• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back To School...Elementary School That Is (Afrojack, WuMo, Owl Dance-Off) [Daily Bloggity Entry #206]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color:#660000 ; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    0PKao1t.jpg

Date: 11 February 2015
    Time: 11:32 AM ET
    Mood: Jolly Ranchers are oh so yummy!

Searching for a job is hard. Very hard, to be exact. For an employer to accept you, one needs to know the ins and outs of the company as well as basically make a pitch to that person detailing how you will advance their goals to the best of your abilities. More over than not you only get one shot at succeeding at the task at hand, and unfortunately there is a lot more heartbreak than success. However, this entry is not about a failure that has occurred but rather a success. For as you may or may not have known, I have successfully landed a job for my university's co-op program, and I've been having an utter blast with it. Why you might ask? Because I work with children, that's why.

Daily Music - "Rock The House" by Afrojack
    Spoiler:
    Currently, I work as a substitute teacher for an elementary school. For obvious reasons I'm not going to disclose the name of the school in which I work at, but my responsibilities include substituting for classes when their teachers are out, monitoring recesses and lunches, as well as just acting as a building aid where I'll spend some days working in the library and/or the office. Oddly enough, one of my favorite tasks isn't substituting, bur working in the library. I've gained a really good relationship with the librarian there and she has shown me to a lot of awesome books Later on down in my career when I might want to just stick to a more relaxed job instead of retiring, I might become a librarian. Who knows, I enjoy it to say the least.

Daily Comic - "Evil" by Wulff & Morgenthaler of WuMo
    Spoiler:
    Everyday is a new adventure for me. I currently work with kids ranging from Kindergarten all the way up to 8th Grade, and you'll never know what you might expect from these children; sometime's they'll be great balls of energy and seem to bounce off the walls, or they'll mope around because of the absolute dreadful weather that's occurring up here in the Northeast. Furthermore, the days go by in a blink of an eye for me. I hate jobs where you can't keep yourself preoccupied and the days feel like they are dragging on forever - thankfully, this is not one of those jobs. I feel that I am always doing something there, which is great considering I've had jobs where I'd have the complete opposite happening.

Daily Video - "GoPro: Owl Dance-Off" by company GoPro
    Spoiler:
    The job is also very rewarding to me. I spent two years of my life studying to become a Nurse, and unfortunately, after spending some time working in one of the best hospitals that Boston has to offer, I found that the career wasn't exactly for me. So, I decided that I wanted to pick another career in which I felt that I was benefiting society. That's where Education came in and how I got involved with that spectrum. I'm hoping to, in the end, become either a Kindergarten or 1st Grade teacher as 1.) they are absolutely adorable and 2.) I feel that I can most make an impact on these children as during this time period they are learning the building blocks that will carry them down the road for years to come. That's at least what my goal is, and through this co-op job I am hoping to gain the experience needed by observing other teacher's and how they're different teaching habits impact the students.

What about you guys? What kind of career do you want to get yourself involved in? Have you gotten any jobs to help you work towards that career, or have you had no luck with it thus far? Are you nervous about landing a job for your future career? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]

Years
  • I'm actually working towards becoming a teacher myself, I'm just a little over half-way through my Bachelor of Education.

I fully agree that working with children is an extremely rewarding experience and nothing feels better than watching your students succeed. I wish you luck with your endeavours.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • gimmepie;bt101517 said:
    I'm actually working towards becoming a teacher myself, I'm just a little over half-way through my Bachelor of Education.

I fully agree that working with children is an extremely rewarding experience and nothing feels better than watching your students succeed. I wish you luck with your endeavours.
    And the same goes to you, friend. What age group would you like to teach?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm'a become a teacher as well ☺ Just starting my BA w/ Spec. in Geography + Advanced Minor in French as a Second Language. I'll become a French teacher here in Canada eventually. Three years to go for my BA after April, then two years for bED now that the policy has changed (it used to be one year).

Hoping to teach highschool French ☺ I really want to get kids interested in French as a language so that they can use it abroad or here in Canada. A lot of people aren't too interested in French and don't see the point. I'd like to change that close-minded perspective.

Also I'd teach English. Languages are my thing, really ☺

Years
  • El Héroe Oscuro;bt101520 said:
    And the same goes to you, friend. What age group would you like to teach?

I prefer middle primary really, but I'm perfectly happy with lower or upper primary as well. It's really just pre-primary and kindergarten that I really want to steer away from. I'm not very good with the really young ones. I worked with year two kids in my first practical placement and loved it mind you.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • That's fab! I love hearing about people finding what they love and really going for it and enjoying it. Again, congrats on getting the job! I'm really happy for you and glad to hear that it's going so well!

As for me, I don't know if you actually knew- but I'm working full time as a game developer. I've been in games for a bit over 3 years now and entered the industry as an animator; now I'm a lead animator. The next game that I worked on will actually be out next week (Total War: Attila.) I, like you, really enjoy my job and I worked hard at school and in life to get where I am now. :3 So I am really really happy to hear about your successes too!

Back