• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Okay, so here's a brief on my thoughts on things shown on E3 in crude stick figure drawing:
    Eh, as a prospective Xbox One owner, it was pretty okay.

As a PC gamer, though, this one was pretty solid. Lots of good stuff and no need to drop any more than 60 USD on any of it. Their emphasis on PC compatibility was pretty damn smart. And beneficial to me- it's about goddamn time this company started supporting their platform. Sony had a solid approach and the new Zelda is bae, but Microsoft's was far from bad.

pkmin3033

I actually rather like the look of the new Xbone, and the fact that the 2TB console costs as much as my PS4 did is appealing; I would much rather buy one of those than a PSVR headset for the same price...a price which is outrageous for it, I hasten to add. The problem is that the damn console still doesn't have any games for it that appeal to me. It'd make a very pretty paperweight, but that'd be about all it'd be good for.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Not happening. I don't think cutscenes are THAT of an issue to talk/rant about for now. Press Start or Hold E baby, and as much as I respect Kojima's talents, I love poking a bit of fun about the overly long cutscenes often associated in a Kojima game.

Back to the Grind(stone)

Shipping Genji into everything is a far more delicious topic to talk about. Sup Iris.
    INb4 - this is how you time a crazy mother ****ker like Iris Heart. Be a super smexy Cyborg Ninja.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Well I don't know, MGS4 had quite long cutscenes, but then MGSV had shorter cutscenes with more gameplay (though the overall length is as long as MGS4). We'll find out when it gets released in 2021.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I have no problem with long cutscenes. again, I do enjoy some overblown hollywood esque scenes as a means to relax from all of the action. But the sin that MGS4 had on me was that there were so many scenes that should have been just gameplay sections instead of cutscenes. At least they learned a bit in MGSV.

pkmin3033

As long as the cutscene itself is interesting and I have the option to skip it, I don't mind how long it goes on for, really. A good story justifies a long cutscene...a weak story does not. Regardless, there is no excuse not to have a skip function...especially for pre-boss cutscenes. Watching the same cutscene or skipping the same dialogue repeatedly before a tough boss is infuriating.

Sir Codin

I don't mind several cutscenes here or there as long as you can skip them. But if you're going to make your non-RPG game more than 30% story, you might as well just make a movie.

I've recently decided to do challenge runs and speed runs of Ocarina Of Time and I can really now understand why some classic Zelda players disliked the game having too much story. Still a good story and a fun game, but damn did I get annoyed having the bash the B-button to skip each wall of text by the time I got to Dodongo's Cavern.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • I don't mind several cutscenes here or there as long as you can skip them. But if you're going to make your non-RPG game more than 30% story, you might as well just make a movie.

I've recently decided to do challenge runs and speed runs of Ocarina Of Time and I can really now understand why some classic Zelda players disliked the game having too much story. Still a good story and a fun game, but damn did I get annoyed having the bash the B-button to skip each wall of text by the time I got to Dodongo's Cavern.

Then its good that you never played AC: Unity. sometimes your happy that there was a bug, so you had something interesting to look at while the cutscene of sometimes 4 minutes goes on. (floating heads is always funny)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I just realized... if I was ever a youtuber and earning all of the skrillaz, I'd team up with AlphaOmegaSin and we talk about a lot of video game related stuff, like the ones we often talk about here, the whole "Call of Battlefield: Modern Warfighter" issues (inb4blatant thread advertising), DOOM related stuff, Final Fantasy, and we be dropping tactical cluster F Bombs left and right and be the EDGIEST and most sadistic tag team aver.

OMG, HE'S LIKE THE BROTHER THAT I NEVER HAD! THE EDGE! THE RAGE! THE F BOMBS! THE METAL AS FECK RAAAAAAAAGEEEE that he oozes when he rants. ALPHA PLZ BE MY BROTHER IN ARMS! We'd be wearing black shirts, while wearing some bling bling metal as feck accessories, swinging our air guitars, Flexing our shotguns, doing the \m/O_O\m/ poses all dang night, and still make sense of what we are talking about.

Also, i think Mighty No. 9 will be finally out by June 21 of this year. and ya'll know how hyper active i would be once i get to play it.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I was never really much into Mega Man, so the numerous delays and Inafune acting like a greedy c*** really did nothing to sway my disinterest in Mighty No.9

pkmin3033

Yeah, I was never going to get it either...the only thing I like about Inafune is that he got a cameo in Hyperdimension Neptunia. I mean, the entire thing has been pretty shit for fans and backers looking forward to it, but...eh, there are more exciting Kickstarter titles - Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee - on the horizon.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I
    OMG, HE'S LIKE THE BROTHER THAT I NEVER HAD! THE EDGE! THE RAGE! THE F BOMBS! THE METAL AS FECK RAAAAAAAAGEEEE that he oozes when he rants. ALPHA PLZ BE MY BROTHER IN ARMS! We'd be wearing black shirts, while wearing some bling bling metal as feck accessories, swinging our air guitars, Flexing our shotguns, doing the \m/O_O\m/ poses all dang night, and still make sense of what we are talking about.

Also, i think Mighty No. 9 will be finally out by June 21 of this year. and ya'll know how hyper active i would be once i get to play it.

You should have seen his panel at Retropalooza. It was amazing and he honestly seems just as awesome irl.

As for Mighty No. 9, I'm really hoping this game turns out to be great, despite all the BS. I dropped $100 on that kickstarter and I'm really hoping I don't end up horribly regretting this.
    In other news, guess who recently contributed to the Saurian kickstarter? I promise I don't have a problem.

pkmin3033

You dropped $100 on Mighty No. 9? Ouch...

That said, I dropped almost that much on Bloodstained for a physical copy and some other stuff; I was (and sort of still am) quite excited by it, because 2D Castlevania titles are one of the few, if not the only, things that have never disappointed me. Not even Dawn of Sorrow disappointed me, even if I wasn't as keen on it. It's quite a leap of faith to back projects to that amount though, and it has to be pretty awful when your faith is rewarded with delays and corporate bullshit =/

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND STILL WATCHING ALPHAOMEGASIN'S CONTENT! AHHHHHH THE RAGEEEE! ITS TRYING TO GIVE BIRTH! I'VE ALREADY CALMED MYSELF DOWN! HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP anyway, about AoS. I think its easy for some people to write him off as some long haired metal edgehead who loves using vulgar language with his rants, but that's what I somewhat love about this guy. Gaming related controversies and news, and he's pumping his metal-ended Shotgun on everything with the language i find so.. beautiful. its like poetry in gunfire.

I almost dropped a couple of sklliras to help fund John Romero's Blackroom campaign, the FPS that he was going to create along with Adrian Carmack (one of the original co-founders of IdSoftware) only for me to realize JUST NOW that God Romero himself has paused the crowd funding of his game in order to focus on making a playable demo. Oh my god, i need to actually be updated with things I do plan to help fund. Oh well, Come on God Romero, at least show that you are still DEE LEGEND that we all once were willing to be your collective B**ches.

you know, for how much do some of you love to sort of rant about the modern (or at least this year and from last year's) gaming industry trends and whatnot, some of us often overlook that there exist GOOD modern side scrollers.

Heck, here's a Mighty 9 vs Modern Side scrollers comparison video:
    Spoiler:

Its funny how those side scrollers used in those videos look like very good games. Maybe i should try them out. Some of them will be making to my new rig/machine.

I just realized.. youtube comments on Infinite Warfare are so horrendously cancerous. Then when someone makes a video of the game or at least share the footage and say positive things, the venom from the people come out..... T__T. These people...

Last edited:

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND STILL WATCHING ALPHAOMEGASIN'S CONTENT! AHHHHHH THE RAGEEEE! ITS TRYING TO GIVE BIRTH! I'VE ALREADY CALMED MYSELF DOWN! HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP anyway, about AoS. I think its easy for some people to write him off as some long haired metal edgehead who loves using vulgar language with his rants, but that's what I somewhat love about this guy. Gaming related controversies and news, and he's pumping his metal-ended Shotgun on everything with the language i find so.. beautiful. its like poetry in gunfire.

I almost dropped a couple of sklliras to help fund John Romero's Blackroom campaign, the FPS that he was going to create along with Adrian Carmack (one of the original co-founders of IdSoftware) only for me to realize JUST NOW that God Romero himself has paused the crowd funding of his game in order to focus on making a playable demo. Oh my god, i need to actually be updated with things I do plan to help fund. Oh well, Come on God Romero, at least show that you are still DEE LEGEND that we all once were willing to be your collective B**ches.

you know, for how much do some of you love to sort of rant about the modern (or at least this year and from last year's) gaming industry trends and whatnot, some of us often overlook that there exist GOOD modern side scrollers.

Heck, here's a Mighty 9 vs Modern Side scrollers comparison video:
    Spoiler:

Its funny how those side scrollers used in those videos look like very good games. Maybe i should try them out. Some of them will be making to my new rig/machine.

I just realized.. youtube comments on Infinite Warfare are so horrendously cancerous. Then when someone makes a video of the game or at least share the footage and say positive things, the venom from the people come out..... T__T. These people...

I have to admit, I think the gameplay Infinite warfare actually looks quite decent. A lot different from the other entries of the franchise.
    but yeah, its 'Cool' and 'hip' now to bash on Call of Duty. I hope this games takes a different twist on the franchise, and maybe ill buy it!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I have to admit, I think the gameplay Infinite warfare actually looks quite decent. A lot different from the other entries of the franchise.
    but yeah, its 'Cool' and 'hip' now to bash on Call of Duty. I hope this games takes a different twist on the franchise, and maybe ill buy it!

We now have a thread dedicated for the Modern military shooter chat. I hope THAT thread somehow helps spread off some of the things in DCC. Heck, the DOOM thread (my first HOT thread ever in PC) will now just serve as our repository for any DOOM 2016 (and Idsoftware related) news from now on, so I'm not like spreading every thread with DOOM related stuff. Too much DOOM is not recommended for everyone's health. Its only recommended for my own diet.

Okay hold the phone. I feel like my inner fire has been unleashed. I am doing a maratohon of AngryJoe and AlphaOmegaSin's content, AT THE SAME TIME, and i feel like I'm getting fired up. And then you combine that with the REAL Main course which is SPICYWAFFLE, a let's play channel that I TOTALLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE to watch and check out.

YEAH! ENERGY. MENERGY. XINERGY! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • In other news, guess who recently contributed to the Saurian kickstarter? I promise I don't have a problem.

5,061 backers
    $175,399 pledged of $55,000 goal
    6 days to go

Is it me or did they already get their target budget, and WENT beyond it? Or maybe the kickstarter site forgot to add the extra "0" digit? Riot plz!

Also, i wish i could kickstart games as much as I you do pal. Suddenly i feel ashamed that i'm not doing some kickstarter contributions.

pkmin3033

I only kickstart projects that are coming to consoles, for obvious reasons. The problem with a lot of kickstarter projects is that they don't have a console stretch goal and, whilst I realise that there are a whole host of things that need to be done in order to get that to happen, that's the whole point of stretch goals. If they would at least add them in, I'd probably back them, even if I withdrew my pledge if they didn't make that target. It's just...disheartening, to be honest. There have been a lot I would have like to have backed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back