• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Babysitter Beats child to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • https://news.scotsman.com/uk/Babysitter-15-39beat-toddler-to.5390343.jp
    A TEENAGE babysitter allegedly beat a two-year-old girl to death while her mother was out shopping, a court heard yesterday.

The 15-year-old boy inflicted 68 injuries on the child over 90 minutes, a jury heard at Manchester Crown Court.

Demi Leigh Mahon was allegedly attacked by the boy, who is no relation, on 15 July last year. Prosecutor Howard Bentham, QC, said doctors believed the child was punched repeatedly in the face. Paramedics said she showed signs of brain damage as a result of being attacked.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, denies murdering the toddler.

Her mother, Ann Marie McDonald, told the jury she left her daughter while she went out at about 2:30pm and when she returned, the boy was standing outside the house in Salford, and told her: "I picked her up – I might have hurt her – and she fell in the park."

Ms McDonald broke down in tears when she described finding her daughter in bed. She said: "I tried to pick her up and her head flopped back. She couldn't breathe properly."

The trial continues.
    Now this is wrong. Seriously. How can someone do that ot a child of 2 years?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    https://news.scotsman.com/uk/Babysitter-15-39beat-toddler-to.5390343.jp

Now this is wrong. Seriously. How can someone do that ot a child of 2 years?
    The key word is allegedly. For all we know she could have fell at the park.

Anyways if he did beat the toddler, then that's just terrible. I mean, at times we all feel like punching someone right across the face, but why do that to a little girl? All you really do is send her to her room or you don't let her watch television...

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • Whats with all the depressing threads? :[

I think this is horrible if it did happen, but as Mage said, the key word is allegedly.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Whoever said that humans think that death is no big deal?

To be fair, the Iraq war, East Timor ( well, when it was big) and people murdering others, I guess he has a point.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    To be fair, the Iraq war, East Timor ( well, when it was big) and people murdering others, I guess he has a point.
    That still doesn't explain why humans think that death isn't a big deal.

Years
  • C'mon, people are KILLING STRANGERS in wars just because they are ordered to do so by their country. Humans aren't supposed to kill each other in the first place.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • C'mon, people are KILLING STRANGERS in wars just because they are ordered to do so by their country. Humans aren't supposed to kill each other in the first place.
    It's one of the limiting factors that keeps the population in balance.
    I'm kinda sick of these types of topics. Every time I read one I'm reminded of how eff'd up this world is... Depressing.

I not only don't understand why she could beat a toddler- I mean, what type of hatred could a person have for a toddler? At the age of 2 I doubt the kid could do anything that would piss off the teen to the point of murdering the poor thing. All these stories, I have two theories...
    A) It's the violence of the video games influencing the kids- sounds ridiculous, but as a previous article stated it may be that some don't even understand the term and actuality of "death". Notice these kind of stories happen a lot in the more recent times?
    B) Mental issues. Actual psychological problems. To kill kittens (another story), and toddlers... Aw, come on! It can't be normal. Nobody whose actually sane would do this.

It's also very dissapointing that he'd bother to make up an excuse. Would she really buy that? Or even a little? Yeah; I don't think so...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • It's also very dissapointing that he'd bother to make up an excuse. Would she really buy that? Or even a little? Yeah; I don't think so...
    I know right. If she got hurt in the park people would have seen it. You don't take a hurt child to the bedroom. You take it the hospital. And 68 injuries? How the hell did the child fall? Did it fall down a mountain side or something?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • What the hell is wrong with people these days? Good god.

Hope he gets a long, long, long time in jail.

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    What the hell is wrong with people these days? Good god.

Hope he gets a long, long, long time in jail.

He's 15, the worst thing he will get will be a few years (probably less than 5) in juvie. Unless they can try him as an adult, which I've got my doubts on.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • He's 15, the worst thing he will get will be a few years (probably less than 5) in juvie. Unless they can try him as an adult, which I've got my doubts on.

So? He'll go to Juvenile until he's old enough to be transported to prison.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • I think he should get tried as an adult. Unless he is legally insane, I doubt he didn't know what he was doing. He should
    know right from wrong. These kind of things happening to people are ridiculous these days. Also..

Article said:
    Prosecutor Howard Bentham, QC, said doctors believed the child was punched repeatedly in the face. Paramedics said she showed signs of brain damage as a result of being attacked.

I seriously doubt the child fell down, the child would have to have fallen down a hill. And even then, since its a park, there
    should be witnesses. Sad story, but I'm going to be keeping track of this case, thank you for posting.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Yeah, the girl totally fell 68 times in 1.5 hours!
    WTEFFF??
    Sorry, that just had to come out D:

Yeah, fell 68 times face first...

God, what's wrong with kids these days *cough*
    The good thing to do now is to send him to a mental institute, to get him FIXED!
    In the mean time, he cant hurt others... or himself...

Kota

Years
  • The key word is allegedly. For all we know she could have fell at the park.

See, I was going to make a post that included me making fun of you, but you've done the job for me.

~~

I can think of a few reasons as to why the boy would do something like that. (Such as insanity, bullying, peer pressure.) Do they make what he did right? No -- but legally if he's insane, then he can get off without any charges.

The only question that comes to mind, (If he IS insane) would be; what kind of mother would leave her child in that person's hands?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back