• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Really felt like a kick in the face, here. How closed it was and how little consideration it took in regards to the choices you made. And knowing how linear it was before actually reaching it was pretty much all I needed to stop playing and not bat an eye as my brother sold the game. And 2, for that matter, neither of which I completed. Did beat 1, though, but that was about 8ish years ago now. Probably had different tastes, and I certainly didn't mind the original. Still don't, honestly. 2, I liked mostly in story, less in level design and overall freedom. And the shift from an FPS RPG to just an FPS with RPG elements was...less than graceful. As far as I remember, at least. I've considered getting the trilogy on PC several times, but even at a low price it's hard to justify for me. Because even if it's about the ride rather than the destination, getting there really can make the ride seem shitty in retrospect. And in that regard, I'd say ME delivers.

But yeah, EA killed more than C&C. The biggest victim of theirs was easily Ultima, a fallen legend if I've ever seen one. In a different world where Ultima 8 and 9 (oh God 9) weren't completely botched, it'd still be around as an RPG giant and a standard for WRPGs and JRPGs alike to try and top. It died prematurely, and at the same time it felt like a genre died with it.

In happier news, that Ace Attorney 6 trailer was sexy as hell.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So apparently Quake Champions is confirmed to have Hero skills in an arena shooter. So think Quake 3 Arena but with character specific Overwatch like skills and abilities. My inner 90's kid in me is having suspicions on how that will work out considering that the beauty of an old school Arena shooter was all about the movement, aim, predictions, and skill. Every player avatar is on even ground. So I wonder... hmm. its funny.. the original Quake and its decendants, especially Quake 3 Arena and of course Quake Live (which still lives today) were ESPORTS before ESPORTS became a thing.

guys, i'm making a separate soon. Its all about weird gaming ideas or weird sh*t that gaming companies have done to their IPs or franchises.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I've been meaning to get into the Etrian Odyssey games for awhile now, though I don't know where to start. Honestly, I'll probably pick up whichever one is cheapest and go from there.

In other news, Classic Game Fest is later this month, and I'm extremely excited.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • And in my glorious attempt.. I also provide some stuff regarding our favorite gaming company ever, whether its something we genuinely make fun off or something that we regard as in important entity in our daily lives.. Its VALVE Baby!

CSGO Lottery Controversy
    GAMING CONTROVERSY, CONTERVERSY IN YO GAMES! and yes, CSGO.

And yes, CSGO gambling for rare and legendary skins is a business that some people in the CSGO community and Steam. Those who may not understand this matter, I'm free to help clarify how CSGO gambling works.

Basically, the CSGO community has been hit with some really big drama regarding two big youtubers in TMartin (Trevor Martin) and Syndicate who have been promoting a CSGO gamling site which they actually own, in which they make these "WIN XXX $$$ EAZY" gaming videos. The sin committed here is the simple lack of disclosure that they own the gambling site.

As a somewhat still avid Counter Strike player myself, it saddens me to read, witness, and see what a simple gambling of in-game skins, a lucrative business has become in the face of the interweebs.

And what's Valve doing? I dunno. Absolutely nothing yet? GABEN PLZ

pkmin3033

Start with Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and move on from there; it's an enhanced remake of the first title, so you're essentially starting from the beginning. They've remastered the second game as The Fafnir Knigt too, and it wouldn't surprise me if an Etrian Odyssey Untold 3 is on the cards for the distant future. Etrian Mystery Dungeon might be worth a look-in, too.

...I'm really in the mood for a DRPG right now, actually.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I wish i was out of the country right now to go into Classic Game Fest. While i don't consider myself a complete retro bastard, I do like to experience what it feels like to be with other 90's kids and 90's freaks.

And as for Borderlands 2, well, i said it before. This game mang. I don't even know if Gearbox actually thought of making the story believable. I get hilarious writing and all that tongue-in-cheek things but when the humor relies way too much on self-referential humor and dank maymays, I don't even.. whatever. The game is fun, though honestly, they could have just completely broke the wall considering how many of the minor characters, like the enemies actually break the 4th wall harder than Deadpool on crack O_.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • What's so special about those guys? There are hundreds of CSGO gamble sites. I think the problem is in skins themselves, but Gaben needs to scam little children into buying knife skins on Steam so they'll never remove that.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • What's so special about those guys? There are hundreds of CSGO gamble sites. I think the problem is in skins themselves, but Gaben needs to scam little children into buying knife skins on Steam so they'll never remove that.

Youtubers + Streamers with huge followings who basically do gambling videos on a gambling site that they actually own without disclosing that they own the website, thus taking advantage of what they already have.

Sir Codin

Didn't know people would actually gamble on Counter-Strike.....or that people even still playing Counter-Strike.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I lost a few bets.

The best I got is my Stat-track griffon. Apparently I have a dragon king actually

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Sorry to be off the ongoing topic, but I want to do a follow up to something from a few weeks ago.

I finally got an email response from Comcept and they sent me my download codes for the Wii U version of Mighty No. 9, and I get to keep the Steam codes, too. Now to actually try the game.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Sorry to be off the ongoing topic, but I want to do a follow up to something from a few weeks ago.

I finally got an email response from Comcept and they sent me my download codes for the Wii U version of Mighty No. 9, and I get to keep the Steam codes, too. Now to actually try the game.

Sir Codin

I was about to overdose on meds today because I'm sick of getting rejected from even basic jobs when searching.

Then I saw this and figured "eh, I suppose I can hold off suicide for at least another day..."

pkmin3033

I still can't believe Counterstrike is even relevant in this day and age...how long has that been around now? You'd think people would latch on to something else at this point. Although if you can make money off it, perhaps not...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Well it's a "new" Counter Strike game, it's a cheap multiplayer game every kid can buy and every PC can run it. But I'm not into competitive shooters at all, so not the right person to criticize games like this. I liked CSGO more than Team Fortress 2 at least. TF2 just felt really random. I have a bigger problem with the knives and hats than the games themselves tbh. They are essentially DLCs everyone approves of, even though they are overpriced cosmetic DLC. Community my ass when Valve gets a good chunk out of that. These things can get really pricey, and I can't help but laugh at people who would pay TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS for a virtual knife skin.

pkmin3033

Team Fortress 2 felt like a bad Saturday morning cartoon...which was part of its appeal, and would probably be the defining factor for me if I was ever going to get into these things.

DLC like that is a problem all over the industry, though...perhaps not quite to that extreme, but I would argue that lower-priced DLC is a bigger problem. Not many people are going to be able to afford something that costs that much. But aesthetic DLC under ?1/$1? Most people can afford that. Most people will get that. Cumulatively it adds up to far more, and when they release so much of it...

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I played TF2 back in the day with a group, it was fun but then it wore off and I stopped playing >.> I liked Sniper haha, but so did lots of people. I'd play whatever though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So...what about big Japanese AAA studios? A lot of AAA studios ARE Japanese, in fact. Resolve this conflict of interest for me, if you would. Does the AAA nature purge the Japanese content, or does the Japanese content allow you to overlook the fact that they're AAA?
    Actually, I count big Japanese AAA studios into AAA category since their biggest releases are usually made with western audience in mind.
    I mean... if we take a look at them (please add any if I forgot some, either studios or games you would like to know), I can't say I would be following their biggest franchises.

Square Enix - Of course, Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy, no one can escape this grasp =D But apart for that, I only go for their smaller titles like Setsuna. Or just a one from the bigger hitters like SaGa, MANA, Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts. Can't say I would be following any of them particularly.
    But Just Cause, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Thief or Deus Ex? Nah, nope.

Konami - I don't think I actually played anything else than PES and YGO games. Metal Gear? Castlevania? Nah, nope again.

Crapcom - Can we not talk about them? xD I only played SFIV for fun on friend's PS3, apart from that, nothing from Capcom. RE does not appeal to me that much and Megaman is out of my radar.

Sony Japan Studios + Bamco - Pretty much the same situation as Squenix, only the smaller franchises (I don't presume Gravity Daze from SJS or SAO from Bamco would be their biggest sellings xDD)

In other news, it looks like SEGA and ATLUS pooled their collective intellect and learned how to read a map. Colour me...surprised. At least if they actually live up to the vaguely implied promise of physical copies inherent in the press release.

Eh, as long as I get Etrian Odyssey V out of this, I don't care.
    Yup, there won't be one year but half a year delay! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back