• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    No, they're not going to recall the game, but you'd imagine that for 50 bucks you'd get a complete game.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    It's complete enough for me and most of the real battling community. :)

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Plus, how would you make fire that never moves look realistic?

How come in the sprites it is like that?

How come in the anime it is like that?

It's nintendo's creature and maybe it's key ingredient is its synthetic looking fire. IMO, Typhlosion would look queer with fire moving around his neck and above him. It's perfectly fine as it is.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Also, I like pokemon since 1997 (I'm 17 now), and I don't like the new pokemon the way I like the old ones, so don't say to me: "But the new ones are amazing" because the old ones, the ones that I (and probably every veteran) like most, are horrible.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Shut up and enjoy the game, please.

Last edited:

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
    Sounds like the Whine-O-Meter is off the charts here.

Sure I'm a little disappointed with some of the stuff like some of the models being from older generation games, but it's nostalgic and overall the game feels like it's worth $50.

I'm a happy panda *n.n*

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Nintendo Power is quoted as saying that the game has some of the best graphics on the Wii.
    The same goes to Sony, that keep saying things like:
    "PS3 has more originality than the Wii." :laugh:
    "PSP sells more than the DS Lite.":laugh:
    Let's wait for Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy to see.

it's not like they're about to recall the game so they can make Typhlosion's head flame look less papery.
    There´s another way, besides the recall!
    You, that probably have a Wii to play PBR, should know that you can get a upgrade through download in the system´s back-up memory. I belive a completely redone 3D model would use 3 megabytes from Wii´s 500 megabytes HD. (and besides it could be optional, also, you could store it in a 2GB SD card, wich is really cheap nowadays)

It's nintendo's creature and maybe it's key ingredient is its synthetic looking fire. IMO, Typhlosion would look queer with fire moving around his neck and above him. It's perfectly fine as it is.
    I have draw it before, with realist fire, (you know, it´s my favorite so I keep drawing it every time), all I can say is that typhlosion is amazing with realist fire around his neck, the fire is like...
    fur, but looks like hair, gives you the sensation that typhlosion became a super sayajin or something like that. XD
    (Let me get money to buy a scanner, and I´ll show you)

Shut up and enjoy the game, please.
    Keep dreaming kid.
    ("shut up" and "please" in the same sentence?!:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Let me inject my views on this conversation, what bit of it I read, and of the game:

Firstly, in case this was not addressed, to the trainer who said BR does not have a storage system, It uploads ALL your boxes AND your party to your BR file. EVEN your eggs. Can't get much better storage than that. Graphically, the pokemon are impressive. The stadiums are excellent, the models are smoother, true they aren't too realistic looking, but since when has pokemon been realistic? I think if we got realistic, Scyther's arms would be coated in blood and guts by now. At least you get to see them hit each other now.

The complaints about the limitations on the trainer design? I'm impressed simply from the fact that the Muscle Men look biologically accurate, instead of upside Pyramids like from Colloseum and XD. The trainers have enough variety to satisfy me. six different major models, three skin tones for each model, and a lot of clothing options you can mix and match. when before everyone looked exactly the same in player vs. player. that makes me happy. and the fact that you can now choose your player title, AND what your trainer says? Superb.

I admit I was looking for more of a story, but I'm pleased with what I got. Ten or so colloseums, 15+ different ways to battle, rental passes that you can mix and swap so that they never go dull, the multitude of things you can do just for battling puproses alone, staggering. And the Mystery Gifts? Items, most of them really excellent, that you can send to DP? True, they're also incredibly expensive, but They're worth it. And the fact that you get a free surfing pikachu holding a lightball just for beating the game? awesome.

As for Wifi mode, I had no real problems with Wifi beyond noobs with their legendary teams. The fact that I can spontaneously decide I want to battle wifi and have opponents available whom I did not prearrange a meeting with I like. battling random trainers is what I like. Having to arrange for a battle over wifi via swapping friends codes and such, like in DP, is too much hassle for someone who flies by the seat of their pants like me.

So in short, a great game, quit griping, you remind me of those star fox people who say "But it's not Starfox64!" That I hate so much, and enjoy the game. It's better than stadiums 1 and 2, it's better than colloseum and XD in terms of actual battle and appearance, so just buy the game.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    *grabs some 50 Calibur Aspirin in case of emergency*

Thank you, Heatran! :DDD

----

The same goes to Sony, that keep saying things like:
    "PS3 has more originality than the Wii."
    "PSP sells more than the DS Lite."
    Let's wait for Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy, then see.

You're missing the point. All companies brag about their products... But they're not always right. *nods at quotes from Sony*

However.

Nintendo Power isn't from Nintendo themselves. It's from people who are Nintendo fans, who made a magazine for Nintendo products. Therefore, the statement "PBR has some of the best graphics on the Wii" is purely customer opinion. Not Nintendo bragging.

Any by the way, Brawl and Galaxy may be better than PBR... But they're not out yet, so nobody can really judge. So shut up.

I have drawn it before, with realistic fire, (you know, it´s my favorite so I keep drawing it every time), all I can say is that Typhlosion is amazing with realistic fire around his neck, the fire is like fur, but looks like hair, gives you the sensation that Typhlosion became a Super Sayan or something like that. XD
    (Let me get money to buy a scanner, and I´ll show you.)

Oh. So you've drawn YOUR version of Typhlosion, with realistic fire. I've drawn MY version of Link a thousand times, and he's ended up with a totally different outfit, and would hardly be called the designers' idea of Link. Same concept with YOUR Typhlosion. Unless the Pokemon concept art team draws a Typhlosion with realistic fire and they like it, they're going to keep it the way it is. THEY are the judge when it comes down to "how good does _________ look with _______".

Also, I've likedn pokemon since 1997 (I'm 17 now), and I don't like the new pokemon the way I like the old ones, so don't say to me: "But the new ones are amazing" because the old ones, the ones that I (and probably every veteran) like most, are horrible.

One person's opinion. I, for one, who has played at least one game in each generation and has also liked Pokemon since it first came out, really like the fourth generation of Pokemon. And as for the old ones being "horrible", I think they all look fine. Arcanine? Sure, his paws aren't the greatest, but it's not like he hasn't been seriously improved from his 3D debut in Stadium. All of the models are absolutely stellar compared to their previous ones. Please. Pleeeeeeassee. PLEEEEAAASSSEEE STOP COMPLAINING.

daycare lady

2792-7496-6326
    Years
    I like pokemon since 1997, and now I´m 16 years old, I think Nintendo don´t get the idea:
    Pokemon fans are getting older...
    I would love to see some kick ass features, the pokemon smash bros idea is great!:cool:

You are not the only Pokefan in the World !!! Some kid of 5 years old love pokemon !!!

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    You are not the only Pokefan in the World !!! Some kid of 5 years old love pokemon !!!

That just severely delivered a blow to us older kids who play it. You gave him a good opportune moment to flame us. Don't do it again.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Arcanine? Sure, his paws aren't the greatest, but it's not like he hasn't been seriously improved from his 3D debut in Stadium. All of the models are absolutely stellar compared to their previous ones.
    I just pointed the paws of arcanine, but the entire models of those I pointed out are the same from stadium, I swear it´s the same.
    I could waste time getting more pics of the ones i pointed out and even some more, but I think that´s not necessary to prove anything.

You for example.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    They are not the same. Simply put. I can look at them and tell right off the bat. smoother, less blocky, better. Swear all you want, you're wrong.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Look, your all staring to sound like fanboys. Graphics in games are imporant. If my $250 NEXT-GEN SYSTEM Pokemon looks choppy and blocky, then there's a problem. I still think that the game is great, and I also say that it looks great, but it coud look better.

I think its worth the money, but if graphics are a deciding factor to some people, so be it.

One person's opinion. I, for one, who has played at least one game in each generation and has also liked Pokemon since it first came out, really like the fourth generation of Pokemon. And as for the old ones being "horrible", I think they all look fine. Arcanine? Sure, his paws aren't the greatest, but it's not like he hasn't been seriously improved from his 3D debut in Stadium. All of the models are absolutely stellar compared to their previous ones. Please. Pleeeeeeassee. PLEEEEAAASSSEEE STOP COMPLAINING.

Imaging if they had the same graphics then. That would not be acceptable on Next Gen. I don't care about the graphics, but there still nice.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    If you buy the game just to see what the graphics are like, nintendo doesn't care. You still bought it meaning you gave them fifty dollars.

Why do you even care that a pokeball is a hexagon or that a pokeball disapears. PBR is for the battling, not effing Playstation 3.

Nintendo even realeased this as there main thing.

"It's not about power, or graphics, or how real you can get it. What counts about a game is originality."

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Hey Kids, shut up about graphics. Damn you are far too whiny. Nintendo made the decision to not make graphics a priority because they know that GFX doesn't make the game. Just look at FFVII, terrible graphics in our modern world, but the game kicks ass.

Bottom Line, Nintendo also could have upgraded to High Def but they didn't, this way they can sell more at a the lower end graphics.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Ah, but then I, or anyone else wouldn't buy another game. Kinda like a betrayal to the fans.

Anyway, I have no problem with the graphics, and like the game regardless.

And I'm still a bit skeptical at their theme. They proved it so far, but games like Call of Duty for the Wii looks so bad, it seemed like N64 graphics. That was a MAJOR killing point. And Farcry: Vengeance was so ugly compared to the other versions (PS3, XBOX360), the other ones were supierior.

Still, I'm not saying PBR is bad because of the graphics. I like it. I'm just saying that they are an important part of games. You wouldn't eat food that looked disgusting, even if it really tasted good.

And why is everyone saying Shut Up? What for? I thought this was an open forum, not one for little children, who can't take ideas that don't match their own.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    well no **** the graphics suck. its a ****in wii not a ps3. if only they were combined together...

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    well i have both the wii and ps3 so if they did combine them i could just return my wii and ps3 to get the PSWii!!

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Why would you waste your money on a PS3?

Edit: It is more of an avil facesmasher than a gaming console

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back