• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Well, it could be worse - it could be the Xbone, whose best game doesn't exist. xD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Xbox ONE has a rather catchy shortened name - XBone. 3EDGY6ME

X-Bone. Cross Bone? CrossBox?

Gears of War was my reason to be an XBoxer back in the day. Too bad my cousin at Maryland owned said console(s) (Original, 360, and X-Bone) so he had all of the Gears games while I was stuck with Killzone and God of War.

Since I've been talking about a lot of EDGE lately in VG, i thought of something edgy.

BRUTAL METROID PRIME.

Brutal Metroid Prime could be a nice way to revitalize and "EDGYFY" Metroid to gorehouds such as myself ;). I mean, Samus headstomping an alien on the face while ripping and tearing any of Brinstar and other planet's hostile lifeforms...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Xbox ONE has a rather catchy shortened name - XBone. 3EDGY6ME

X-Bone. Cross Bone? CrossBox?

Gears of War was my reason to be an XBoxer back in the day. Too bad my cousin at Maryland owned said console(s) (Original, 360, and X-Bone) so he had all of the Gears games while I was stuck with Killzone and God of War.

Since I've been talking about a lot of EDGE lately in VG, i thought of something edgy.

BRUTAL METROID PRIME.

Brutal Metroid Prime could be a nice way to revitalize and "EDGYFY" Metroid to gorehouds such as myself ;). I mean, Samus headstomping an alien on the face while ripping and tearing any of Brinstar and other planet's hostile lifeforms...
    It's a mystery as to why creating edgy video games or edgy characters is still a thing despite "edgy" being a laughing stock in the internet community. I mean, I don't understand how Shadow the Hedgehog, Dark Pit, and New Dante still have dedicated fanbases, when they represent why "edgy" is made fun of in the first place.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    It's a mystery as to why creating edgy video games or edgy characters is still a thing despite "edgy" being a laughing stock in the internet community. I mean, I don't understand how Shadow the Hedgehog, Dark Pit, and New Dante still have dedicated fanbases, when they represent why "edgy" is made fun of in the first place.

Because none of them do stuff like this:

How many times have I referenced Brutal Doom in VG? Maybe too much to count? Then again, fellow gorehounds should definitely check out Brutal Doom. You guys will love it, especially for those who are eager for Doom 4.

Now imagine Samus doing all of this in Brutal Metroid Prime.

A Metroid game with Blood, Gore, and Graphic Violence along with much louder, faster, and more intense gameplay, action, and of course MURDER DANCIN? Brutal Samus should be a thing.

Zet

Years
    I have seen the light. First thing tomorrow, I'm trading in my PS4 for an Xbone. I don't know WHAT I was thinking.
    Or keep the PS4, learn Japanese, and import ALL the games.

(Persona 5 will be released in Japan this summer, and NA will probably get it around Christmas).

pkmin3033

(Persona 5 will be released in Japan this summer, and NA will probably get it around Christmas).
    I despise Persona, so if anything that would be a point to support my utterly ridiculous idea of selling my PS4. xD

Years
    I'm surprised that new Persona games aren't on both PS4 and Xbone. I feel that its popularity wold warrant it being on more consoles. I suppose not enough Xbox gamers care about JRPGs then? (Yeah, yeah, I know there were a few exclusives on Xbox 360, but I couldn't be bothered. xD)

Years
    Mmm... yup. That makes sense. At the end of the day, JRPGs are of course still made largely with the Japanese audience in mind. The reason there aren't many JRPGs on Xbox consoles is because not enough Japanese even own Xbox systems.

On a random note, I've noticed that the Wii U edition of Minecraft is currently rather popular in Japan right not for some reason? ~_~

pkmin3033

I'm actually amazed Kingdom Hearts III will make it to Xbone. Final Fantasy Ver--sorry, XV, not so much - that's pretty much transcended the nicheness of the genre to become a thing all its own - but Kingdom Hearts? It seems illogical to bring the final part of a trilogy that has been on Sony consoles to the Xbone. The HD remasters didn't make it to the 360. That ridiculously named 2.8 game won't be making it to Xbone either. So why KHIII? I will never understand Square Enix's marketing strategy. I'm not even sure they HAVE one anymore.

...I'm ignoring all the spinoffs, for the sake of my own sanity.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Not funny, guys. The Xbox One has a ton of great games- exclusives even. Hell, I even compiled this wonderful list of all the great Xbone games on the system:
    Spoiler:
    I MUST BUY XBONE NOW!

Weeeell... if there were any...
    PS4 is not Vita to be saved by the glorious Nippon...
    PS4 is still lost cause.

I'm surprised that new Persona games aren't on both PS4 and Xbone. I feel that its popularity wold warrant it being on more consoles. I suppose not enough Xbox gamers care about JRPGs then? (Yeah, yeah, I know there were a few exclusives on Xbox 360, but I couldn't be bothered. xD)
    As far as I know, Atlus does not have contract with MS.
    They have contract with Nintendo for SMTs and with Sony for Persona.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Danganronpa's out on Steam.

If you didn't buy it already or don't have a Vita/PSTV or, and this is the worst case scenario, watched the anime, buy this. Now or later, it'll inevitably go on sale. The second game's also getting released here sooner or later and save for some hiccups, apparently it's a pretty fine port.

Plus it comes with a FLAC soundtrack, so...I mean, you get what you pay for.

pkmin3033

So, Amazon just delayed in copy of SMD for an unspecified amount of time due to stock shortages or something. Is it worth paying £10 extra to get it on release day, or holding out until Tuesday when I'm next scheduled to go into town? Amazon might even dispatch it between now and then, and £10 is nearly a third of the price, and I have Digimon to occupy me, but I really want to play it after waiting an unacceptable three additional months on top of the US release and I really shouldn't but I want to and I hate being in this position =/

Years
    So, Amazon just delayed in copy of SMD for an unspecified amount of time due to stock shortages or something. Is it worth paying £10 extra to get it on release day, or holding out until Tuesday when I'm next scheduled to go into town? Amazon might even dispatch it between now and then, and £10 is nearly a third of the price, and I have Digimon to occupy me, but I really want to play it after waiting an unacceptable three additional months on top of the US release and I really shouldn't but I want to and I hate being in this position =/

I suppose it depends on how badly you want to play the game as soon as possible. But that's an interesting delay case that I personally have never experienced before. Would dishing out extra money at this point expedite the delivery process?

pkmin3033

I suppose it depends on how badly you want to play the game as soon as possible. But that's an interesting delay case that I personally have never experienced before. Would dishing out extra money at this point expedite the delivery process?
    Well, I'd play it today, but I'd probably only squeeze five hours or so out of it between now and Monday...and I haven't even opened the last two 3DS games I bought either. I do need to go out today, but I might not bother with it...if I can resist. I have to pass GAME on the way to and from where I plan to go. I'll go in. I'll browse. Things might escalate from there. xD

Unfortunately not - no stock. Or so my e-mails tell me. If they passed me over because I'm not paying expedited delivery and I find out about it, there will be hell to pay. I've had this damn game preordered since the 19th of December ._.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back