• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad experiences.

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    I was just wondering whether you guys have ever had any bad experiences with gaming that you'd wish to share. Not with actual games, (Becuase there is already a thread like that) but with things like accessories, the actual game software, or the hardware/consoles.

One of my bad experiences happened just last night. I had just bought some screen protectors for my DS that were made by a company I wasn't familiar with. It said on the box that they came off and on easily; no worries right? wrong. The screen protector for the top screen of my DS came on and off fairly easily, but was cheeply made, as well as scratched and dirty. The bottom screen protector was pretty good, but then it got really bad. Once I got the screen protector on, I couldn't get it off! I then spent the next half hour picking at the corners of the screen protector to peel it off, while trying not ti damage my DS screen at the same time. I finally got the screen protector off 30 minutes later, ripping it in the process. Thankfully my screen was undamaged. But I'm not buying accessories from that company anymore. >=(

So what about you guys?

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    A year or 2 ago, I had been playing Sonic Adventure 2:Battle insanely, then all of a sudden, it stopped working when I tried to access the memory card, I was very ticked, and only this week did I repurchase it. Love that game

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I was playing my Silver version of Pokemon on N64(Pokemon Stadium 2) when it said something like: Please take out your game pack and put it in again. So I did. Then it said: Your file has been corrupted.

Does that count?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    DS screen protectors for me too. ><

When putting on the protectors they got covered in dust. I then removed them to clean off the dust. After putting it on, there was dust again. I repeated this process several times until the stikyness wore off. The top screen wouldn't stay on and the bottom one was full of air bubbles.

I decided to get the people at BEst Buy to put the protectors on for me. They have the same problem and end up goign through three boxes of protectors until they get it to work. Apparently they don't know how to use fingers, as to remove the bottom protector they went at my DS with an exactoknife. At which point I leapt over the counter and onto the person, grabbing the DS out of his hands. He could've sliced and diced my screen!

They finally got it. However the top protector has massive hunk of dust under it in one spot. It looks like dead pixel. @@ And the bottom one still has a few air bubbles.

The bottom protector looks like nothing more that a piece of tape and it's horrible scratched now. The bottom protector has little tears in it now!

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    my GameCube wiped out my memory card a couple of months ago..., not much was saved on it, but it was devastating trying to unlock everything I had in SSBM again.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well once on Pokemon Stadium I was moving some Pokemon from Yellow to Blue. And when I was playing a thing poped up and said your game pack has been deleted. So my brother's Blue was deleted. And what made it worse was we had every Pokemon on it (even Mew), and before it was deleted we was moving everything from Yellow to Blue to restart Yellow (we was almost done, just a few little Pokemon needed to be moved). So in the end we lost both Blue and Yellow.

Years
    Well, I remember once...some time ago now, I was playing Final Fantasy 7 and I had gotten to the Crater for the first time. I saved it and my brother came up and asked if I could make a copy of my save for him. Thinking it couldnt hurt, I agreed to make a copy and as I was making one, the gmae froze and I had to restart.

As I cam to the load menu, I found that all my saved game Data had been deleated! I took out the disc to check the memory cards data and ALL of my saved game data of every game I had on that memory card had been deleated...let me tell you, I wasnt a happy bunny XD

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
    Years
    Bayleef said:
    I was just wondering whether you guys have ever had any bad experiences with gaming that you'd wish to share. Not with actual games, (Becuase there is already a thread like that) but with things like accessories, the actual game software, or the hardware/consoles.

One of my bad experiences happened just last night. I had just bought some screen protectors for my DS that were made by a company I wasn't familiar with. It said on the box that they came off and on easily; no worries right? wrong. The screen protector for the top screen of my DS came on and off fairly easily, but was cheeply made, as well as scratched and dirty. The bottom screen protector was pretty good, but then it got really bad. Once I got the screen protector on, I couldn't get it off! I then spent the next half hour picking at the corners of the screen protector to peel it off, while trying not ti damage my DS screen at the same time. I finally got the screen protector off 30 minutes later, ripping it in the process. Thankfully my screen was undamaged. But I'm not buying accessories from that company anymore. >=(

So what about you guys?

Well after completing worms 3D (100%), I decided to restart it using my other memory card to save it however I accidently wrote over my 100% save after choosing the wrong memory to save the data in.
    After that came the joystick braking part and then I need to re-complete it all (which took 4 months!!!)

And about a week ago, I was checking out a free disk which I got with a magizine, however the disk somehow managed to brake my PS2 in the terms of that I couldnt play any games on it so I needed to use the money I saved up for the DS just to buy a new one (I thru away the disk that broke my old PS2) :(

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    DS screen protectors for me too. ><

When putting on the protectors they got covered in dust. I then removed them to clean off the dust. After putting it on, there was dust again. I repeated this process several times until the stikyness wore off. The top screen wouldn't stay on and the bottom one was full of air bubbles.

I decided to get the people at BEst Buy to put the protectors on for me. They have the same problem and end up goign through three boxes of protectors until they get it to work. Apparently they don't know how to use fingers, as to remove the bottom protector they went at my DS with an exactoknife. At which point I leapt over the counter and onto the person grabbing the DS out of his hands. He could've sliced and diced my screen!

They finally got it. However the top protector has massive hunk of fust under it in one spot. It looks like dead pixel. @@ And the bottom one still has a few air bubbles.

The bottom protector looks like nothing more that a piece of tape and it's horrible scratched now. The bottom protector has little tears in it now!

They went at your DS with an exactoknife!? OO They must have been mental. XD

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Once, i was playing NBA Street V3 with my friendand the game froze.I checked the memory card and the data was deleted!I was almost done in street challenge mode and the file got deleted!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I lent my copy of Mario Golf: TT to my friend a month after I got it and he moved away months later. I suppose I should have been more persistent in trying to get it back. :\

Then another time my Gamecube got a disk read error and we had to buy a new one.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Back when I first got Fire Red, I was getting ready to face Brock for the first time...I had trained my Charmander, Sammy, up to a decent level but I used Wings, my Butterfree, in the battle. The Jr. Trainer goes down with no problem, so I save and get ready to face Brock.

The battle starts fine, and Geodude goes down after a few blasts of Confusion. Next up is Onix...a few more Confusions and he'll be down, right?

WRONG!

I had no idea that Onix knew Rock Tomb, so Wings went down in no time flat! I reset and try again....and again...and again....and again...

It took me six tries to finally clench the Boulder Badge

Years
    One time, I lost the charger to my GBASP. I bought a new one from some company I hadn't heard of before. After one use, It wouldn't charge up anymore! I was so mad, I grabbed a pair of scissors and chopped it to pieces. Then I threw it in the trash and sent some hate e-mail to the company. I still haven't gotten a refund...

Also, one time I took my GBASP on a train trip to Chicago. My dad had put it in a duffel bag with a cooler. The cooler leaked all over the inside, and my GBASP was fried, along with the Fire Emblem game I had inside it! Luckily, the problem fixed itself, and my GBASP is fully operational. (and to think I was about to spend $50 to get it repaired by Nintendo...) Unfortunately, All my game data had been erased, and I was on Final Chapter: Light!

One more. Y'know that Missingno. Pokemon on Red and Blue? I captured it once, and it went to my PC. When I went to get it out, the whole game froze up! No matter how hard I tried, It WOULD NOT unfreeze. So I did a soft reset (A+B+Start+Select all at the same time). When the screen came back up, All my data had been deleted! ;_;

Back