• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Baby/Cute Pokemon in your team?

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
Years
  • This question has probably been asked before, but I'm so curious.

Anyways, my question is...have you ever had a baby/cute pokemon (igglybuff, pichu, mime jr, etc.) on your in-game team?

Do you judge pokemon on there looks too?

Feel free to express your opinion!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only "cute" Pokemon I ever had were Dragonite (if that counts) and Flareon. I mainly use cool-looking Pokemon on my teams.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I do, I owned a Togepi but it eventually evolved into a Togekiss, so yeah. :'P

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I have never used a cute Pokemon on my team. But I do care about appearance. Some back sprites are just horrid to me, like Feraligatr's in Gen III. It looked like a blob, and I'd feel stupid commanding a blob.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I play with Gorebyss and Maquerain and I think both of them are "Cute".

Yes I do judge some pokemon based on their looks but not very often. There are some pokemon that I get shiny simply because they look better shiny where as there are some pokemon that I think are uglier as shiny.
    Shiny Gorebyss = Awesome
    Shiny Masquerain = Ugly

Also if I have a set of choices I'll pick whichever one I think is the best looking.
    For example when designing my Drizzle team I wanted one Water Ground type.
    Choices: Quagsire, Seismitoad, and Gastrodon.
    I ended up picking Gastrodon because I think it looks better, especially with it's pink design. (There was some strategy reasons why I picked it as well, but I do like it's pink blobby looks. Like a cute slug... if slugs were capable of being cute. lol

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Well, I'll take a cute Pokemon on my team, as long as it does some work and does its part to participate and became strong. I don't mind having any Pokemon on my team(as long a they're not insanely ugly like a Gyarados or a Gastrodon), but they have to be able to help me in some way. I never just catch a Pokemon just because it's cute. I actually always ditch the Togepi I get in the S/G/C games. But in White I caught an Emolga. It worked great for Clay and Skyla's gyms. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I use Pokemon that are attractive to me. Attractive does not always mean cute, and I always use the final evolutionary stage of my Pokemon - I don't keep them in unevolved states. That's just not how I play, and some ingame "bosses" coughcoughREDcoughcough *REALLY* need to learn from that example.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • If Butterfree is considered cute, they yes, I have. Other than that, I used impressive and cool-looking pokemon. And never babies. That is child abuse.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I choose and use Pokemon that I like. For instance in my Diamond play through at the moment my team consists of Pachirisu, Roselia, Piplup, Croagunk, Drifblim and Altaria, and I beat the league with this team. Piplup, Roselia and Croagunk will never be evolved because I love them too much as they are now, and they're still just as strong and used just as much in battle as the two evolved Pokemon. ^^

Years
  • I remembered playing with a Lv100 Roselia in Ruby.

My team then consisted of Roselia, Pelipper, Linoone, Golduck, Breloom and Manectric. Very odd to be using the early-route Normal-type but still beat the Elite Four.

Pretty odd team, huh?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I consider Chansey, Forretress and Quagsire to be pretty cute yeah. I absolutely love Chansey <3 Oh and Politoad is quite cute as well.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Yes, I ever have Pikachu as a part of my in game team. Pikachu is considered as cute, right? Since I was always prefer one hit kill (lazy for long battle), I found Pikachu was useful in game. I do judge Pokemon by looks, but I'm not regard appearance as the most important thing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I use Pokemon that are attractive to me. Attractive does not always mean cute, and I always use the final evolutionary stage of my Pokemon - I don't keep them in unevolved states. That's just not how I play, and some ingame "bosses" coughcoughREDcoughcough *REALLY* need to learn from that example.

I feel this way, except I hold no active enmity for bits of code in the game, lol.

If it's my first playthrough of a game, I go into it blind so I just pick stuff that looks cool/cute or is a type I need and go through with it. But the second or third time when I know what's good and what isn't I may go seek out a better type and disregard looks. But after I know there are better Pokemon out there it's much harder for me to make room for the weaker but cuter ones :(

Back