories would be detailed, though, considering the fact that the storyline is pretty deep apparently.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know a bit of the backstory behind the musketeer trio (Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion and to a lesser extent, Keldeo). They clashed with humans in the past to protect Pokemon habitats from human expansion. But I don't know of the backstory behind the Kami trio (Tornelos, Voltolos and Landlos).

Last edited by a moderator:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    According to Bulbapedia Kyuremu appeared from an icy meteorite that landed on earth. Isn't that Deoxys but with the alien virus thing replaced by ice?

Anyway, the official art makes me like Kyuremu so much more than the sprite did.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    just gonna come straight out with it and say all the new looking legendaries look ridiculous.....sad what the franchise is doing to the game really, i think it started dying with 3rd gen, killed with 4th and now being WAY over-killed in 5th gen.

they are my thoughts on the legendaries anyways

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • If i remember correctly, Kyurem was said to be the original dragon, it was Reshiram and Zekrom. Then some internal strife occurred, presumably caused by Team Plasma. Then Reshiram and Zekrom split apart from Kyurem and started fighting one another. In the process, Kyurem was weakened. This is why Kyurem looks weak, and "broken", also its stats are lower than the other dragons. Reshiram and Zekrom are also essences of energy, while Kyurem is the absence of energy.

That is what I've heard anyways. Anybody agree or disagree?

Also, Genie trio ftw.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If i remember correctly, Kyurem was said to be the original dragon, it was Reshiram and Zekrom. Then some internal strife occurred, presumably caused by Team Plasma. Then Reshiram and Zekrom split apart from Kyurem and started fighting one another. In the process, Kyurem was weakened. This is why Kyurem looks weak, and "broken", also its stats are lower than the other dragons. Reshiram and Zekrom are also essences of energy, while Kyurem is the absence of energy.

That is what I've heard anyways. Anybody agree or disagree?

Also, Genie trio ftw.
    This could be true, Kyurem is possibly was the "core" of the original dragon (cold fusion core) then the other two broke off from it...it seems possible...
    Also the fact that the three dragons were once one remind me of how the legendary birds were fused in Pokemon special...ironically they had Ice,Fire and Electric too...

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    According to Bulbapedia Kyuremu appeared from an icy meteorite that landed on earth. Isn't that Deoxys but with the alien virus thing replaced by ice?

Anyway, the official art makes me like Kyuremu so much more than the sprite did.

where is the official art at btw while searching i came across this which would look so much better than the current one imo

Spoiler:

and the idea that the 2 broke off sounds cool

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • where is the official art at btw while searching i came across this which would look so much better than the current one imo

Spoiler:

and the idea that the 2 broke off sounds cool
    Here's Kyurem's Sugimori artwork:
    Spoiler:

And yes, it does look broken. One of its wings has been chipped off.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh wow, the Sugimori artwork for Kyurem looks a lot better than the fanart. I like the concept of the wings being broken, because it makes it sound more ancient. I do wish the Sugimori artwork was more blue-er, though. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back