• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back in my day there were only 150 Pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Hello!

My name is Kody, but you can either call me that or by my persona, Palsy. I have been a Pokemon lover since '97-98, though I have since stopped collecting cards and games for the most part. My first Pokemon game was Red where I dominated Kanto with my trusted Squirtle, Bubbles... and then again with Sparky (Pikachu) in Pokemon Yellow... and again with Blaze (Charmander) in Pokemon Blue... (I am pretty good with nicknames). Way back when I didn't know any better, my favorite Pokemon was Bulbasaur. While Mr. Bulba, as I called my stuffed toy (again, great nickname), was a pretty sweet dude, Then I moved onto Psyduck, I called him Glen :P and now my favorite Pokemon is Esepon (PALSY :D).

Though I consider myself a Generation I Pokemon fan, I still love just about every generation except for when Black and White came out... I will never get over the fact that they designed a Pokemon after an ice cream cone and another after a pile of garbage... but they made up for it with Pokemon X&Y.

I have never joined a Pokemon community before this one. I have also run solo, but I want to change that. I hope to become a part of this community, even if it is a tiny part. I love making new friends, especially ones I can game with. You wanna be my friend? :D

Palsy

Years
    Of course I'd love to be your new friend, Kody! Welcome to the PokeCommunity as well, on that note. I hope you are having a great time on your end of things.

Ah yes the hatred towards 5th Gen which is ironically my personal fave of the bunch, but I think that's likely because I was one of the few who actually liked most of the Pokemon designs but then again to each their own. Interesting backstory with your Pokemon from the old days there, I never really nicknamed stuff but I can see how fun it gets at times.

I can understand if you're new to forums, but you picked an awesome one to start with so you'll definitely have fun settling in with us, and if you ever want to learn more about PC based on interests you can sign up for a mentor in our Adoption Center. Just something to consider, but anyways good luck with everything and I'll be seeing you around! Have fun for now.

- Hikamaru

But remember, in Kanto we had a Pokemon designed after a pile of sludge. I feel like people tend to look past those weird, older designs just because they were the first generation which started it all. Personally I love all the generations of Pokemon... though Johto and Hoenn are among some of my favorites. Welcome welcome to PC, Kody! [:

Espeon is so adorable and my favorite eeveelution to use in G/S/C, hrrrg she is so strong and fast to boot. Umbreon is also pretty awesome but it's an awful attacker so using it is a pain, especially if you prioritize damage over defense. :'(

Hope you'll have an amazing time here on PC! Seems like you're going to fit right in with how big a Pokemon fan you are. Cheers, happy to chat anytime if you're interested~

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, but people kind of hate the Kanto region these days, which ugh, I can never hate it because the Kanto region is really nostalgic for me, which yeah, I've been a fan since the 90s too! Like you I've used Squirtle on Pokemon Blue which was pretty cool and made everything easy, haha.

Still though, it's really great to meet a fellow Generation 1 fan, but you know, the 5th gen isn't all that bad either! I actually really love the plot; it was really well done on their part! Mmm, on any case, welcome to the Pokecommunity! You can call me Shawn; it's nice to meet you! I hope that you'll dive in and enjoy the boards with us! And have a nice day. See you again. <33

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I can understand if you're new to forums, but you picked an awesome one to start with so you'll definitely have fun settling in with us, and if you ever want to learn more about PC based on interests you can sign up for a mentor in our Adoption Center.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out. Is there a daycare center as well where I will be paired with a female (or a pink blob monster) to act as an assembly line for eggs? :D

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure I am going to enjoy this place!

But remember, in Kanto we had a Pokemon designed after a pile of sludge. I feel like people tend to look past those weird, older designs just because they were the first generation which started it all. Personally I love all the generations of Pokemon... though Johto and Hoenn are among some of my favorites.

You leave my poor Grimer alone! He has overactive exocrine glands! Anyway, I agree that people usually do not see any fault with the generation with which they grew up. If I really think about it, a pink blob that transforms into anything is kinda weird :p

Hope you'll have an amazing time here on PC! Seems like you're going to fit right in with how big a Pokemon fan you are. Cheers, happy to chat anytime if you're interested~

Thank you :) I might just have to take you up on that!

Mmm, but people kind of hate the Kanto region these days, which ugh, I can never hate it because the Kanto region is really nostalgic for me, which yeah, I've been a fan since the 90s too! Like you I've used Squirtle on Pokemon Blue which was pretty cool and made everything easy, haha.

I love Kanto the best only because of the nostalgia, really. There is no logical explanation other than that, which is fine with me because I didn't claim to be logical! Oh, and when you go back to Kanto in G/S/C... my god. THE BEST.

Still though, it's really great to meet a fellow Generation 1 fan, but you know, the 5th gen isn't all that bad either! I actually really love the plot; it was really well done on their part!

I didn't finish Black or White, or Black or White 2... I started both, but I couldn't finish it for whatever reason. It didn't feel right. The story in the first one, from what I've read, was pretty deep for a Pokemon game, but I can't get into that generation. There might be a few Pokemon in that generation that I like, but I couldn't list them without looking at pictures.

Thanks for the welcome, though :) hope to see you in the forum!

EDIT TO ADD: Thanks for the edit, Mods! :) sorry for the spam.

Last edited:
    Years
    I totally understand what you mean about B/W relating to the weird Pokemon designs, I thought the exact same thing. I must agree that Gen. 1 will always hold a special place in my heart so it's probably my favorite because it's the original, but I do love me some Gen 3 too! At Gen 4 I saw the "possible decline" but X and Y totally redeemed it for me.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I hope you stick with us for quite awhile, we always need more people around here. I used to give out pie to the newcomers, but that idea went out the window some time ago, so we're fresh out. Sorry.

Years
    Hello!

My name is Kody, but you can either call me that or by my persona, Palsy. I have been a Pokemon lover since '97-98, though I have since stopped collecting cards and games for the most part. My first Pokemon game was Red where I dominated Kanto with my trusted Squirtle, Bubbles... and then again with Sparky (Pikachu) in Pokemon Yellow... and again with Blaze (Charmander) in Pokemon Blue... (I am pretty good with nicknames). Way back when I didn't know any better, my favorite Pokemon was Bulbasaur. While Mr. Bulba, as I called my stuffed toy (again, great nickname), was a pretty sweet dude, Then I moved onto Psyduck, I called him Glen :P and now my favorite Pokemon is Esepon (PALSY :D).

Though I consider myself a Generation I Pokemon fan, I still love just about every generation except for when Black and White came out... I will never get over the fact that they designed a Pokemon after an ice cream cone and another after a pile of garbage... but they made up for it with Pokemon X&Y.

I have never joined a Pokemon community before this one. I have also run solo, but I want to change that. I hope to become a part of this community, even if it is a tiny part. I love making new friends, especially ones I can game with. You wanna be my friend? :D

Palsy

Hey Palsy! Nice to meet you! My name is Matt! You and I have very much the same background. I started with Pokémon back when Blue and Red touched local retail shelves! But, unlike you, I kept Bulbasaur as my favorite. Ha ha! I agree with everything you said above and I too am also new to this community. I've never been on a forum site like this for Pokémon and none of my friends in my area share the same "PokéPassion" as I do. Let's chat sometime! Shoot me a message! We could trade, battle, or whatever. Have a great day!

Years
    I was actually surprised by the ice scream cone as well. I'm also wondering how Meloetta has something resembling a headset in her form...because that si just so natural. Welcome to the site. I'm a rookie too.

Back