• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What has Ubisoft done that is distrustful?

Well, the whole Watch_Dogs graphics controversy.

Also I think when it comes to their games they have had the biggest disconnect between what they showed off in trailers and what we actually got. I'm not saying other companies haven't done it, and I know that's the whole point of advertising, but I think that's been the biggest problem with Ubisoft in the past few years.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    That was how many years ago now? Before the consoles even launched?

Watch_Dogs was unveiled at E3 2012. It released in May 2014, on all the consoles. So not that long ago. It also ran terribly on PC when it launched, and why did they even remove the textures on the PC version anyways?

AC: Unity also launched the same year, and also ran terribly with frequent frame rate drops.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Don't worry I'll post my favorite Ubisoft comparison video when I get home. R6 is pretty drastic...

Here we go!

Wildlands was my last straw. You can already see the infamous extreme downgrades in the e3 gameplay and it's not even on a release version yet.

They just do this game after game. I laughed at their entire Watch Dogs 2 reveal, because I already know what'll happen with it. Pretty trailers to net a whole bunch of pre-orders to release a stripped version of their game. But it doesn't matter to them they already got the main chunk of their profits from the Pre-Orders!

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Slime Rancher coming to the XBOX One Preview Program on August 19th. :D

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • In other news, the Wonder Boy/Monster World revival game Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom has a new trailer, and is now apparently slated for Q1 2017. And boy, does it look good:

And just in case, two more videos: the first trailer and the trailer for another game: a modern remake of the most well-received Wonder Boy game from the Master System era: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap. Both games are being made independently by different studios, but both studios collaborate with the creator of the series Ryuichi Nishizawa, and know each other (coincidentally enough, both studios are based in Paris) .

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • As a lover of the Master System and its games (despite not actually getting into Master System stuff until a few years ago), this announcement has me extremely happy, and maybe it'll lead to the revival of more classic Sega franchises, such as Alex Kidd or Phantasy Star.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years

• Well, people wanted Konami to make more games. Konami saw people want more MGS and Silent Hill, and here it is, the Metal Gear Hill.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Back to the Grind(stone)

3000TH POST and on my Birthday too so this is one nice way to start the day for me. If it isn't August 18 yet on your own timezone, then GIT GUUD u boosted animals. J/k anyway...

Anyway, reading on the fuccboicery that is Metal Gear Survive is certainly the greatest way for me to start off my birthday where I'll get the opportunity for some Non stop gaming on the PC cafe i go to, since they'll be offering free PC time for Birthday celebrants, which of course I've even prepared proof such as my IDs, license, and whatnot for the PC Cafe's staff to know :3

And this should also mark as the first day where I'll be finally moving out of this sh1tty laptop and be on a much better machine for all of my gaming and non-gaming needs. I'd still be keeping this laptop for things such as work.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Wow it's amazing how No Man's Sky went from the most hyped game to the least played game. Apparently the playerbase had a major drop. Guess they shouldn't have cut content and lied about what's in the game lol. Wonder if they're planning on selling all that as DLC.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • MNS Pulling off a Destiny where they try to revitalize the game through DLC because of its lack of content? That's going to take some procedurally generated boosting to pull that one off. The resources needed to pull that off may be so vast and unimaginable that Sean Murray needs to think of some delicious PR damage control to address all of the issues.

EDIT: I quickly quelled anything.

The original Destiny adventure may appear to be free on some digital console marketplaces. While players may download the Destiny base game, they will only be granted access to the Destiny Trial Mode for free. If players wish to progress through the original Destiny adventure via digital download, they will be required to purchase Destiny – The Collection to gain access to this content.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Most hyped is a bit of an overstatement. Some of us knew it wasn't going to deliver. It looked fishy to me from day 1 honestly.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think the Infinite Warfare multiplayer looks great. And the remastered COD4 multiplayer is incredible too. Can't wait for November 4th.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Most hyped is a bit of an overstatement. Some of us knew it wasn't going to deliver. It looked fishy to me from day 1 honestly.
    Yeah, same. But it was certainly among the most hyped, considering its fandom reached practically religious levels, largely due to a game that they'd built up in their minds.

The whole thing was silly, really. Minus the death threats. Those were uncalled for in every way. Especially when they were over reporting delays.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'll probably get shot by the CoD faithful and even the anti-fans for saying this but I am looking forward to playing some Infinite Warfare since i saw the multiplayer reveal and also the multiplayer analysis from Gameranx. To be honest, those spankin new multiplayer features are quite hypey enough for me to actually take a 2nd peek.

Years
  • Wooooo back onto the MMORPG hype with Final Fantasy 14!

I've started again and decided to stray away from the standard Mage DPS class and went for an Archer instead. So far it's been pretty cool; now I know some of you lay on Diabolos so I might venture over there soon...

Jealous of you PC'ers.

Looking to building mine within the next 2-4 months so I can board the Lost Ark and Revelation Online hype train. There's so many MMORPGs that I have tried playing on my Dell XPS laptop and would just not cooperate properly...

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Wooooo back onto the MMORPG hype with Final Fantasy 14!

I've started again and decided to stray away from the standard Mage DPS class and went for an Archer instead. So far it's been pretty cool; now I know some of you lay on Diabolos so I might venture over there soon...

wtfn00b blms are for shitters and bards don't even dps they're support l0l0l0l0l00l0

Just kidding man, hope to see you in Diabolos c:

Sir Codin

Yeah, same. But it was certainly among the most hyped, considering its fandom reached practically religious levels, largely due to a game that they'd built up in their minds.
    I really just don't buy that.

Especially when the things the people claimed were cut from the game were things that it desperately needed in order to not make it so infinitesimally boring.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I really just don't buy that.

Especially when the things the people claimed were cut from the game were things that it desperately needed in order to not make it so infinitesimally boring.
    I've seen the things that were claimed to have been cut, but saving a game from being boring and actually living up to the hype this garnered are two completely different things. Especially since a lot of those features were pretty vaguely stated, pretty much requiring the consumer to fill in the blanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back